Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 11:02 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Andrea Mitchell, a well respected, seasoned journalist
I almost fell down laughing on the floor........Andrea Mitchell was in the Hillary Clinton bandwagon since she was Senator, Secretary of State and running for President....all she needed was the "IM WITH HER" button to wear every time she was doing her job as a "reporter"

Tillerson ignored her question and all of sudden Tillerman is the worst SOS in history? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 11:37 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
I almost fell down laughing on the floor........Andrea Mitchell was in the Hillary Clinton bandwagon since she was Senator, Secretary of State and running for President....all she needed was the "IM WITH HER" button to wear every time she was doing her job as a "reporter"

Tillerson ignored her question and all of sudden Tillerman is the worst SOS in history? LOL
When did I write that? Please show me.

Old 03-10-2017, 11:54 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
When did I write that? Please show me.

you brought the Andrea Mitchell "incident".....like a President or SOS have never ignored a question from a reporter.....lol

Old 03-11-2017, 04:28 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Tha manner in which a corporate head does his job is to be as removed from their employees as possible. The have private everything. Transportation, dining, elevator, etc.

As a government department head, he is expected to be available to people.

Old 03-11-2017, 04:55 AM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
A Secretary of State is supposed to speak for America and speak for the President - but with Trump as his boss Tillerson is just blowing in the wind. Foreign leaders don't believe anything he says - its always at odds (or will be the next day) with what Trump says. This is why he refuses to talk to the press or make any statements. The SoS should be at the forefront of current events and making/publicizing US policy positions - but Tillerson is clearly way out the decision loop. You can't even use the "behind the scenes" excuse - foreign leaders know he is BSing, doesn't speak for Trump, and is trying to sugar coat his boss.

"Tillerson’s position here is very weak. President Donald Trump has shown his lack of faith in him by vetoing his choice for the No. 2 position in his department, Elliott Abrams. Tillerson has also been absent for most of Trump’s meetings with visiting leaders. He likewise does not seem to be playing a central role in the few foreign-policy decisions that the Trump administration has made: He does not appear to have been consulted before then-National Security Advisor Michael Flynn took the White House podium to announce that Iran was now “on notice” not to conduct further provocative missile tests; there is no evidence that his advice was sought when Trump huddled with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in January after a North Korean missile launch; nor does he appear to have been involved in Trump’s equivocation on whether he still supported a two-state solution in the Middle East. Most dramatically, he has not been able to stave off Trump’s proposal for deep cuts in the budget for diplomacy and foreign aid."

Rex Tillerson Might Be the Weakest Secretary of State Ever | foreignpolicy.com
Your source, Foreign Policy, is owned by The Washington Post, which has been entirely biased and venomous towards Trump and his administration.

Quote from the article:

"The news stories are based on leaks....."

The conclusions in this article are based on "leaks" from anonymous sources, again, and don't deserve any credence.

This thread is not worth more of a response.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
That is the opposite outcome. All military leaders would tell you that without diplomacy, there would be more wars. You know, like more devastation and body bags.
Again I will ask then......you are telling me that Hillary was a poor diplomat? You voted for her anyway?

I asked this earlier when this same point was made. There was no answer. I don't expect you will either.

Old 03-11-2017, 06:07 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post

Tillerson has answered zero questions from anyone in the press. He walks in for photo ops and says nothing. A bit odd, no?

Old 03-11-2017, 06:11 AM

20,105 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Andrea Mitchell is the poster child for the Democrats - 70 years old, out of touch

Old 03-11-2017, 06:23 AM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
So why can't the media join him on his flight to Asia next month, it appears that he will pick one journalist to accompany him. Spicer claimed that he was trying to save money by using a smaller plane is laughable, the Trump administration worried about travel expenses.

We are limited to smiling photo ops with leaders, pretty obvious that he doesn't wan to speak to the press.

Journalists outraged by Tillerson's plan to travel without press - Mar. 10, 2017

Old 03-11-2017, 06:28 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I watched as Andrea Mitchell, a well respected, seasoned journalist .
LOL -- good grief
Andrea Mitchell is not a real journalist as she is highly partisan and only respected by Hillary/Obama Shills and liberal ideologues.
She is a registered democrat who
"During an appearance on MSNBC on June 5, 2008, Mitchell referred to the republican voters of the southwest Virginia region as rednecks.[13][14] On June 9, she apologized on air, saying "I owe an apology to the good people of Bristol, Virginia, for something stupid that I said last week."

Nancy, you really need to expand your limited world view beyond the liberal insulated bubble of highly-partisan and biased "journalists." It will help you to understand why the MSM (liberal partisans) are much less respected and credibile than either Trump or Congress......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies