Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 03:32 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
He gave $150 billion to our enemy, Iran. They are currently using that money to destabilize the MidEast.

He (tried to) give $220 million to Hamas and the PLO on his last day in office. That money would have been used to kill innocent Jews in Israel.

So there's two reasons...
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
But how did that affect you personally?
You don't think all that money could have been put to use at HOME? We are now, what $20 trillion in debt and Obama's giving money away to Iran who by the way is not our friend. Why does the fallout of bad decisions always have to show their ugly face the next day in liberals eyes? Because people on the left don't understand planning for the future?

You don't think your decisions when you were young had an affect on you today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 03:33 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,095,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
So let me ask: Gays and Lesbians can now marry and enjoy the benefits they had been deprived of. Has this caused your suffering?

When Obama took office, the Dow was 6,626. Now it is 19,875. Has this caused your suffering?

We had 82 straight months of private sector job growth – the longest streak in the history of the United States. Has this caused your suffering?

Especially considering where the economy was when he took over, an amazing 11.3 million new jobs were created under President Obama (far more than President Bush). Has this caused your suffering?

Obama has taken Unemployment from 10% down to 4.7%. Has this caused your suffering?

Homelessness among US Veterans has dropped by half. Has this caused your suffering?

Obama shut down the US secret overseas prisons. Has this caused your suffering?

President Obama has created a policy for the families of fallen soldiers to have their travel paid for to be there when remains are flown home. Has this caused your suffering?

We landed a rover on Mars. Has this caused your suffering?

He passed the Matthew Shepard Hate Crimes Prevention Act. Has this caused your suffering?

Uninsured adults has decreased to below 10%: 90% of adults are insured – an increase of 20 Million Adults. Has this caused your suffering?

People are now covered for pre-existing conditions. Has this caused your suffering?

Insurance Premiums increased an average of $4,677 from 2002-2008, an increase of 58% under Bush. The growth of these insurance premiums has gone up $4,145 – a slower rate of increase. Has this caused your suffering?

Obama added Billions of dollars to mental health care for our Veterans. Has this caused your suffering?

Consumer confidence has gone from 37.7 to 98.1 during Obama’s tenure. Has this caused your suffering?

He passed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act. Has this caused your suffering?

His bi-annual Nuclear Summit convinced 16 countries to give up and destroy all their loose nuclear material so it could not be stolen. Has this caused your suffering?

He saved the US Auto industry. American cars sold at the beginning of his term were 10.4M and upon his exit 17.5M. Has this caused your suffering?

The deficit as a percentage of the GDP has gone from 9.8% to 3.2%. Has this caused your suffering?

The deficit itself was cut by $800 Billion Dollars. Has this caused your suffering?

Obama preserved the middle class tax cuts. Has this caused your suffering?

Obama banned solitary confinement for juveniles in federal prisons. Has this caused your suffering?

He signed Credit Card reform so that rates could not be raised without you being notified. Has this caused your suffering?

He outlawed Government contractors from discriminating against LGBT persons. Has this caused your suffering?

He doubled Pell Grants. Has this caused your suffering?

Abortion is down. Has this caused your suffering?

Violent crime is down. Has this caused your suffering?

He overturned the scientific ban on stem cell research. Has this caused your suffering?

He protected Net Neutrality. Has this caused your suffering?

Obamacare has extended the life of the Medicare insurance trust fund (will be solvent until 2030). Has this caused your suffering?

President Obama repealed Don’t Ask Don’t Tell. Has this caused your suffering?

He banned torture. Has this caused your suffering?

He negotiated with Syria to give up its chemical weapons and they were destroyed. Has this caused your suffering?

Solar and Wind Power are at an all time high. Has this caused your suffering?

High School Graduation rates hit 83% – an all time high. Has this caused your suffering?

Corporate profits are up by 144%. Has this caused your suffering?

He normalized relations with Cuba. Has this caused your suffering?

Reliance on foreign oil is at a 40 year low. Has this caused your suffering?

US Exports are up 28%. Has this caused your suffering?

He appointed the most diverse cabinet ever. Has this caused your suffering?

He reduced the number of troops in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Has this caused your suffering?

Yes, he killed Osama Bin Laden and retrieved all the documents in his possession for analysis. Perhaps THIS caused your suffering?
Hey Feltdesigner, you copied and pasted this. How about giving credit to the person who originally wrote it?

Old 03-10-2017, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
LOL, So you're saying "not at all". The debt that this nation racked up when you were a child does not impact your day-to-day life, nor will today's debt impact your children's day-to-day life. The national debt has almost no impact on anyone's life.
Anytime anyone or institution including government has debt it effects the person, institution or the people negatively. Are you so naive to believe otherwise?

Old 03-10-2017, 03:35 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,760,547 times
I lost my job and so did my husband due solely to Obama, not the bad economy. We finally got a job at almost 30% haircut. On top of that we had to get up like 4am to get ready and prepared to go to work. Our health got worse, ourself esteemed became worse. Same with my sister and brother. Both lost their jobs after we did. My brother was with the same company for 25 years. He had to commute down to San Diego and therefore was drinking lots of coffee to stay awake, that raised up his BP and he almost got a heart attack. That's how Obama hurt us, indirectly.
My kid graduated without a job, back in 2012, had to start her own company in order to be employed. That's the job front only. Yet you hear him touting under him economy grew, jobs grew. All BS. And you ask how did it hurt us. They were hellish jobs, we couldn't wait to get out that's how. Almost died on the commute, that's how. And that just our jobs.

Old 03-10-2017, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
How about giving credit to the person who originally wrote this post?
How about the only credit I give is during the Obama administration I chose to hoard money instead of spend because he kept wanting to raise taxes. Now my balance sheet is great. Am I to suppose the poor and working classes balance sheets are great too?

In the Obama era it was better to be low income and high net worth.

Old 03-10-2017, 03:37 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,203,885 times
A flush of food stamps. Groceries coincidently, went up 40%. Biggest leap in the shortest amount of time ever. I didn't ditch my assets (like my neighbor did), so they took my food stamps away. In case you weren't aware, grocery stores have lobbyists in Washington. Connect the dots.

Old 03-10-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinbrookNine View Post
A flush of food stamps. Groceries coincidently, went up 40%. Biggest leap in the shortest amount of time ever. I didn't ditch my assets (like my neighbor did), so they took my food stamps away. In case you weren't aware, grocery stores have lobbyists in Washington. Connect the dots.
Yep, when you see other people getting handouts and subsidies while you work harder and longer people who are working become angry and feel abused. Some people became fed up and played the game. The Obama era encouraged that welfare mentality.

Old 03-10-2017, 03:50 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
long story short.. working 3 part-time jobs as no one wants to pay full-time benefits with 2 degrees already moving back in with a family member who is also struggling to pay monthly bills with health issues. Escalating costs of living. Increased Fascism/ corporate mergers. I've watched small businesses after another go out of business. People losing their jobs.

It has been ROUGH. The stimulus package paid for part-time Government positions that are long gone now as the government expanded it's outreach of power over the people. We're 20 Trillion dollars in debt with a fiat currency being printed into oblivion with a service/consumer-based society. Government borrows from future generations to pay for welfare entitlements.

We have no economic foundation as it's success is tied to our failing fiat currency. Our currency is devaluing. We have artificially low interest rates to keep the bubble blown up. A student loan bubble. A continued housing bubble. bubble, bubble, bubble.

Would you like me to continue? Because I could..

Outsourcing American's wealth to other countries. Outsourcing America's Troops to other countries. United Nations trumps (pun intended) United States.

Children of this country being handed debt, increased costs of living, paying for everyone else's healthcare, living with their mom until they're 30 because the job market is pathetic..

etc etc.. can go all day. There is not even a case for the other side. Just those that have benefited from the status quo bankrupting this nation.

Their opinion means little. Corporate shills and government controlled robots easy to manipulate.

Old 03-10-2017, 03:53 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,211 times
I work in Oil and Gas and that industry suffered the last 2 years under Obama. From the day Trump was elected, massive improvements have been made in the industry and there is a vast difference in capital spending in 2017 vs 2016. Govt regulations and the ACA made long term planning very difficult for multi billion dollar companies.

I was in the Air Force from 2006-2010, cuts in DOD spending basically forced me out.

My Dads construction company was doing very strong until 2010. The ACA and govt regulations basically slashed his profit margins and he sold his company.

Both of my parents lost their insurance despite "if you like your insurance you can keep your insurance".

The new era liberals constantly want to raise taxes in CO for "stuff".

So the reality of Obama was the economy stopped taking on water.

Jobs created werent great jobs

Gays only gained any ground due to Biden mis speaking in an interview

The middle east has fallen apart

Islamic Extremism grew exponentially

The US is not as strong of a super power it once was

working class gained 0 ground

the upper class benefited as usual

Class/racial tensions exploded

and the bottom line is Obama was so unsuccessful his party has massive defeats election after election and Trump looked like a better option than Obama or Hillary....and within 3 weeks Trump has basically done away with the little obama accomplished.

Old 03-10-2017, 03:59 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I am ashamed to be an American right now.
The struggle is real for the Snowflakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies