Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 04:19 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times

Advertisements

I was referring to story I read during the campaign
Document he filed w/the RNC asI recall
Have looked for it after I saw your reply but cant find it
So wo seeing story I cant comment on the FEC disvlosure
Maybe I was mistaken
Was this what he filed prior to campaign vs primaries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 04:36 PM

45,390 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I was referring to story I read during the campaign
Document he filed w/the RNC asI recall
Have looked for it after I saw your reply but cant find it
So wo seeing story I cant comment on the FEC disvlosure
Maybe I was mistaken
Was this what he filed prior to campaign vs primaries?

Final was submitted in May of 2016.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:12 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I don't find it interesting at all because I'm smart enough, and have done enough of them over the years, to know that you kind find out more about a political candidate's financial situation from the disclosure form than you can from a tax return.

I'm excited for you that you're so smart. That truly is a wonderful asset, but have you done any tax returns for someone in Trumps league? Have you done any tax returns for someone who has done business in a foreign country? Or have you done a tax return for someone who owns business interests all over the world? Sorry, I say stop hiding and release those tax returns, not just a partial token one that was "leaked." I find that hard to believe that it was leaked. Sketchy people hide behind lies. Trump said he would release his tax returns after his audit. Well his 2016 tax return isn't being audited. Release it and do what you said you were going to do. Any thing less is just another lie.

Wasn't it Nixon that first released his tax returns to the public because "People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook." Sure did.

I'm just as interested to know why he won't release his tax returns as I am to see what's in them. The fact that he lied about releasing them and used his mouth piece to say that 'The American people don't care about his tax returns." is just as disturbing to me.

You can go back to H&R Block and do your boring tax returns now. I want to see how the bigly live.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:21 PM

45,390 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I'm excited for you that you're so smart. That truly is a wonderful asset, but have you done any tax returns for someone in Trumps league? Have you done any tax returns for someone who has done business in a foreign country? Or have you done a tax return for someone who owns business interests all over the world? Sorry, I say stop hiding and release those tax returns, not just a partial token one that was "leaked." I find that hard to believe that it was leaked. Sketchy people hide behind lies. Trump said he would release his tax returns after his audit. Well his 2016 tax return isn't being audited. Release it and do what you said you were going to do. Any thing less is just another lie.

Wasn't it Nixon that first released his tax returns to the public because "People have got to know whether or not their president is a crook." Sure did.

I'm just as interested to know why he won't release his tax returns as I am to see what's in them. The fact that he lied about releasing them and used his mouth piece to say that 'The American people don't care about his tax returns." is just as disturbing to me.

You can go back to H&R Block and do your boring tax returns now. I want to see how the bigly live.

So you've never looked at an elected official's Financial Disclosure statement to know what's in it? Didn't think so.

The one the State of Maryland requires is now 18 pages long (up from 14) for the short form.

I can guarantee you can discover more about an official's financial situation from that than even a full tax return.

The only reason you guys want a tax return is to pick it apart and score political points ("Look, X only gave 10% to charities instead of 10.1%. What a piece of ****").

It won't list holdings nor will it list mortgages or other loans, although you will get a gross number for interest deductions.

What you all really want, and it's working into it, are the financials for the various Trump businesses.

I remember what y'all did to Romney over his returns (and the Harry Reid lie about them) and how his high charitable contributions were a source of derision.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:30 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Yes, one would expect financial disclosures to be honest and above board too wouldn't you? It still doesn't explain why he won't release his tax returns. What is he hiding? Maybe not as rich as he likes to boast and brag about? Sorry. I still say release them. I think the American people deserve to know exactly who is running our country. He works for us, we don't work for him. Transparency and honesty build trust. Hiding and lies does not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies