Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2017, 07:07 PM

52,247 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
wow, that's a lot of fear mongering you posted. Is that what liberal media is putting out there? Hell, no wonder the left is having daily melt downs.
I agree, those kinds of posts annoy the heck out of me, focusing only on the bad, and I don't know if the stats are correct, but I noticed wasn't balanced out with some kind of positive notes about the goodness of America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2017, 07:16 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,548,055 times
You can be proud of something and love it without thinking that everything should revolve around it. I have pride in my kids when they show humility and generosity and empathy for others. I'd be less proud of them if their guiding principle was "me first".

Old 03-10-2017, 07:29 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
wow, that's a lot of fear mongering you posted. Is that what liberal media is putting out there? Hell, no wonder the left is having daily melt downs.
Fear mongering?

Maybe this is news to you, but it's been the right saying our gubment is a mess!

Statistics are showing that our lifespans have stopped growing and are actually headed down among some populations. Suicide rates are off the charts for many middle aged white women (and some men). People are literally killing themselves with drugs, drinks, food and other dirty habits.

These are facts.

If we are going to compare countries - we do so by using the common measurements of civilization. These include health care, infant mortality, access to clean air, water and food, happiness, housing, infrastructur and other such things.

Melt downs? You are having fantasies. Facts are facts. While the USA is the wealthiest country in the world, it is unable to use that wealth to attain the "general welfare" and "happiness of the people" which said money should buy. This is due to many factors - income inequality being one.

Statistics don't come from the media. But I suppose I'm providing you with TMI.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Shall I remind everyone..... December 7th, 1941.
The day the nation came together.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:43 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Shall I remind everyone..... December 7th, 1941.
The day the nation came together.
That always happens when the country is attacked. Same thing after 9/11. It doesn't last. Everyone goes back to their corners, mired in the same BS.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:49 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
You can be proud of something and love it without thinking that everything should revolve around it. I have pride in my kids when they show humility and generosity and empathy for others. I'd be less proud of them if their guiding principle was "me first".
Are you saying the government shouldn't put American citizens first?

Old 03-10-2017, 07:54 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
I don't really think about it at all. It's not central to my identity as a person. And I find those little flags people stick out of the top of their doors on their SUVs particularly annoying.

Old 03-10-2017, 07:58 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Can you point out anything she said that was factually incorrect?

No?

Then what's the problem? If everything she says is true, how is it "fear mongering?"

You people and your childish, knee-jerk, bumper sticker retorts every time someone says something you wish wasn't true. "Fake news!!" "Fear mongering!"" "Self-loathing!" How about presenting an actual factual counterargument for once?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I don't really think about it at all. It's not central to my identity as a person. And I find those little flags people stick out of the top of their doors on their SUVs particularly annoying.

Same here. It's just a place on a map. A place I live in because it's where I happen to have been born, and yeah, I like it here for the most part. But proud?

Why?

I take pride in things that I do, or my friends and family, or my community... things accomplished by people with whom I have a direct relationship or even some involvement myself. Why would I feel pride in something that I had nothing to do with?

Old 03-10-2017, 07:59 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,548,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Are you saying the government shouldn't put American citizens first?
I think it's a short-sighted philosophy.

Old 03-10-2017, 08:03 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,829,894 times
The leftist globalization mindset says we should put the world first and America second - and, in fact, portrays any effort to put America first or be proud of our country as selfish and narrow-minded. This is why we spend trillions rebuilding other countries; operate with balance-of-trade deficits that can only be viewed as "stupid"; are more concerned about illegal immigrants than those who follow the law or low income Americans who are negatively affected; are more concerned about puppies, trees and melting icebergs than homeless people in our own country; attempt to act as the world's policeman and largely "have the best friends among nations that money can buy"; etc..

America has always (and should be) generous, but, the corrupt, hypocritical left wants to shame America for being prosperous, successful and democratic. We should help others and take a leading role in world progress, but, not at the expense of our own country. This is really what Trump is talking about ... and what the left finds so 'deplorable' and objectionable. As evidenced by their actions and rhetoric since November 8 (and before), the far left hates America and the other half of Americans in this country who voted for Trump. They would rather see Trump AND America fail, than lose their corrupt Washington power base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies