Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 01:06 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,149,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Just like all black people are.
At work, the most racist person I know is a black union shop steward woman. She only looks out for her black "brothers and sisters", and even when they are the worst of workers, she still makes excuses for them.

And the next worst racist group at work are the Hispanics.

But in general it is much less about skin colour and more about culture/lifestyle/language/nationality that causes certain people to cluster together and not fit in with the others.

Lastly, humans will never be colourblind. We will always notice the colour of skin and there will be preferences as to what anyone finds attractive. Even among blacks (in Africa, islands and US) and Indians (India and Pakistan), within their groups and even home countries, they prefer those of lighter skin tones than the darker skinned ones. In Africa, skin-lightening creams are popular, even when they are found to be toxic.

Old 03-12-2017, 01:23 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,560,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That is where research and study comes in. You need the BIG PICTURE.
Well, the BIG PUCTURE doesn't say all people are racist, which is the premise of the thread. If the thread can make a generalized statement like that, I can refute it as it applies to me at least.

Old 03-12-2017, 01:24 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,699,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
At work, the most racist person I know is a black union shop steward woman. She only looks out for her black "brothers and sisters", and even when they are the worst of workers, she still makes excuses for them.

But in general it is much less about skin colour and more about culture/lifestyle/language/nationality that causes certain people to cluster together and not fit in with the others.

Lastly, humans will never be colourblind. We will always notice the colour of skin and there will be preferences as to what anyone finds attractive. Even among blacks (in Africa, islands and US) and Indians (India and Pakistan), within their groups and even home countries, they prefer those of lighter skin tones than the darker skinned ones. In Africa, skin-lightening creams are popular, even when they are found to be toxic.
As long as there is racial imbalance with blacks on the unfavorable side, as collective, its not really racism in seeking to promote blacks to balance. When racial discrimination preserves a racial supremacy...that is when it is a problem.

Old 03-12-2017, 01:31 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
As long as there is racial imbalance with blacks on the unfavorable side, as collective, its not really racism in seeking to promote blacks to balance. When racial discrimination preserves a racial supremacy...that is when it is a problem.

there will always be imbalances in life and it has nothing to do about race but the individual itself.

explain why some blacks are successful and others are not.

Old 03-12-2017, 01:54 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
I grew up in an area that was fairly diverse. As a kid, I was on an AAU-sanctioned city track team and as a sprinter competing at higher levels, was usually among only a couple of other white kids that ever made it into the finals. I became known to everyone (out loud) as the token white girl, which to me seemed mostly annoying... I don't think the intention was really racism. Now if the opposite had've been true and there were white kids making such comments to a black kid... well I have to wonder how that might have played out.

Fast-forward to my working years. A 40-ish yr. old black man was hired to join our design group in the mid 90s. When he was first hired there were probably only a dozen or so black folks working in the entire headquarters building which probably housed 175 people or so. One of my first design jobs out of school had me working for a minority-owned printing company, I was only one of two Caucasians working there so I understood what he was feeling. I liked him, he liked me and we shared fun stories about growing up and got along really well.

Over time, the man became a pastor of a church in NE Denver. As a result of that he began to spend quite a bit of time his employee time writing sermons and doing church business when he should have been working. He also was designing/printing (using company equipment) programs and other leaflets on the company's dime. Our supervisor watched for quite awhile and finally left copies of the company's policies about doing such things on his desk to give him a subtle chance to stop. He didn't and it finally came to verbal blows with the management. He ranted that the whole company was racist and kept doing it; but only while I was there as he trusted me not to turn him in. I figured it would catch up to him eventually.

He lived in an area of Denver known as Montbello, which was an area that attracted like-minded black people back in the day, then it slowly started to become a more popular area for hispanic people. He absolutely hated that the neighborhood changing and would say really awful, racist things about latin people... in no uncertain terms, didn't hold back with me. He did not get the irony at all, even after I pointed it out to him. The last straw was that he decided he wasn't going to do any more assignments for certain people in the company, accusing them of being racist because they had asked him to make small tweaks in design (a very common occurrence) for work assignments he was doing. One person he particularly didn't like and refused to do any work for was Jewish; he would say really anti-Semitic things about the guy. Yet, he didn't hear his own words at all. He was there for over 20 years, was paid good money and still looked at himself as a victim of racism.

He retired at 65, took his entire lump sum retirement payout and bought a house in another state. I have to wonder if, when he runs out of money (if he hasn't already) if that will be because he is still a victim of his race?

Why would you make the assumption that the proceeds from the sale of this man's house were his ONLY financial assets? Were you also his financial advisor? Are you privy to his other sources of income or net worth somehow?

All YOU know is that he sold his house and you assume that it is the ONLY money that he has and that it most likely has run out. Or that he isn't intelligent enough to have known that he would need funds to sustain himself.

THIS subtle, low key racism that "we" talk about.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:09 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,520,923 times
Quote:

Poor, unsuccessful, underemployed Asians are so darn bitter. As an Asian woman you know that Asians LOVE and are well known for their usage of skin whitening creams and eyelid surgery and put forth a GREAT deal of effort to whiten/unAsian their offspring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-YOR2cc8Xk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix4lAlAtScs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wl0qw4ZMG4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwXCq-g-PeI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmuMphCE3yM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX3NCF4OXps

Old 03-12-2017, 02:15 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
Quote:

Look at TV.. the hispanics are all light colored and so are blacks.. they are prejudiced themselves . They talk as if being light is so much better .

Now white people go to the beach to get a really good tan. They use tanning creams , go to tanning salons. They don't want to be white. It is kind of funny if you really think about it.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:15 PM

39,198 posts, read 27,570,476 times
No. My best friends are southern white men, by the way. I get along with white women, hispanic women, Asian women, black women too. Never had an issue with other races.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:17 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,114,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaigonPaisa View Post
This.

Everyone is racist.

If you think Asians are good at math you are racist.

If you think Blacks are more athletic than Whites you are racist.

If you think Latina women are hotter than White women you are racist.
LMFAO!!!!

Redheads > Brunettes!!!!

Old 03-12-2017, 02:28 PM

33,547 posts, read 18,140,185 times
We all have some prejudice. We look at people and rate their looks. Is this prejudice? Have to be fit, trim, smart well spoken, and rich in all races.. the message goes out from ads constantly. Look better, be smarter, make more money, gain power.

What a rat race!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies