Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 01:30 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times

Advertisements

There are lots of threads opened by GOP and Trumpers crying like babies over SNL... I agree with OP, nobody is forcing them to watch it and frankly if they think it is junk, they should start their own show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 01:30 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Who gets upset over SNL? Celebrity idiots acting like fools isn't my thing anymore. I haven't watched it since I was a teenager, but it's not exactly worth getting upset about.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:31 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,822,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Classless and how would the left if SNL picked on the Obama Girls?
They are/were minors; Ivanka is a grown woman with her "own" (Daddy's) business. Who has gone so far as to sit in on normally off-limits diplomatic meetings with him. Try again.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:33 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
It sure isn't hurting SNL, so I doubt they will change course any time soon.

They'll take the double down approach and the threat of 'boycotts' by those 'who never watch it, and haven't watched it in 20 years'.

Saturday Night Live is enjoying its highest ratings in over 20 years · Newswire · The A.V. Club

Old 03-13-2017, 01:35 PM

35,690 posts, read 21,045,148 times
congress loves SNL... they need a mental break- every once in a while with a good laugh

Old 03-13-2017, 01:55 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basilide View Post
I do feel pretty bad for the undue scrutiny Ivanka Trump gets just because Donald Trump is in the spotlight. You don't see comedians targeting the children of other politicians or celebrities. It is so lazy and cheap to target Ivanka for parody.

Has anyone seen Jamie Johnson's "Born Rich"? He interviews her, and it is clear how much of a struggle it would be to develop satisfying principles in the environment she grew up in (this is the subject of the movie for children of billionaires in general).
nope. She signed up for it, she deserves no quarter.

Ivanka has "sat in" on meetings with heads of state. Ivanka has chosen to speak publicly in support of her father. Ivanka has decided to take up a "cause". She is pushing her agenda despite not being elected or appointed to any office. And her husband is deeply involved where nepotism laws prevent her from being .

In fact never before in modern history have we seen this degree of nepotism , sure it happens to some degree with all POTUS families, but Trump has taken it to a new level.

Furthermore , Trump has not setup a blind trust, his family continue to conduct business on his behalf. They are all legit targets except for the minors.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:57 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Ivanka is an adult and they had a gorgeous celebrity play her.

She'll be okay.

Old 03-13-2017, 02:13 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
‘She’s complicit’: Ivanka Trump mocked by Scarlett Johansson on ‘SNL’
It seems some people have traded their sense of humor for political correctness and think skinedness

Old 03-13-2017, 02:16 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHenryHOP View Post

I think if you are offended or don't find it funny it's because on a subconscious level you know Trump is completely unfit to be President so you don't see the humor or get the satire.

He has no excuse for so many things he's said/done and is genuinely an awful person so of course people are not going to admit that he doesn't deserve to be the president and the truth hurts them too much to laugh about it.
I personally love the political humor. I can't think of one portrayal that bothered me. It's just there to make you laugh. To me political humor is one of the best kinds because whether you support the candidate or not, it's nice to laugh about something that isn't generally entertaining.

Old 03-13-2017, 02:21 PM

5 posts, read 6,229 times
It's comedy, don't get so upset snowflakes. Lol. They wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't successful. SNL ratings are through the roof. They're just giving the viewers what they want to see. It's a business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies