Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 02:12 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,645 times

Advertisements

I don't join "parties" fools and sheep do.

I have my own specific set of guides and those drive my decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 02:19 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,928,486 times
I tend to judge each candidate on the merits, although I find it's usually a "lesser of two evils" situation. McCain ? Really ? Anyway, I usually vote Republican because the Democrats seem to care more about illegal immigrants, refugees and criminals than they do about me. I live in California, I KNOW what Democrats have done to this place.

Old 03-13-2017, 04:32 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
I tend to judge each candidate on the merits, although I find it's usually a "lesser of two evils" situation. McCain ? Really ? Anyway, I usually vote Republican because the Democrats seem to care more about illegal immigrants, refugees and criminals than they do about me. I live in California, I KNOW what Democrats have done to this place.
California has the 6th-largest economy in the world and plays a major role in supporting the entire United States. They have the best health plan and despite some storms and earthquakes, have the nation's 2nd-best climate and ease of living. You are ungrateful for the blessings you receive there and don't have a clue about how good you have it.

Old 03-13-2017, 04:39 PM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,742 times
The crimes of Watergate put me on my path. The preference of my country over Russia keeps me there.

Old 03-13-2017, 04:48 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,766,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
The question is why did you choose your political party and do you REALLY know what the other side believes or do you just go off FOX FALSE NEWS and CNN Not Real NEWS?
I don't have a political party but I tend to vote mostly Democratic, but I dislike identifying with any party as I like to think I make a choice based on issues rather than party. I read the NYT, Fox, CNN, and yes, Breitbart. I believe there are two sides to every story and try to find those sides. Sometimes I argue with my liberal friends by taking a right wing position.

Edit: I thought Bill Clinton, and George Sr, were good middle-of-the-road politicians.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:03 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Republican/Con
Plenty of Republicans aren't conservative, and plenty of conservatives aren't Republicans.

Quote:
do you REALLY know what the other side believes or do you just go off FOX FALSE NEWS and CNN Not Real NEWS?
Plenty of people have members of both major parties, and other parties + unaffiliated, within their own families.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:04 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,812,184 times
Quote:
So a few days ago I got to talking to a guy in my office who happened to be a Republican/Con about politics. Unlike the discussions on this forum, we actually talked about where each side REALLY stands on issues rather than just attacking Obama, Trump, Hillary in a repetitive way like most people on this forum.

Anyway, what I discovered in our conversation is that his beliefs about what Liberals really believe was mostly false or exaggerated. I also found out that we actually agree on issues I would not of expected.

The question is why did you choose your political party and do you REALLY know what the other side believes or do you just go off FOX FALSE NEWS and CNN Not Real NEWS?
I am not a member of any political party, I vote for the person and policies, not the party. There is always things I agree and disagree with, and like and dislike and the politician. Depending on the subject, I will voice my support or not.

This is why I hate these labels that get tossed around, as if because I agree with one thing Trump does, all of suddenly I am a radical right wing Republican, or if I agreed with one thing Obama did, all of a sudden I am a radical left wing Democrat.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:04 PM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
As an educated and successful professional white male who works for a living, the Democrat Party is only interested in me to the extent that it can call me names, make me the enemy and tax me to fund their wealth redistribution schemes. It certainly isn't interested in my vote, so I won't give it to them.
As an educated and successful professional white female who works for a living, the Democrat Party is only interested in me to the extent that it wants to continually inform me that I am a victim of people such as yourself ^^^ and your white, male, misogynistic bla bla bla BS.

What was important to me in this election? Illegal immigration, border security, refugee intake, support for law enforcement, simplifying the tax code, establishing policies that supported small business start-ups and expansion, rebuilding the military, and disenfranchising SJW radicals.

Agree with the rest of your post as well re: redistribution of wealth and all the other buzz words and phrases that have come to the forefront over the past few years from micro aggressions to white privilege. Tiresome. Tedious. Just leave me alone because all you morons with your made up words give me a headache.

Not a Hillary supporter. Or a Bernie supporter. And crazy nut-jobs like Nancy and Elizabeth and Chuck - well.......they're just Seinfeld-TV-show-versions of real politicians.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't have a political party. I'm a Marxist and followed Groucho's sage advice of not caring to belong to any club that would have me as a member.
LOL .

Old 03-13-2017, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
California has the 6th-largest economy in the world and plays a major role in supporting the entire United States. They have the best health plan and despite some storms and earthquakes, have the nation's 2nd-best climate and ease of living. You are ungrateful for the blessings you receive there and don't have a clue about how good you have it.
Have you ever lived in California ?

Edit: Nevermind. I noticed where you live, and with your attitude, my next point would fall on deaf ears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies