Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 09:31 AM

72 posts, read 73,632 times

Advertisements

I enjoy watching the train wreak they call the 24 Hour News cycle on CNN, MSNBC and FOXNEWS. Being retired I have lots of time on my hands so I can flip between these stations and watch the anchors and pundits mix it up. Most of the reporting is incredibly biased. CNN and MSNBC is incredibly biased on the left and FOXNEWS on the right.

I want to reach across the screen and strangle the pundits. They live in their own reality not connected to the real world. I wonder if they really believe what they are saying?

But my biggest beef with news on television is the belief that so called experts are going to be right. Each so called expert is right as often as the Groundhog looking for his shadow on Ground Hog Day.

Political Pundits trying telling us who is going to win the election

Business Pundits telling us what the stock market is going to do

Economic Pundits telling us what the economy is going to do in the next few years

Weather Pundits telling us what the weather is going to be next week

90% of the time these pundits are wrong- wrong- wrong! Why do they keep putting them on?

(Why do I watch these channels? It's interesting!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 09:35 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
They have to fill 24 hours, and each station wants to be first, doesn't matter if the story is real or not. It's about ratings, which equals advertising revenue.

Old 03-13-2017, 09:44 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
CNN doesn't have that many pundits that I know of. They used to have Glenn Beck and Lou Dobbs, but both moved to FOX. FOX has nothing but pundits during the prime time, which is why it is not a true news outlet, but rather a political opinion outlet. CNN tries to stick to news, but there are only so much going on each day, so they repeat stuff, and invite commentators to create political discussions between people from right and left.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:02 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,554,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by want to learn View Post
I enjoy watching the train wreak they call the 24 Hour News cycle on CNN, MSNBC and FOXNEWS. Being retired I have lots of time on my hands so I can flip between these stations and watch the anchors and pundits mix it up. Most of the reporting is incredibly biased. CNN and MSNBC is incredibly biased on the left and FOXNEWS on the right.

I want to reach across the screen and strangle the pundits. They live in their own reality not connected to the real world. I wonder if they really believe what they are saying?

But my biggest beef with news on television is the belief that so called experts are going to be right. Each so called expert is right as often as the Groundhog looking for his shadow on Ground Hog Day.

Political Pundits trying telling us who is going to win the election

Business Pundits telling us what the stock market is going to do

Economic Pundits telling us what the economy is going to do in the next few years

Weather Pundits telling us what the weather is going to be next week

90% of the time these pundits are wrong- wrong- wrong! Why do they keep putting them on?

(Why do I watch these channels? It's interesting!)
I agree that both have their biases towards the major political views. I watch both and weigh which ones make more sense, look at other news sources from around the world, and try to get the best picture as possible.

If an individual makes a comment that Fox is so biased, he or she is simply saying, "they have a political agenda I do not like so I am going to say they are not real news" and the same goes for those that label CNN or other right leaning news sources.

To find out if you truly try to be fair, try this. When you listen to a channel and you closely looking to contradict what they are saying, then you have a close mind. If you truly listen and they use some critical thinking and do some analysis, then you are most likely open minded.

I am retired and I also spend a lot of time watching different channels and I can see the biases on all sources. However, I don't let it get to me because they are no different from any of us. When I read threads in these forums I can see the comments of people that claim to be fair and yet are labeling anything that goes against their views as wrong, stupid, biased, closed minded, etc. when in reality it is how they are also.
If you get emotional when you see the news sources, then your mind will most like close too.

You have a great day.
elamigo

Old 03-13-2017, 10:17 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,533 times
I no longer watch any of these overpaid, corrupt media channels. I socialize with people & post on forums like these to get opinions of people who are like me. None of those experts on tv can come close to understanding my issues. Same reason i stopped watching SNL or any award shows. Media & celebrities are against an average, middle class American citizen. They are for the rich snobs or outsiders who want to break into our country & create chaos.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:19 AM

72 posts, read 73,632 times
Have you seen an expert on any of those channels who are good at telling the viewers what is going to happen in the future?

Old 03-13-2017, 10:25 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
There are a few FAUX folks that are so BITTER- "The 5" out and one guy who spun off- on Sundays-- brrr- make your skin crawl--but after listening to some of the women on One-America-- they must suck on radishes or bitter orange before go on... not much what they say- but what they portray- I do not like Van Jones on the messy truth- either-

keep it impersonal news and facts please - let me have all the emotions

Old 03-13-2017, 10:26 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
I watch all the news channels! I have a brain, I don't let the news media form opinions for me!

Old 03-13-2017, 10:27 AM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times
If there's one thing I learned about analysts is that they don't get paid to be right, rather promote an agenda.

Old 03-13-2017, 10:28 AM

626 posts, read 381,171 times
Don't really watch CNN or MSNBC unless I want to know what the other side is up to.

The only people I watch on Fox are Tucker Carlson and Hannity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies