Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 07:38 AM

416 posts, read 253,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why don't you visit the country as opposed to buying into, and re-posting someone else's propaganda.
I have been to Stockholm.

It's easy to tell that Stockholm is currently something like 50% non-Swede, since Swedes have a very specific look, even the European immigrants there stand out as a sore thumb.

I was there in October of 2015, it could be worse now, but then there was a lot of middle-eastern people begging on the streets. I assumed they were Syrian refugees, but I have no idea.

I will personally say something now very controversial, I don't like all these immigrants coming and inundating European countries. These countries are the natural home of the certain ethnicities that will transform into something else due to this immigration.

Here in Miami Beach, I scuba dive and fish a lot. We are instructed to kill lion fish because they're an invasive species from the Indian Ocean and are thriving at the expense of the local fish and changing the ecosystem.

Maybe it's just me, but when I go to Stockholm, I expect to see mostly Swedes and their culture.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:43 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Can any of the City-Data Kumbaya luvvies give some contemporary examples of where and how that's occurred? What about over the past... oh... 700 years? We've already seen how these communities ghetto-ize, self-segregate (it's what happens when huge percentages of the population literally forbid your daughters from out-marrying) and deliberately target native citizens for crime. (Rape gangs across Britain, anyone?)

These things are rarely happening in the USA. We tend to have smarter immigration policies than the Europeans and our economy is more vibrant thanks to less burdens placed on employers.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-14-2017 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: flaming

Old 03-14-2017, 07:44 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,271,829 times
My only concern is if at the end of all this we'd still have the Swedish Bikini Team.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:52 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,399,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
These things are rarely happening in the USA. We tend to have smarter immigration policies than the Europeans and our economy is more vibrant thanks to less burdens placed on employers.

Our population is much, much smaller. Something like 1% compared to 10% + in some European countries. We are also much more selective so we have - up until recently - often received the educated doctors, engineers, etc.

As the population and influence grows, so do the troubles.

In Britain, I think the population is somewhere between 3-5% and the sheer amount of energy and time dealing with "Muslim issues" is asinine. It's like a never-ending row over racism, Islamaphobia, rape gangs, so-and-so-Cleric trying to Islamsplain everything on TV, etc.

When demographics flip entirely --- like in Lebanon --- the open culture that typifies European values erodes. Beirut was once "the Paris of the Middle East." Now it's "the Middle East of the Middle East."

What's most troubling as well is that we aren't talking about the watered down Islam that was actually quite prevalent in mid-20th century. Even people from Eastern Euro countries that have had significant Muslim populations dating back from several invasions in the past will tell you that they are seeing MORE conservative mosques and Imams taking root in Europe, MORE burkas and hijabs where before nobody would wear them.

So the religion itself is not only spreading, but a CONSERVATIVE strain of it is growing. The more hijabs in the streets, the less freedom in the sheets. Bank on it. Mark these words for posterity.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-14-2017 at 10:18 AM..

Old 03-14-2017, 08:00 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,007 times
I have no idea why homogeneous societies want to become "multicultural". It just doesn't work, it's plainly obvious that developed homogeneous societies are far more stable in a social sense. How much racial tension do you see in places like Japan, Iceland, South Korea, etc? It's almost a non-issue, whereas here it's in the news every single day, it dominates our lives, and it's simply tiring. And those countries certainly don't spend as much as we do in order to protect from internal terrorist threats.

If I was Japanese and I saw all the racial and ethnic tension in the US and Europe, I'd be struggling to see why mass immigration is an attractive policy, I'd be glad not to have the same problems as the west. It's even worse in Europe because we're bringing it on ourselves with naive polices.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:02 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,923,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
So the religion itself is not only spreading, but a CONSERVATIVE strain of it is growing. The more hijabs in the streets, the less freedom in the sheets. Bank on it. Mark these words for posterity.
The left and Islam really are strange bedfellows. Why are left wingers teaming up with people who follow an incredibly conservative ideology? Islam clearly sees liberals as useful idiots.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:07 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
My husband spent a good part of his childhood in Molenbeek (Brussels) Belgium. It was once a lovely working-class neighborhood of Flemish people. Safe streets, clean, good neighbors.

Anyone been to Molenbeek lately? It's a grande example of what happens when Muslim refugees move in. Unsafe, filthy, and rapidly decaying. Once a neighborhood of hard-working families, now a jihadi hotbed of crime.

Sweden? Taking that same catastrophic path, unfortunately. Hopefully it's not too late for the United States to say "no thanks".

Old 03-14-2017, 08:08 AM

416 posts, read 253,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razza94 View Post
If I was Japanese and I saw all the racial and ethnic tension in the US and Europe, I'd be struggling to see why mass immigration is an attraction policy, I'd be glad not to have the same problems as the west. It's even worse in Europe because we're bringing it on ourselves with naive polices.
The Japanese will stick to being a homogenous country. It's rare to see foreigners in Tokyo, and when you do 90% of the time they're tourists or on business. And this is Japan's largest city, and one of the world's premiere cities. If Tokyo was in the USA, or any Western European country it would be composed of at least 50% immigrants.

In Japan, it's still fairly common to see "No Foreigners allowed" signs on onsen. To them it's perfectly natural to seek a space of their own people. And why not?

Old 03-14-2017, 08:14 AM

2,924 posts, read 1,587,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
These things are rarely happening in the USA. We tend to have smarter immigration policies than the Euro-idiots and our economy is more vibrant thanks to less burdens placed on employers.

Europe sucks.

WRONG. They're trying the same thing here and in Canada. Unfortunately for the globalists, Hillary lost and it doesn't look like Trump is going to continue their policies.

Old 03-14-2017, 08:16 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,459,596 times
Criticism of Sweden by Trump is the real weird issue. That is not how friendly countries relate to each other.
Sweden is a sovereign country that can choose their domestic policies (which aren't Trump business). I don't recall leaders of any country publicly criticizing another, just to prove a point! Beyond being rude, its absolutely not Trump's business. (That was the norm during the Cold War between US and the Soviet Union). But Sweden is not the evil empire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies