Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 07:23 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,924,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, I look forward to it. If you can't beat them join them.

In the mean time, instead of reinvesting in my company which would have led to hiring more people, I've opted for cruise mode. Why would I risk my money only to have redistributionist take it. Thats a simplified version of course but you get the idea. Do you think I'm the only one who is saying this?

There's that little thing called incentive and Democrats have taken the drive away for many.
If a person refuses to reinvest in their company and make a higher profit because some of that profit will go to support disabled children, then that "small business owner" is a muppet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2017, 07:23 PM

41,111 posts, read 25,645,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
Yea we tried this deregulation, race to the bottom nonsense under Bush Jr for 8 years and it didn't work out too well for the American workers. But.... maybe this time will be different for some reason.

I don't think Trump told the rust belt that manufacturing is now in the South.
Those rust belt jobs are long gone and they know it. People in the rust belt area's got an education and moved on. There are some left but it's not really that they expect these jobs to come back. It's understanding that Democrats don't have their backs on many issues. The rust belt population are moderates unless you're in the cities like wanna be New Yorkers in Phili.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:25 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,924,224 times
Quote:
Those rust belt jobs are long gone and they know it. People in the rust belt area's get educated and move on. There are some left but it's not really that they expect these jobs to come back. It's understanding that Democrats don't have their backs on many issues.
Nope, the budget for the military industrial complex will increase alot while re-training programs and education for Joe Sixpack and people hurt by anti-worker trade deals will not. Why would the billionaire class support such ideas? If you vote for the billionaire class, you get the preferred policies of the billionaire class. And Joe Sixpack is not part of that equation.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:25 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,216,747 times
Quote:
But you ignore the process of building of wealth. The rich already have their money. While those of us who are busting our asses and trying to build wealth to live on in our elderly years are screwed.

Did you ever take a moment to think about why it's so hard for the every day American to build wealth. It's because people who are on their way are constantly taken to the cleaners to fund redistributionist. The rich don't depend on income to build wealth, they already have their money. So you can tax income to whatever, the rich get around it, while every day people get screwed.

The fact that you don't understand this basic concept says a lot.
What? We've not been discussing wealth vs income. You have no basis for assuming I don't understand this.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:28 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,557,196 times
Quote:
I was not born wealthy and I busted my ass to build that. So you can take that part of your argument and put it where the sun don't shine.

Some kids don't take HS serious and we want to keep paying for more of it? What a waste.
Have you ever listened to the "you didn't build that" speech in its entirety? Did you benefit from public education, do you benefit from public streets and highways, or police and fire departments? That was the whole point: these public, shared institutions foster an environment in which people can succeed.

BTW, it's "seriously." Perhaps you didn't benefit from education as much as I had hoped.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
If a person refuses to reinvest in their company and make a higher profit because some of that profit will go to support disabled children, then that "small business owner" is a muppet.
Why don't you start a business and make higher profits so you can pay?

We are only on this earth for but a short time. Since my time is less valuable the more I make, I've opted to enjoy the time I have with family and friends instead. Who knows, I, my family members or friends could be gone tomorrow. And there is not a damn thing wrong it.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:30 PM

1,896 posts, read 807,560 times
Quote:
But you ignore the process of building of wealth. The rich already have their money. While those of us who are busting our asses and trying to build wealth to live on in our elderly years are screwed.

Did you ever take a moment to think about why it's so hard for the every day American to build wealth. It's because people who are on their way are constantly taken to the cleaners to fund redistributionist. The rich don't depend on income to build wealth, they already have their money. So you can tax income to whatever, the rich get around it, while every day people get screwed.

The fact that you don't understand this basic concept says a lot.
It's actually pretty easy when you make smart decisions.

There are other ways to tax the wealthy who don't rely on income, but they would never pass.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Have you ever listened to the "you didn't build that" speech in its entirety? Did you benefit from public education, do you benefit from public streets and highways, or police and fire departments? That was the whole point: these public, shared institutions foster an environment in which people can succeed.

BTW, it's "seriously." Perhaps you didn't benefit from education as much as I had hoped.
Ba ha ha ha ... get out the violins.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:32 PM

1,896 posts, read 807,560 times
Quote:
Those rust belt jobs are long gone and they know it. People in the rust belt area's got an education and moved on. There are some left but it's not really that they expect these jobs to come back. It's understanding that Democrats don't have their backs on many issues. The rust belt population are moderates unless you're in the cities like wanna be New Yorkers in Phili.
They are long gone to the South where workers are paid less. Democrats are the ones proposing training and new skills while Republicans are proposing the same supply side policies that only increase automation and outsourcing.

Old 03-13-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
It's actually pretty easy when you make smart decisions.

There are other ways to tax the wealthy who don't rely on income, but they would never pass.
Then why bring it up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies