Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 11:36 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Did they get their idea from the movie "Legally Blonde"? Because it sure sounds like that scene in the classroom where they were discussing "child care payments" from a literal sperm donor.

Yes, the movie is dumb. So is this idea.

And I was all prepared to talk about a lunatic Republican, only to discover:

and she's claiming it's

Since when have Dems cared about that?
Apparently it went right over your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 11:37 AM

1,478 posts, read 788,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
What makes you think the issue is a scientific one?

I grow tired of people holding science hostage. Liberals are worse in this regard frankly, but it happens all the time. But science doesn't guide politics, nor are most of these pro-science people really all that scientific.
I was just responding to burdell's claim. I see scrolling quickly back through that the game of semantics will be played.

The Roe vs Wade ruling was based on privacy rights and the leading judge gave his statements as to why abortion must become legal. Basically, his views were based on a respect for capitalist competition in which employers demand the most out of the lives of their employees, above and beyond their spouses and children, and that he fundamentally viewed the reproductive design (in which the female sex gets impregnated and not the male) formed through the evolutionary process as unfair.

That's Roe vs Wade summed up. You are right it had little to nothing to do with science.

Actually, the Justices were cognizant that the US Constitution protects all human right to life. Unless another human is threatening the life of another or threatening them with severe bodily harm. Then you can legally deprive another human of their life.

So, what the Justices did, as they are lawyers, and lawyers are shysters for good or ill, they claimed to be too ignorant of science to know when billohocal, genetic, human life begins. They claimed that still remained a mystery. And therefore, in essence, their ruling on the side of legalizing abortion had to be grounded in ignoring science.

The issue if personhood is a philosophical inquiry and debate. But in terms of developing life, and what type of life that is genetically, we already know when human life begins biologically, genetically, and we have decoded the human genome. So, none of this remains a mystery. The only thing that can be disputed is what constitutes personhood. But given the US Supreme Court being the lawyer shysters they are, have decades ago ruled that corporations are legal persons and enjoy the civil rights protection as black people or any individual human being, the pro-abortion fanatics and lawyer shysters are going to have a tough time being persuasive in their philosophical arguments that General Electric is a person, so is Obama, but any unborn child of his is not a person, even when carrying half his DNA.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:38 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,781,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
And here I thought that Texas was one of our last sane states.
We're borderline sane:

Our men are dumb as rocks....but we're excellent sharpshooters and even better football players.

Our women are pretty much all insane....but they're tough as nails, beautiful and have nice hair.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:44 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
You completely ignored my question...

You are welcome to call him whatever you want, but that wouldn't make him a "blastocyst", which is a specific embryonic developmental stage.

No, you can't kill him because he's clearly a person. Is an early stage embryo a person, though? That was my question.
If you'd seen his face you might think differently but that's neither here nor there. You don't need any of this blastocyst nonsense to justify abortion. It's much simpler than that. Any nation that can wage war and execute criminals can authorize its citizens to kill their unborn. Under certain economic systems it is even a necessity.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:46 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,752,340 times
I am beginning to think we should have kept women barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.

Old 03-14-2017, 11:50 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Try to enforce that!. Does the same apply to woman masturbating?

Old 03-14-2017, 12:13 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
I am beginning to think we should have kept women barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen.
Yeah, thats kind of what said female legislator is fighting against. Male conservative legislators drafting bills and enacting ridiculous laws in an attempt to put women back in the kitchen pregnant and barefoot. Thus fighting stupidity (ridiculous abortion restrictions) with satire (all sperm are sacred).

Old 03-14-2017, 12:15 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Try to enforce that!. Does the same apply to woman masturbating?
Its not meant to be enforced.
Women do not expel their reproductive material (potential life) when masturbating?

Old 03-14-2017, 12:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
I'd normally relish the opportunity to bash Texans, but this fruit is hanging way too low for a even myself. LMAO

Besides, why do it when other Texans provide so many other opportunities practically every day?

Old 03-14-2017, 12:27 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
As long as it's a hot female cop writing the fine, I'm good with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies