Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 08:18 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordwillin02 View Post
That GUY (looks like one at least) Rachel Maddow should never be considered reputable again.
Talk about not reading it before it's released. OOPS. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 08:28 PM

26,490 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Talk about not reading it before it's released. OOPS. LOL
She has a history of not reading or thinking critically about stuff before spewing slanted BS.

Idiot Maddow Reports Palin Invasion Spoof as Fact (Video)

Old 03-15-2017, 10:15 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,506,675 times
She is going to be on Jimmy fallon tonight, probably there were going to celebrate her great find of Trump paying no taxes. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I just turned it off. He is getting too political.

Old 03-15-2017, 10:20 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
They needed a Grand Slam with 2 outs and got K'ed looking!

LOL!
Maybe next year.

Old 03-16-2017, 04:19 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
There are far, far, far more important things than 12 year old tax returns.

Maddow and MSNBC read the returns and knew what they said. They had lawyers pour over them and discuss what they meant.

There was nothing there but she still went with it. I've asked this a couple times now. Why?

Was staining her reputation worth a one night bump? Why?

Old 03-16-2017, 04:29 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Maddow put Trump’s finances right back in the national conversation.

Her ratings beat Fox News in the last ratings sweeps.

I suspect that viewers will continue tuning in to keep up with what's going on now and how it all connects.

Old 03-16-2017, 05:56 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So who do you have besides an ex lawyer named Kimberly, maybe another Fox Commenter named Napolitano. I know you can't tell me why Trump was quiet on his tax return that was released in October so please make my day and report me.

I will anxiously await his lawsuit this time around.
You said, "a few lawyers" who are they?

"I know" I don't think you know near as much as you think you do.

"I know you can't tell me why Trump was quiet on his tax return that was released in October so please make my day and report me.'

He is quiet BECAUSE he is ALLOWED TO BE UNDER THE LAW.

There is NO law, rule, requirement or ANYTHING that SAYS A CANDIDATE has TO PROVIDE HIS TAX RETURNS.

Just because you want him to doesn't mean shnick to him or most people who voted for him.

Get used to it. Quit whining like little baby, you are NOT going to get your way.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Depreciation, losses, and certain expenses are already factored into the supporting schedules that feed into the 1040. He could have theoretically claimed depreciation costs on a million ballpoint pens in one of them.

That's the joy of a summary. It's just a total.

The left has claimed that he used a loophole in the tax code to carryforward $916 million in losses to reduce his taxable income for future years. A loophole that was actually closed the year after he did it. These are facts.

The NYT article even says that if his future profits/income stayed under a certain amount, that carryforward could have reduced his taxable income to $0 for subsequent years. We can see on this very return that his accountants used $100 million to offset $150 million. He reduced his standard taxable income by 2/3rd. These are facts.

Trump himself has made claims to doing what he can to reduce his tax bill. It's a fact and nobody can really blame him for it. Pretty much every American does what they can to reduce their tax bill and/or get back as much as possible.

Seriously, who doesn't try to lower their tax bill as much as possible?

Different tax brackets on a progressive tax system. That's literally how it works.

If Sanders or Obama was claiming $150+million in income, they'd be paying 25% as well.

I only remember my 2016 amounts off the top of my head, but it rounds out to 16%

You?

I don't doubt it. Doesn't put him above scrutiny.
"The left has claimed that he used a loophole"

There is NO such ting as "loophole".

They are ALL Legitimate laws and regulations within the tax code.

It is NO different then taking a mortgage deduction or a child deduction.

MOST of the tax laws were written by the dems anyway when they held the House for 40 STRAIGHT YEARS.

"if" "If a frog had wings he wouldn't but his but"

You paid 16% Trump paid 25%, so where is the beef?

How many people complaining about Trump's numbers pay 25%?

Not Obama, not Sanders.

libs are all talk and no action.

With the tax lawyers he can afford, I'd bet he could have reduces his 5 a great deal if he wanted to.

Old 03-16-2017, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And I'm SURE the IRS has looked at all of it multiple times, especially after he announced for President.
He has said that he has been audited by the IRS just about every year.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:00 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
He has said that he has been audited by the IRS just about every year.
I'd like to hear the tax outrage about corporations that "don't pay taxes" be as loud as they are against Trump. What many seem to miss or ignore is that's what we're talking about, CORPORATIONS. The difference is the Trump Corporation is privately held and other big ones are publicly held.
Let's take IBM for example. They're famous for NOT paying their taxes by disputing them, sometimes for years and years. Teams of tax lawyers that do nothing but argue with the IRS to chip away what they owe by any (legal) means available. I'm sure Apple,GE, and all the automakers do the same thing.

Where's the outrage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies