Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 07:13 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,637,708 times

Advertisements

Wow...I can't believe she said this...

She realizes the "fake news" Trump was talking about was about HOW they got the tax returns, not the returns themselves?

(I wish they had a "digging a deeper hole" emoji)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 07:18 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,658,151 times
These posts reveal an unhealthy obsession with the tax returns of someone that is disliked. If it were anyone on the left they would be given a nod, an excuse and a pass with "nothing to see here, folks....move on."

In my opinion, it also might suggest that many of these people have looked for ways to avoid paying their own taxes (legally, of course) and were happy to find a legal loophole.

But here's someone who makes more money than they do, which causes envy to kick in, and all of a sudden there's something wrong with not paying more than one's share in taxes.

Rachel, bless her heart, may like to think more of herself than she ought, so made a big deal of the couple pages of an old tax return in her hands. She also made a big deal of not knowing where these pages came from, just to make sure that she's not seen as involved in any way in anything nefarious in the process of obtaining these forms.

When all is said and done, when she finished waving her arms and hyperventilating, it was much ado about nothing. There really IS nothing here.

She sure knows how to whip up her followers, though.

Old 03-16-2017, 07:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,932,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
These posts reveal an unhealthy obsession with the tax returns of someone that is disliked. If it were anyone on the left they would be given a nod, an excuse and a pass with "nothing to see here, folks....move on."

In my opinion, it also might suggest that many of these people have looked for ways to avoid paying their own taxes (legally, of course) and were happy to find a legal loophole.

But here's someone who makes more money than they do, which causes envy to kick in, and all of a sudden there's something wrong with not paying more than one's share in taxes.

Rachel, bless her heart, may like to think more of herself than she ought, so made a big deal of the couple pages of an old tax return in her hands. She also made a big deal of not knowing where these pages came from, just to make sure that she's not seen as involved in any way in anything nefarious in the process of obtaining these forms.

When all is said and done, when she finished waving her arms and hyperventilating, it was much ado about nothing. There really IS nothing here.

She sure knows how to whip up her followers, though
Kind of like a tent revival, I wonder when she'll bring out the snakes?

Old 03-16-2017, 08:34 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,658,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
LOL

[the 'snakes' precede her in the programming schedule]

Old 03-16-2017, 08:36 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,040,844 times
Quote:
At least then she could get me to watch.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:27 AM

5,037 posts, read 2,249,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Think about it.

Income and liabilities, depreciation, losses, and other items need back up paperwork (otherwise known as proof) or the IRS will question you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
Which is why most people whose income values exceed max value limitations for eFile will often get audited every year to every couple of years. Trump being audited by the IRS on the constant is a non-issue because the return cannot be processed through their automated system that has a fairly decent amount of business rules to catch certain problems and flag irregular values.

We can see that he paid 25% of the positive income claimed from the summation of his varying income schedules, but without any sort of indication of what was on those supporting schedules, the information provided is relatively meaningless.

The president is not required to publicly release their tax returns.
Just like the president is not required to publicly release their birth certificate.

So it's just amusing to see that partisan politics hasn't changed very much in the last 8 years.

Those who didn't support Obama raised hell to see his birth certificate, then proceeded to scrutinize every detail to try and find any minute discrepancy or evidence of wrong-doing. Those who supported Obama said that it was a non-issue and mocked the "Birther Movement".

Those who don't support Trump are raising hell to see his entire tax return. If they ever get the whole document, it'll be scrutinized to try and find any minute discrepancy or evidence of wrong-doing. Those who support Trump are saying it's a non-issue and mocking the "TaxReturner Movement".

Same partisan reactions. Different political parties.
Question for you.... On my schedules, there's limited information. Although I have to keep documents and receipts to back up the numbers, there's not really anything noteworthy in the actual papers that I file. For example, my tax return isn't going to show which vendors I purchased supplies from, only the totals I spent. Would Trump's returns be any different, even if all the various schedules were provided?

Old 03-16-2017, 09:51 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,898,439 times
The fact that So-called President pretended his intention was to share his tax returns (stated multiple times on campaign trail) & then, when elected, had his 'handler' inform the American people that he has no intention of doing so demonstrates he was & is ...

... unwilling to do the bare minimum.

He was unwilling to do the bare minimum as a Presidential candidate.

Why should the American people expect him to even do the bare minimum as President?

& why is he still on the campaign trail? It might be helpful if he made even a half-hearted attempt to do the job.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:29 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,426,527 times
I'm not going to waste my energy on them if they're from 2005.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:48 AM

58,720 posts, read 27,056,325 times
Quote:
I'd like to hear the tax outrage about corporations that "don't pay taxes" be as loud as they are against Trump. What many seem to miss or ignore is that's what we're talking about, CORPORATIONS. The difference is the Trump Corporation is privately held and other big ones are publicly held.
Let's take IBM for example. They're famous for NOT paying their taxes by disputing them, sometimes for years and years. Teams of tax lawyers that do nothing but argue with the IRS to chip away what they owe by any (legal) means available. I'm sure Apple,GE, and all the automakers do the same thing.

Where's the outrage?
"I'd like to hear the tax outrage about corporations that "don't pay taxes"'

Show me 1 corporation that doesn't pay ANY TAXES.

Why should we show "fake' outrage?

I guess you like all the snowflakes with their "supposed" outrage.

Old 03-16-2017, 10:53 AM

58,720 posts, read 27,056,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

She sure knows how to whip up her followers, though.
We have the usual dem hypocrites who screamed about how "rich" Romney was and how "rich" Trump is but, NARY a word about how "rich" Hillary is, or Pelosi or Feinstein and the other dems in congress.

They NEVER made a big deal about Kerry or Edwards, etc.

I wonder why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies