Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 09:23 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Did you grow up in war torn Europe? Was your father a POW?

Sure glad the world does not judge me by what stupid thing that I did at 14.
A thing you did when you were 14 and your life was in mortal peril.

Not to mention, the "turning in neighbors" thing is dubious. Like many Jewish children, he was given the job of handing out papers to neighbors. His father had him warn the neighbors that meant they were to be deported. He spent a year living with a fascist party member who was sent to inventory Jews' houses, but that man himself had a Jewish wife in hiding. Many during that horrible time period, and ESPECIALLY children, had to do horrible things to get by. I'd like to see any one of the people citing his experience as a 14 year old with a target on his back do better. He's been cited in many interviews as saying that experience is what fuels his philanthropy, particularly his dedication to refugees.

While he certainly didn't come from nothing, his family lost their fortune in the war. After WWII, he immigrated to the UK and worked his way up from virtually nothing - only landing a job in finance because he wrote a letter to every major bank in the UK begging for an interview, with very few replies. Don't we embrace people like this? Guess not if they're liberal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 09:26 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
[quote=PullMyFinger;47514229]
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

But it still made him who he is. He's been profiting off the misery of others for 70 years and is using that money to seed discord and revolution around the world.
One incident defines a person's whole life?

I am not on his payroll and he has nothing to do with me or what I think.

But, I have a Jewish friend who grew up in France at the same time. Sometimes her response to current events and individuals is a surprise, until I think about it a minute.

Many billionaires among us profit off the misery of others. I can name a few off the top of my head.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:29 AM

14,682 posts, read 14,648,352 times
Whenever you create a topic with "I heard...", that's a sign you need to do more research away from Internet forums.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:30 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
If that's the case then right wingers need to quit claiming that the rank and file protesters are getting paid in every thread that George Soros and protests is the topic.
It depends on the protests. The ones where there are hundreds of thousands across the country obviously all those people couldn't be possibly be paid. The people organizing them are the ones getting paid.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:31 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
[quote=crone;47514571]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

One incident defines a person's whole life?

I am not on his payroll and he has nothing to do with me or what I think.

But, I have a Jewish friend who grew up in France at the same time. Sometimes her response to current events and individuals is a surprise, until I think about it a minute.

Many billionaires among us profit off the misery of others. I can name a few off the top of my head.
My Dad was not much older than Soros when he signed up for the Marine Corp. He spent 3 years in the jungles, was shot, stabbed and sick most of the time. Definitely changed his life and the kind of person he became.

But he spent his life helping people whenever possible. Soros informed to the Nazi's, joined them and spent his life sowing discord and misery.

He has no excuses. He's evil, pure and simple. Was probably warped by his Nazi indoctrination at such a young age and smart enough to hide his true goals by pushing these liberals to do his dirty work for him.

They think they are doing good, but what they are doing is dividing, always dividing.

But to answer your question, yes one incident does define a life. My Mom and Dad, their entire lives everything happened either before the war or after. The war to them was always THE point of reference to anything that happened in their lives. It's no different for Soros.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:33 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post

My Dad was not much older than Soros when he signed up for the Marine Corp. He spent 3 years in the jungles, was shot, stabbed and sick most of the time. Definitely changed his life and the kind of person he became.

But he spent his life helping people whenever possible. Soros informed to the Nazi's, joined them and spent his life sowing discord and misery.

He has no excuses. He's evil, pure and simple. Was probably warped by his Nazi indoctrination at such a young age and smart enough to hide his true goals by pushing these liberals to do his dirty work for him.

They think they are doing good, but what they are doing is dividing, always dividing.
There's a BIG difference between a 14 year old and a 17/18 year old developmentally. Your father also fought amongst others, not on his own as his government systematically slaughtered everyone from his ethnic background. He never joined the Nazis - citation?

How have you helped others today? Soros already has a few million out supporting issues that matter to him (and, frankly, me). Discord and misery, my tuches.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
The really funny is that tired old bs line has been debunked and disproven 7x from Sunday but the alt right sheep in black boots just can't stand to believe that millions of people just simply hate...trumps...guts.
There is no debunking. Soros has a global agenda and he is behind these leftwing protests. Is he behind all of them? Probably not but he is definitely a big player.

Not doubt there are millions of people that hate Trump because no one leader is going to be loved by every single person. I'm certain that there are people that don't like the Pope either. (And no, before someone replies, I am not comparing Trump to the Pope, just using an example of a generally respected leader will still have people that hate them.)

Old 03-15-2017, 09:36 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
So, unlike the right wing Koch brothers who inherited most of their wealth, Soros earned it on his own merit.

Old 03-15-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I was there because I wanted to be there, not to be paid. Why is that funny?

Also who are these masses arrested at the women's march? About 1% of the US population marched that day and I didn't hear about any arrests.
Obviously reading and comprehension is not your strong point.

You and others like you were fooled into participating on the premise that you were marching for Women's rights. Obviously your motivation wasn't money but the organizers that got the message out to you were motivated by money. They just made it seem like they were for a cause but they aren't. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Also, are you talking about the January march or the Day without women march last week?

This thread is about the march last week so that is what I was talking about and there most definitely were arrests that day.

Thirteen arrested in Day Without a Woman' march - CNNPolitics.com

Old 03-15-2017, 09:44 AM

BTW, I know it's pointless telling people they were pawns/used because they wouldn't believe you anyway. Oh well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies