Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2017, 02:28 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times

Advertisements

lol@ the bitter posts for what reason I know not.

Trump tax return bill passes NJ Senate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 02:31 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Trump won the presidency without disclosing his tax returns, even though the left kept beating the drum. Classic.
He did promise to do so.

Old 03-15-2017, 02:42 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Idiotic plan.
It would require the US Constitution to be changed.
I'm not sure the OP can grasp the facts... but keep trying I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
He did promise to do so.
Obama promised we could keep our plans and doctors. I'm certain the later lies are far more important to voters than Trump's returns.

OH, and paying 25.3% makes him the opposite of a tax dodger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Bitter? Nothing bitter about your detractors. This thing that gives you joy will go to the lower courts and be crushed.

If anything it shows how stupid and ignorant liberal law makers are. This is all for show and no go.

IT IS CONSTITUTIONALLY ILLEGAL!

Good luck with your short lived mirage.

I'm going to make a prediction, which I rarely do and have a stellar record when I do.

The same way the Republican party splintered into several factions and spawned a surge of the Libertarians, so will the Democratic Party do the same with a Progressive Party.

Moderates will win the future simply because we live in reality.

Last edited by steven_h; 03-15-2017 at 02:53 PM..

Old 03-15-2017, 02:53 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I'm not sure the OP can grasp the facts... but keep trying I suppose.

Obama promised we could keep our plans and doctors. I'm certain the later lies are far more important to voters than Trump's returns.

OH, and paying 25.3% makes him the opposite of a tax dodger.

Bitter? Nothing bitter about your detractors. This thing that gives you joy will go to the lower courts and be crushed.

If anything it shows how stupid and ignorant liberal law makers are. This is all for show and no go.

IT IS CONSTITUTIONALLY ILLEGAL!

Good luck with your short lived mirage.
I was wondering where the "bitter" comment came from as well. He's obviously trying to paint a picture that just isn't there.

But as to the NJ bill that he cited, it won't go to any court, because it will be vetoed long before it can ever be challenged..

Old 03-15-2017, 03:03 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
That actually makes far more sense, being that its required by law. Releasing your taxes is not.

In fact I don't know why we expect that. It seems a huge invasion of privacy that we have checks and balances for. The IRS!
^^^^Exactly!

Unbelievable that s/he doesn't know the law:

Presidential Eligibility

Old 03-15-2017, 03:06 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:

It is you who argue that it's good for states to attempt to deny people their US Constitutional rights.

In this case their right to run for US President if they meet the requirements as spelled out in the US Constitution.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:17 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Once again, Im not understanding the bitterness.

There is no real reason to oppose requiring candidates to release their tax returns. Every candidate in the past 45 years have done just that except 2.

Richard Nixon and Donald Trump.

lol

Old 03-15-2017, 03:26 PM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Once again, Im not understanding the bitterness.

There is no real reason to oppose requiring candidates to release their tax returns. Every candidate in the past 45 years have done just that except 2.

Richard Nixon and Donald Trump.

lol
Nice use of phrasing. I can do that too.

Some of the best presidents in the history of this country did not release their tax returns.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:39 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
I don't think it's legal because what is it proof of? Some income level? A certain amount of charitable giving? What is the right income level? What is the right amount of charitable giving? The law says qualification to run for president are age, residency and citizenship. You should only have to provide paperwork that proves you meet those qualifications. In addition, the parties can have criteria to allow you to run on that party's ticket. For example, maybe they will say you had to take economics in college and get at least a B. Then the substantiation would be your college transcript.

Income tax return, college transcripts, speech copies are substantiation. What are they substantiation of? What qualification?

It shouldn't be a fishing expedition by a bunch of Nosey Nancys. If they want to say, to qualify to be on the ballot you have to have earned at least $200,000 per year for 3 of the last 10 years or you had to donate at least 10% of your adjusted gross income to charity, then they should expect your tax return would be proof.

But seriously, every state coming up with different qualifications is ridiculous.

Old 03-15-2017, 03:40 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,124,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
This isn't partisanship... Right. Whether someone wants to hold the president accountable or not almost is COMPLETELY dependent on partisanship.

Pretending anything related to politics can be non-partisan is either incredibly naive or disingenuous.
Love how you dodge my question, learn a few things from Trump and his administration, didn't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies