Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2017, 01:42 PM

36,501 posts, read 30,820,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
The reason so many will lose their insurance is because employers no longer will be mandated to offer insurance, plus premiums would go up so more people cant afford insurance (typically the older demographics) plus far fewer would be covered by Medicaid, many elderly seniors in nursing homes will no longer qualify.
We already have many employers who are not mandated to offer insurance. One must have 50 employees in order to be forced to offer insurance. How many large employers did not offer health insurance before the mandate?
Of these were the employees uninsured or did they have coverage thru and private policy, parents or a spouse?
The premiums have gone up, been going up do to carriers bailing because of Obamacare. Why would competition cause an increase in premiums?
Why would far fewer people be covered by Medicaid? Why would those on SS in nursing homes not qualify?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 01:46 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,954,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
We already have many employers who are not mandated to offer insurance. One must have 50 employees in order to be forced to offer insurance. How many large employers did not offer health insurance before the mandate?
Of these were the employees uninsured or did they have coverage thru and private policy, parents or a spouse?
The premiums have gone up, been going up do to carriers bailing because of Obamacare. Why would competition cause an increase in premiums?
Why would far fewer people be covered by Medicaid? Why would those on SS in nursing homes not qualify?
Premiums will be much higher for geezers because they are currently subsidized by the young with the mandate. Trumpcare removes the mandate which means fewer healthy people in the risk pool and huge numbers of elderly will die as a result. Also, people who currently have pre-existing conditions will see rates skyrocket and huge numbers of them will die as well.

You should read the CBO report: https://apps.npr.org/documents/docum...ealth-Care-Act

Old 03-15-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
The ER units treat everyone. And the fewer people have insurance, the more busy they get. People with no insurance and inability to pay wait until the cancer is at the final stage before seeking help and then are rushed to the ER.

Well, if you were happy with 10% annual health care cost increases you are happy with bankrupting America.
What about the health department and health clinics? When I had no health insurance that is where I went if I was sick.
If you go to the ER in the final stages of cancer with no insurance, you are dying and they cant really help you. Have you gone to the ER with no insurance. They rush you out of there like nobody's business.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:48 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,132,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingIguana View Post
If I told you, would you really believe me? This is the internet.

I'm semi-retired. These days I have 5 properties in NYC and Miami Beach that I rent, besides the income from these I have some dividend income from investments of my 30+ years in working and I charter out two intrepids to the local yacht club.

All in all, my tax bill for this year is 6 figures even with my accountant working OT and shield of an S-Corporation.
If this is true, then you are just extremely lucky. You must have a ton of good karma from a previous life.

The vast majority of Americans are nowhere near that blessed, so you can't be too surprised that the idea of completely eliminating the ACA is highly controversial.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
What about the health department and health clinics? When I had no health insurance that is where I went if I was sick.
If you go to the ER in the final stages of cancer with no insurance, you are dying and they cant really help you. Have you gone to the ER with no insurance. They rush you out of there like nobody's business.
Health departments and health clinics are not part of the free market system which the poster wants to see. He wants to eliminate all support for the disabled, the elderly, the sick and the poor and leave huge numbers of millions without anything, massive numbers of people roaming the streets with various brain tumors, mental issues, cancers and all sorts of horror stories. They go to the ER as a result.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Premiums will be much higher for geezers because they are currently subsidized by the young with the mandate. Huge numbers of elderly will die as a result.

You should read the CBO report: https://apps.npr.org/documents/docum...ealth-Care-Act
Geezers not currently on Medicare are paying premiums through employment or other policies or are on Medicaid. The young, though mandated, are still opting out of the market and getting along with out insurance coverage. That is why cost skyrocketed under Obamacare. The amount of coverage going out through subsidies was greater than that coming in through paid premiums.
Before Obamacare were elderly dying en-mass?

Old 03-15-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Health departments and health clinics are not part of the free market system which the poster wants to see. He wants to eliminate all support for the disabled, the elderly, the sick and the poor and leave huge numbers of millions without anything, massive numbers of people roaming the streets with various brain tumors, mental issues, cancers and all sorts of horror stories. They go to the ER as a result.
But health department and clinics exist.
Who wants to eliminate all support?

12,566 posts, read 10,610,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Because it was Obama's plan.
Taken from Romney.

416 posts, read 252,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
If this is true, then you are just extremely lucky.
The only luck in my life was being born.

After that, it was all hard work. And that goes for poor people as well, they're not poor because of bad luck, but due to lack of effort or something seriously wrong with them.

Old 03-15-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Geezers not currently on Medicare are paying premiums through employment or other policies or are on Medicaid. The young, though mandated, are still opting out of the market and getting along with out insurance coverage.
No, you should read the CBO report. Its all there. The elderly will see their premiums skyrocket under Trumpcare. CBO is even headed by a republican! This pig stinks even with lipstick!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies