Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2017, 07:55 PM

416 posts, read 251,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Any doctor who would refuse to operate on someone who couldn't pay would not only be violating the Hippocratic Oath, but would also be a very evil soulless person.
My morals are completely different from your own.

A doctor is not obligated to treat anyone just because he has the knowledge, and choosing not to doesn't make him the bad guy.

If you think about you will realize why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Wow, you sound very, well I don't even know what word to use without it becoming a personal attack. Let's just say that this is the definition of sociopathy
Not a sociopath, just intelligent to only care about important things.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:07 PM

18,794 posts, read 8,420,430 times
Quote:
Any doctor who would refuse to operate on someone who couldn't pay would not only be violating the Hippocratic Oath, but would also be a very evil soulless person.
This would or should only apply in an emergency, assuming the doc has the skills and is up to the task physically.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:09 PM

20,023 posts, read 8,913,884 times
at 65, everybody's primary insurance because Medicare, save your money, pay your own insurance until then.....man up

Old 03-15-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
This would or should only apply in an emergency, assuming the doc has the skills and is up to the task physically.
Why does it even apply in an emergency? Is the doctor a slave? Is by learning this specific skill-set, he's now a slave to help everyone before him on the verge of death?

Please.

This is the problem with people. They begin to take generosity for granted and begin to feel they're entitled.

No one is entitled to live, in fact we all die. Every second on this earth is a luxury not your right.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:13 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,527,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
That is the discussion, BaskingIguana wants to go back to pre-86 when patient dumping was still legal. That is what's being debated here

Old 03-15-2017, 08:15 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,527,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingIguana View Post
My morals are completely different from your own.

A doctor is not obligated to treat anyone just because he has the knowledge, and choosing not to doesn't make him the bad guy.

If you think about you will realize why.
Put yourself in a doctor's shoes, someone comes up to you, with say a big laceration in their arm, bleeding everywhere and in pain and needs immediate medical attention, but doesn't have insurance or any savings. You are telling me that you as a doctor would just smile at them and tell them sorry, and watch them bleed to death right in front of you?!?!?

Old 03-15-2017, 08:16 PM

2,438 posts, read 2,801,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
at 65, everybody's primary insurance because Medicare, save your money, pay your own insurance until then.....man up
The young ( generally) don't get sick and the old are rejected. That's lost jobs for nursing homes, hospitals, doctors, nurses, rehabilitation centers, physical therapy... etc.. Man up- twice. Your call.

That's not even tough math. That's not even a "novel idea" from some, so-called "expert" president. That's a joke.

Old 03-15-2017, 08:20 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,645,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaskingIguana View Post
Why does it even apply in an emergency? Is the doctor a slave? Is by learning this specific skill-set, he's now a slave to help everyone before him on the verge of death?

Please.

This is the problem with people. They begin to take generosity for granted and begin to feel they're entitled.

No one is entitled to live, in fact we all die. Every second on this earth is a luxury not your right.
I wonder if you'll be this cold when it's your loved ones who are dying? What if some catastrophic illness struck you or a loved one? The only life saving treatment isn't covered by your insurance and costs millions. Just gonna shake your head and say, "well, see ya" to your loved one and maybe take in a movie?

Old 03-15-2017, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Put yourself in a doctor's shoes, someone comes up to you, with say a big laceration in their arm, bleeding everywhere and in pain and needs immediate medical attention, but doesn't have insurance or any savings. You are telling me that you as a doctor would just smile at them and tell them sorry, and watch them bleed to death right in front of you?!?!?
If that post was aimed to pull at my heart strings, it doesn't work.

Now I'm not a doctor for a reason. I hate treating people and bodily fluids, but I'm good friends with several successful doctors. One was the premier plastic surgeon in San Diego, the other couple had one of the most lucrative practices (gastroenterology) in Boston.

Now neither of these is a skill needed in an emergency. But they're were both in it for money. The gastroenterologist was from Ireland and came to the states simply because of $$$. You think these people will treat you for free? You won't get past their secretary. They're in the business of making $$$.

Now I'm generally not pressed with such 'heart wrenching situations' but I do encounter homeless people, with their arms outstretched everyday of my life. Do I give them anything? Nope. Never gave even a penny. And some of them are in a pretty bad state. I don't give out of principle, since I hate beggars. However, I do donate to charity, just not beggars.

Many of you remind me of beggars to be honest. With this idea you're entitled to health care, and when people don't want to share their tax dollars to give you things you don't deserve - you insult and curse them, call them immoral.

Just like the homeless people I walk by when I either don't acknowledge them or tell them to stop begging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies