Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 01:28 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,516,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
There is a lot of humor and sarcasm in what Savage does on the radio and in his book. Same for Ann Coulter and Limbaugh. When this sort of thing is directed at the left they have no sense of humor at all.

Look at late night TV, SNL, numerous comics like Amy Shumer, etc. There is a mean side to all of them on a scale at least as caustic as Savage does. I would not be happy if any of them got attacked in the way Savage did.
Actually, you got it all backwards. Liberals do comedy (too many examples to list) while conservatives are hate filled and notoriously unfunny people. I remember many years ago when FOX tried to do a comedy show, in the same vein as the Daily Show/Colbert Report. It was a miserable failure that folded in a month or two. The people who watch that network are too stupid to know the difference between satire and seriousness, and the people who espouse conservatism (like Weiner or Limbaugh) have never been funny, and never will be.

Humor and hate repel one another.

As far as this "vicious attack" on Weiner, it really shows what a bunch of snowflakes you conservatives are. Go find a safe space.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 01:34 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
just as I thought, every one of these violence promoting liberals happy and celebrating a sucker punch on a 74 year man that they don't like that he has 1st amendment rights. If a KKK member beat up Obama, they would by crying and claiming it's the worse crime of the century...they're all big fat lying hypocrites.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:40 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Actually, you got it all backwards. Liberals do comedy (too many examples to list) while conservatives are hate filled and notoriously unfunny people. I remember many years ago when FOX tried to do a comedy show, in the same vein as the Daily Show/Colbert Report. It was a miserable failure that folded in a month or two. The people who watch that network are too stupid to know the difference between satire and seriousness, and the people who espouse conservatism (like Weiner or Limbaugh) have never been funny, and never will be.

As far as this "vicious attack" on Weiner, it really shows what a bunch of snowflakes you conservatives are. Go find a safe space.
I'd call getting punched in the head a vicious attack. I also found nothing funny in the thugs that rioted in Berkeley.

And I can guarantee you conservatives won't run to a safe space after a few more of these attacks. We fight back.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:48 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
just as I thought, every one of these violence promoting liberals happy and celebrating a sucker punch on a 74 year man that they don't like that he has 1st amendment rights. If a KKK member beat up Obama, they would by crying and claiming it's the worse crime of the century...they're all big fat lying hypocrites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I'd call getting punched in the head a vicious attack. I also found nothing funny in the thugs that rioted in Berkeley.

And I can guarantee you conservatives won't run to a safe space after a few more of these attacks. We fight back.
Savage is refusing to discuss the specific instance while claiming open season on major Trump supporters.

Still does not compute. Apparently more to the story than a simple attack on a public figure.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:53 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Limbaugh has lived in Palm Beach, FL for almost 20 years. Savage hasn't lived in NYC since the late 1960s. This is easily verifiable, and they talk about where they live all the time. In fact, Limbaugh makes sure to never even visit NY more than a certain amount of days every year, so that he doesn't have to pay NYS and NYC income taxes. He has talked about this a lot.

Limbaugh only sold his condo in 2010, he lived there for quite a while. And that's the thing, it's the taxes that drove him away, not the culture. He talked crap about liberal values but he apparently has no problem living in it, and would continue to do so if the price is more affordable.

Savage, I take it back if he moved from NYC. Another poster points out that he actually owns homes in the SF Bay and very likely lives there. He is another right-winger who talks smack about liberal culture that he happily lives in.

These extreme Right personalities, if they really find the liberal culture that offensive and intolerable and loves Middle America that much, you'd think they'd live in somewhere like Nashville or Indianapolis. But they often live in very blue cities.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:56 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Michael Savage lives in Marin County I believe.

Anyhow, its unfortunate that this happened and the perpetrator(s) should be charged.

Old 03-16-2017, 01:57 PM

4,958 posts, read 2,236,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
We don't know the age other person, and...

"Both men accused one another of starting the scrap. After listening to Savage and the other man, officers let both go."
This often happens when you have differing accounts. The police will charge both, or neither.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:00 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Really? Would you care to explain how we ended up in Iraq?
Bill Clinton's 1998 Iraq Liberation Act, authorizing US military involvement to depose Saddam Hussein and his government.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=457jp8VGhEE

Old 03-16-2017, 02:01 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Sounds like one of those antisemitic white supremacists who was probably paid by George Soros.

"Savage said the man asked, “Are you Michael Weeener?” referring to Savage’s given name (Michael Weiner)."

Pro-Trump radio host Michael Savage says he was physically attacked outside restaurant – TheBlaze

Old 03-16-2017, 02:05 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,621,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Wow-that sickening post you made really shows the true depravity of liberalism. Liberals "do" comedy? No, they ARE comedy, like pathetic, sour faced clowns with zero humor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies