Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2017, 04:20 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
do you think posting stuff like this makes you look smart? All it does is make actual smart people know you're not.
AH but, you didn't answer the question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 04:21 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,456,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ahh.
  • So you claim that when Obama takes money that could have been used for scientific research, and instead spends it on something else, that is OK
  • But if Trump takes money that could have been used for scientific research and spends it on something else, that's NOT OK.
Nice partisan double standard that you have there.

Thanks for participating.

actually Obama didn't cut their funding, Trump did. You're pulling crap out of nowhere and trying to sound smart...sure- we could take this to silly ends and say we should fund nothing but science, that should be 100% of the budget....but alas we're grown ups, and at least some of us live in the real world....so it's a balance...had Obama come out and said I'm cutting science budget do millionaires and billionaires can enjoy lower taxed I would have disagreed with that approach...but keep trying to take my arguments to silly places while negating the places where I point out your logical fallacies...still not addressing the actual crux of my arguments right?

somehow Obama was able to save 1MM+ jobs and not cut research for curing diseases like Trump proposes...I guess when low taxes for the 1% isn't your #1 priority it is possible....

Old 03-16-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
AH but, you didn't answer the question.
I didn't need to- you got shredded by other posters already....don;t need to pile on....I also didn't answer the crazy guy on the subway last year if he asked me if I could see the lizard people....

Old 03-16-2017, 04:24 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
You're pulling crap out of nowhere and trying to sound smart..
Yet you can only address it with insult. This speaks for itself. One more time.

• You claim that when Obama takes money that could have been used for scientific research, and instead spends it on something else, that is OK
  • But if Trump takes money that could have been used for scientific research and spends it on something else, that's NOT OK.

We get it. You support Obama spending tax dollars on clunker cars as valuable plan to save America. You don't support Trump's plans. Nothing more to it than that.

Old 03-16-2017, 04:25 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
This is a sarcastic post, yes? If it is not, I take it you have no understanding of how Academic and drug research takes place.

They go hand in hand - drug research companies are very dependent on the basic research that goes on at Universities (that is often NIH-funded) and at the NIH itself - and drug research companies often collaborate with Universities on these kind of projects (in fact, as an employee of a major biotech company, I'm working on a few collaboration projects right now with a couple of different Universities!).
"This is a sarcastic post, yes?"

Yes.

I am from D.C and know a lot of people, including my father, who worked at NIH and have a great respect for them and what they do.

But, that does NOT mean that there isn't any waste, fraud and abuse.

I have spelled out my thoughts on how to cut govt spending in this thread.

Old 03-16-2017, 04:27 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
somehow Obama was able to save 1MM+ jobs and not cut research for curing diseases like Trump proposes...I guess when low taxes for the 1% isn't your #1 priority it is possible....
Is this why under his leadership the Democrats lost the Presidency, the US House, US Senate, control of the majority of Governnor's houses and 2/3rds+ of the state chambers?

His plans failed. Time to give Trump a chance.

Old 03-16-2017, 04:31 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
I think even Scalia might balk at your reading of the constitution there....
Nope. Illegal aliens are foreign invaders. That's exactly why they're deportable.

Old 03-16-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Yet you can only address it with insult. This speaks for itself. One more time.

• You claim that when Obama takes money that could have been used for scientific research, and instead spends it on something else, that is OK

We get it. You support Obama spending tax dollars on clunker cars as valuable plan to save America. You don't support Trump's plans. Nothing more to it than that.

you keep saying the same thing time after time arguing something that doesn't exist and fail each and every time to address my actual point..what would you suggest....if my children did this I'd send them to their room.....

Old 03-16-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Is this why under his leadership the Democrats lost the Presidency, the US House, US Senate, control of the majority of Governnor's houses and 2/3rds+ of the state chambers?

His plans failed. Time to give Trump a chance.
or if you had understood context of history and politics you'd understand the reason for most of these, things like opposition party typically picking house seats, things like normally after a two term president the other side wins the next election, how the electoral college favors land over people. I could also point out that the states that actually net contribute to the nation tend to have governments made up of Dems as well ...read a cpl political science books, you'll pick some stuff up....it might open your eyes to the Fox News bulletins you get...
I mean I could spend all night explaining all the issues but at some point I need to just stop feeding the animals at the zoo....

Old 03-16-2017, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Nope. Illegal aliens are foreign invaders. That's exactly why they're deportable.
again, I missed where you got your constitutional law degree? and again I'll leave you to keep thinking Mexicans coming to mow our lawns is the biggest issue facing our nation...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies