Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2017, 02:28 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yes thats the thing now everyone works so few have the ability to care for their people. I remember my mother quitting her job to move in with my grands and care for pa but not everyone has that luxury.

The thing people are missing is that its more than a delivered meal a day that elders need to stay in their homes. That is not what prevents them from having to go to a facility. Its the lack of families ability to actually be there to care for their daily needs. They may need help bathing, dressing, maintaining their home, with their meds, etc. Its nice for them to have one of their meals delivered but it wont make or break them as some keep suggesting.
Yes, most don't have the luxury of quitting their job. Others who qualify for community services sometimes have children that are in the system themselves because they aren't working. While they can be there to help a lot more, why would they when they get community services free of charge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2017, 02:32 PM

The bottom line, the poor don't appreciate the toll these free services are taking on society and the taxpayer who, in addition to paying their own bills, are also footing the bills for the poor. These people also have to save for their elderly years and because the poor lean too heavily on them, they are heading for big problems.

People who get handouts don't understand the value of the free services, (and many don't care). They don't appreciate the hardship it causes others who pay for it and that's why we have a welfare mentality.

Last edited by petch751; 03-16-2017 at 02:41 PM..

Old 03-16-2017, 02:41 PM

1,349 posts, read 663,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Embarrassing for actual Christians who understand that "Love your neighbor" is the primary commandment.
Looks more and more like "puffing up themselves" about how extra good they are because they wake up at 7 on sunday mornings (their leader does to, but to tweet. He probably has a direct line). Blind to anything outside their belly button.

In their minds (and trust me, I know that kind of christians, but many others that are also not like that, thankfully), sin is "outside of them", as they spend so much time recognizing it in others, rather than looking at themselves (or as another recent news has showed, quite too large a number tend to look a bit too much lower)

Those kind of christians wouldn't recognize their own sin if it kicked them in the "Q"

I'm an atheist but, please, if you pretend to believe in god or do, please act as such or at least pretend!

Leaving one's brother (human being) dying on the street is CERTAINLY not christian.

Another thing : I KNOW that true christian will certainly not take offend. I respect their faith even if I don't share it, and they know that.

After healthcare being out of the debate, help for isolated ederlies and FOOD that they PAY for, vets, disabled people, women (half the country) and in general, PEOPLE, since I guess environment protection is also out of the question, who's next?

Why doesn't it seem to bother anyone (very little posts on the subject) that your new commander in chief plans to add 54B$ on military expenses?

But, YES, let's cancel what was the only way for elderlies (whose work in WW2 most of you never fail to mention as if you did it yourselves) to have social contact, help from isolment and food (most can't even lift a pan, if I take my late grandparents who lived to be 103 years old, as an example - baptist international missionaries and very probably apostolic, I need to say, before someone dares attacks them of not being "good enough")

Why that choice of spending budget?

Why, as christians, do you support that? Litterally taking food that is not even paid for by federal funds out of your elders' mouthes ? (i researched, it's really a mix of volunteers and paid for/by users, federal funds just help coordinate it, especially in desert areas ). Most of them have probably created an emotional link with the person who brings it, maybe their only last..

What's the problem with you?

Last edited by personne; 03-16-2017 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: Orthographe

Old 03-16-2017, 02:42 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,669,164 times
Yes, a perfect example illustrating how Trump really cares for ordinary people.

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We pay for the handouts and since we won't qualify for help we need it for our elderly years so it's time to cut expenses.

In other words...hey we barely make it, but let's cut those who aren't, so that we will be ok.

It's like when the folks who are climbing a mountain cut the rope so everyone live right?

Except for one thing. Our country is richer then ever, our rich are getting massively more wealthy, and we have elected people who want.to make it worse.

Let's go back to my analogy. Trumps budget shoved a guy off a cliff. Your response is to cut the rope. Not to say "what the heck?".

Because while it sucks...you are ok. And hey, one less guy right? Forgetting that that guy that was just shoved is the one who trusted Trump the most.

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Here's the actual blueprint as opposed to the media's take on it. It is arranged by Department:

America First
A Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again

https://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/whi..._blueprint.pdf

I did a word search on Meals and found no mention.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:43 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
He is a mean small-minded greedy little man.
Unless the Republicans in congress just bend over for Trump and facilitate him in putting it to us, this so-called budget proposal is just pandering to his brain-dead, ultra-right supporters. They'd like to destroy every type of social benefit program. He couldn't be so ignorant that he'd think that this copulation of a budget bill would actually get passed. He just wants to be able to claim that he's trying to live up to his pledge, to further enrich the rich and disenfranchise those with low to moderate resources.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:43 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
Mulvaney pretty much said at the press briefing:
Let them eat cake.

He also defended de-funding programs for feeding poor school children.
Let them starve.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Embarrassing for actual Christians who understand that "Love your neighbor" is the primary commandment.
Democrats did not want to include the mention of God in 2012? But when it fits your agenda you want to mention Christianity now? The bible does not preach feeding able bodied people who refuse to work the same as it does not preach having children out of wedlock. If you want to throw the bibles teaching at me go for it but before you do, be forewarned that it does not teach the welfare mentality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by personne View Post
Looks more and more like "puffing up themselves" about how extra good they are because they wake up at 7 on sunday mornings (their leader does to, but to tweet. He probably has a direct line). Blind to anything outside their belly button.
The best thing anyone can do for society is to support themselves and not be dependent on others as long as you are able bodied. The bible preaches that a you are to provide for your families. It does say to "help" but at this point, the welfare mentality has become abusive to the tax payer and the lazy are dragging society down.

Old 03-16-2017, 02:47 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The bottom line, the poor don't appreciate the toll these free services are taking on society and the taxpayer who, in addition to paying their own bills, are also footing the bills for the poor. These people also have to save for their elderly years and because the poor lean too heavily on them, they are heading for big problems.

People who get handouts don't understand the value of the free services, (and many don't care). They don't appreciate the hardship it causes others who pay for it and that's why we have a welfare mentality.

Get over yourself. I am literally at the worst point for income vs taxes vs survival. The amount I pay for meals on wheels and most free services is trivial, and will pay off for me if they are there when I need them.

And the people who get most if the tax cuts need them the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies