Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 09:21 AM

1,640 posts, read 794,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
0bama just added $10 trillion to the debt, so where is our "free higher education for 50 years?"

During 0bama's two terms he added $10 trillion in new debt, and who got rich? It sure as hell was not the poor, because we expanded the number of people living in poverty in the USA, reaching a fifty year high with the US poverty level.

The rich got richer under 0bama, and the poor got poorer, even while he was spending more money then anyone in human history had before.
He added debt getting us out of a great recession. Trump will add to the debt to satiate a racist wet willy and the abject stupidity of him and his cabinet.
Quote:
You guys say that every year, and each year most of the poor who file income taxes end up getting back a tax return higher than the taxes withheld.
You're not making sense. I'm saying under Trump the poor with have a higher tax liability and they will. Just as they did under Bush.

eta: with that said, I cannot say I'm terribly concerned about the poor. I'm more concerned about him getting us into another recession as repubs tend to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 09:23 AM

8,148 posts, read 3,676,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
So all you left wingers out there that despise our military and want it to go away...and want the budget for it slashed drastically further or eliminated, I have a question. What would we or should we do if we are attacked on our own soil?
and you do realize the budget for the military was already slashed big time in the last eight years? But hey, they are all a bunch of baby killers to you left wingers.

Let's see, our defense budget is bigger than anybody else's by a huge margin. I'm not going to argue if it is bigger than the next 3, 8, 10, or 14 combined, it does not matter. And that does not even include some intelligence agencies, DOE stockpile and so on.

So who is going to attack, aliens?

Old 03-17-2017, 09:23 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I don't buy into the liberal progressive message in many ways (anti-capitalism, anti-wealth, pro-patriarchy social legislation), but of course we should have universal healthcare.

Taxes do not make the wealthy poorer. If you are poor you will be paying more in traxes under Trump.
Taking money from people through taxation makes people poorer. Calling them "wealthy" makes them no less a victim.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:24 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
He added debt getting us out of a great recession.
The Great Recession ended in June 2009 before any of 0bama's policies went into effect, so get your facts straight.

Quote:
You're not making sense. I'm saying under Trump the poor with have a higher tax liability and they will. Just as they did under Bush.

eta: with that said, I cannot say I'm terribly concerned about the poor. I'm more concerned about him getting us into another recession as repubs tend to do.
Most of the poor will still not pay any federal income taxes. For example, if $2,500 in federal income taxes are withheld, the standard deduction wipes it all out, and most people will get more money back, than the taxes that were withheld.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Taking money from people through taxation makes people poorer. Calling them "wealthy" makes them no less a victim.
Oh, so you want to protect the wealthy from paying taxes. Poor million and billionaires. Can you explain to me why? They have every advantage in life. The best food. The best schools. The best housing. A good lot do not actually produce anything of value. They move money around/invest/participate in activities that resulted in the last recession. They are not providing the research that saves lives, keeps our water clean, and our environment safe. So, what is it?

Old 03-17-2017, 09:29 AM

Quote:
The Great Recession ended in June 2009 before any of 0bama's policies went into effect, so get your facts straight.
Ok, he pulled us out of the consequences of the great recession. Unless you are suggesting there were no consequences?

Old 03-17-2017, 09:33 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,656,371 times
Quote:
Add higher education that should not only be funded, but mandated imo.
We desperately need a more educated population in this country.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:39 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
How do we win? Increased spending, higher deficits, and all so that we can increase military spending on a military budget so large that we could probably take on the entire world and manage to win?

I mean if you have some world domination goal where we take on the world, and subjugate them...well maybe then.
I guess you didn't get the memo that the world is now an extremely dangerous place. Arguably, more dangerous than ever before with unpredictable countries like North Korea, Russia and Iran having nukes. On top of that, we have the most elusive enemy in Islamic terrorist who wants to destroy the US. And the most evil group of human beings since the Nazis. They are called ISIS.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I guess you didn't get the memo that the world is now an extremely dangerous place. Arguably, more dangerous than ever before with unpredictable countries like North Korea, Russia and Iran having nukes. On top of that, we have the most elusive enemy in Islamic terrorist who wants to destroy the US. And the most evil group of human beings since the Nazis. They are called ISIS.
Yes, and isn't Trump going to handle it all with sophistication, intelligence, and measure.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:42 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Oh, so you want to protect the wealthy from paying taxes. Poor million and billionaires. Can you explain to me why? They have every advantage in life. The best food. The best schools. The best housing. A good lot do not actually produce anything of value. They move money around/invest/participate in activities that resulted in the last recession. They are not providing the research that saves lives, keeps our water clean, and our environment safe. So, what is it?
Your greed is showing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies