Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2017, 09:02 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I've come to believe that every presidential candidate will vow better foreign policy but fail to produce results. Obama ran as the peace candidate but dropped bombs all over the place. Trump ran on isolationism but this proves he is no better. Glad I voted for Gary Johnson, I'll sleep better tonight.
So will he. He doesn't have squat to do in the morning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 09:03 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
If it was an American bomb, does this mean we are cooperating with Assad and Putin in the war against ISIS?
Assad and Russia are not fighting ISIS, so I am not sure what you mean by the cooperation.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are not being honest here. The guidelines were there, but an error and an equipment failure took place. This was all over the news at a time, so anyone can check what happened. The troubling part with Trump is that they are removing the guidelines, which means they will intentionally kill civilians.
I posted on it many times. I know what happened. Your argument boils down to guidelines or no guidelines we are going to indiscriminately bomb people from the air killing thousands and thousands of innocent people and I noted where you are good with that with your own words.

U.S. Airstrikes in Iraq, Syria Killed Twice the Civilians Previously Announced - NBC News

The only guidelines were to lie about it.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:07 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

I recognize evil and stupidity for what they are. Sorry if that bothers you.
Apparently you don't own a mirror.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:14 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Thank you for your comments, which leave me wondering where you get your news from. You are apparently not up to speed. have you ever heard of terrorists using "human shields?" Have you never read about suicide bombings at airports (most recently Brussels, Belgium, an airport I have traveled through), or in markets? Really? You must be very uninformed.

And of course right here in the U.S. A. we had such a terrorist attack at the Boston Marathon. You heard about that, right?

Old 03-17-2017, 09:15 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Every media source I've read today states that the US is denying hitting a mosque.

It would be more appropriate if people titled threads more truthfully here. Unless the OP has an inside connection to military intel, why would he/she post such a misleading and provocative "headline" long before the actual truth is known? Why do so many people here do the same?

That's a rhetorical question, of course. I know why people over-emote and stretch reality to fit narratives. I personally find such willful exaggeration to be very dishonest and certainly not at all admirable, however.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
You are not being honest here. The guidelines were there, but an error and an equipment failure took place. This was all over the news at a time, so anyone can check what happened. The troubling part with Trump is that they are removing the guidelines, which means they will intentionally kill civilians.
We are WRONG either way. We had NO business getting involved in Syria, Libya, Yemen or remaining in Iraq or Afghanistan.

That you would not protest those actions but actually voted for them is the reason we are where we are now.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:18 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Look at the new boss, same as the old boss. All these strikes killing innocent people yet again and people wonder why we get attacked. Boobus doesn't learn.

Bring the troops home and defend our borders like the Constitution says.
It's apparent that you have never taken it upon yourself to learn about Islam. Hint: They don't attack us because of anything we did to them.

I would suggest you take seriously what they openly admit, that they intend to make the USA (and the entire world) subject to Islamic Law. Islamic jihad is real, in case you didn't know. I would suggest you do some study on Islam. You need to learn what this enemy believes.

Old 03-17-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Assad and Russia are not fighting ISIS, so I am not sure what you mean by the cooperation.
Yes they are. ISIS/Rebels. They are the same people. People we armed.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/08/politi...-weapons-u-s-/

Old 03-17-2017, 09:22 AM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Every media source I've read today states that the US is denying hitting a mosque.

It would be more appropriate if people titled threads more truthfully here. Unless the OP has an inside connection to military intel, why would he/she post such a misleading and provocative "headline" long before the actual truth is known? Why do so many people here do the same?

That's a rhetorical question, of course. I know why people over-emote and stretch reality to fit narratives. I personally find such willful exaggeration to be very dishonest and certainly not at all admirable, however.
We dropped bombs on a country that did not attack us. You can argue the fine points, the where and the who if you like, but regardless we have no moral justification for doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies