Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 10:34 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I believe alt-right was started by Hillary as she moved further left. Either way, right or her term alt-right, anyone who does not agree with Hillary or the Democrats is the enemy, as Hillary put it, the deplorable's.
Another history revisionist. You might want to read that post before you. Just because you "believe" it doesn't make it true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 10:39 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
to be fair pretty much the only people saying "racist" has lost meaning is the ALT RIGHT! they wish people to believe it has lost meaning because they hate it being used against them.

They try to devalue it, but it does not work.
The left's use of racism is to attack anyone who disagree's with them, nothing more. And it has lost it's meaning because overused, and inappropriately used. The left perceives my not liking Obama's policies as racism and just can't understand that nothing commits us to having to like everything he does based on skin color. To do so is sheer stupidity.

I don't like what Hillary said she would do. Does that make me sexist? You call blacks who didn't agree with Obama uncle Toms, what do you call women who don't like Hillary?

Last edited by petch751; 03-18-2017 at 11:05 AM..

Old 03-18-2017, 10:40 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
I believe alt-right was started by Hillary as she moved further left. Either way, right or her term alt-right, anyone who does not agree with Hillary or the Democrats is the enemy, as Hillary put it, the deplorable's.
Paul Gottfried originally created the term, but white nationalist (white supremacist) Richard Spencer is the one that's been using it a lot lately.

Richard Spencer believes that America is being ruined by minorities and wants a "peaceful ethnic cleansing" of America.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
The left's use of racism is to attack anyone who disagree's with them, nothing more. And it has lost it's meaning because overused, abused and inappropriately used. I didn't like Obama's policies but the left perceives that as not liking the color of the mans skin. Geez, you do realize that to like Obama's policies because he is black is sheer stupidity.

Just like I didn't like what Hillary said her policies were. Does that make me sexist? You call blacks who didn't agree with Obama uncle Toms, what do you call women who don't like Hillary?
You ok? Because you're ranting on about a question no one asked. The question is what is the difference between the right and the alt right?

Old 03-18-2017, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
You ok?
Probably not. Many Trumpers seem like angry people.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Paul Gottfried originally created the term, but white nationalist (white supremacist) Richard Spencer is the one that's been using it a lot lately.

Richard Spencer believes that America is being ruined by minorities and wants a "peaceful ethnic cleansing" of America.
Peaceful ethnic cleansing? Like gas chambers that have soundproof glass or something?

Old 03-18-2017, 10:46 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:
Is it like facts and alt-facts? Why does the right need an alternative? It seems the alternative to right is wrong.
The mainstream right tends to be more elitist, support multinational policy, military interventionism, and big business. The alt-right is more of a populist, nationalist, and non-interventions (though not always). The mainstream right is beholding to moralistic conservative values. The alt-right is less affected by this, though they aren't in opposition to these views usually.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:06 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
You ok? Because you're ranting on about a question no one asked. The question is what is the difference between the right and the alt right?
You obviously didn't read the post I responded to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
to be fair pretty much the only people saying "racist" has lost meaning is the ALT RIGHT! they wish people to believe it has lost meaning because they hate it being used against them.

They try to devalue it, but it does not work.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Peaceful ethnic cleansing? Like gas chambers that have soundproof glass or something?
Not sure, I never did much reading into the details LOL. But Richard Spencer is on record as having said that. He is the creator of the "Alt-Right Movement" term that has been floating around the last few years.

Richard Spencer wants to make America white again. He is a racist and a bad person.

Hard conservatives, aka "the right," are not bad people. Just like most democrats, aka "the left," are not bad people. BUt the extremists on both sides are crazy people.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:11 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
The alt-right basically consists of those who would have voted for George Wallace in 1968.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies