Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2017, 07:02 PM

42,758 posts, read 26,029,946 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
3.6 million? So the limo drivers make 100,000 an hour... each security guard makes 50,000 an hour, gas costs 25,000 a gallon. You believe this fake news? The guys protecting Trump are on a salary. They make 30 bucks an hour tops. Lol.
They calculated it here, read it for yourself: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.9c649b31622e
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 07:02 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,135,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Big deal. The President visits his own property in Florida. Looks to me like he hosts a lot of dignitaries there, gets some family time and R&R.
And, fake news.....Big bird is owned by HBO Big Bird flies to HBO and leaves many scratching their heads | KFOR.com
You actually want to spend millions per weekend on it?

Old 03-18-2017, 07:03 PM

18,579 posts, read 10,555,178 times
Quote:
Big deal. The President visits his own property in Florida. Looks to me like he hosts a lot of dignitaries there, gets some family time and R&R.[/url]

You mean the property open to the "privet public " and up the pay to play price by $100,000 dollars,that property?

Old 03-18-2017, 07:09 PM

42,758 posts, read 26,029,946 times
Quote:
Big deal. The President visits his own property in Florida. Looks to me like he hosts a lot of dignitaries there, gets some family time and R&R.
And, fake news.....Big bird is owned by HBO Big Bird flies to HBO and leaves many scratching their heads | KFOR.com
You don't have a problem with Trump costing the tax payers 3.6 million a week for his little vacay to Mar-a-lago but you call the cuts to PBS 'fake news'? If you researched the 'big bird' situation you would have found out that the money PBS will be losing is what they use to broadcast shows like Sesame Street to rural, underserved areas. Kids in large cities will probably still see Big Bird on large PBS affiliates, but most likely kids in Missouri, parts of Oklahoma and Kentucky won't, I suppose that's ok with you? Maybe the people in those areas should have 'planned better' so they could afford to live in NYC so their kids could watch PBS, huh?

Old 03-18-2017, 07:50 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,131,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You don't have a problem with Trump costing the tax payers 3.6 million a week for his little vacay to Mar-a-lago but you call the cuts to PBS 'fake news'? If you researched the 'big bird' situation you would have found out that the money PBS will be losing is what they use to broadcast shows like Sesame Street to rural, underserved areas. Kids in large cities will probably still see Big Bird on large PBS affiliates, but most likely kids in Missouri, parts of Oklahoma and Kentucky won't, I suppose that's ok with you? Maybe the people in those areas should have 'planned better' so they could afford to live in NYC so their kids could watch PBS, huh?
Did you read the link that I provided? Big bird has been on HBO since 2015, so your Big Bird example was fake news.

Where is your link regarding what it costs for President Trump to stay in Washington, compared to Florida.

Here's a link....and it still doesn't bother me.

http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/in...nt_donald.html

Here is a link regarding federal funding for NPR....http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...s_funding.html

I am far less bothered with President Trump and his family traveling to Florida than I am paying to clean up after protestors, and having to pay to imprison and deport criminal illegals. Not to mention the other Gov't programs illegals participate in.

This indignation over every Presidential decision has gotten ridiculous. It is self-serving, and redundant and seldom based on anything beyond emotions.

Last edited by JanND; 03-18-2017 at 08:01 PM..

Old 03-18-2017, 07:55 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,207,148 times
Right Wingers sitting around with not a word to say, and this man is ABUSING Air Force One as if its his personal Toy. IT IS FOR OFFICIAL BUSINESS, AND IT CAN BE USED FOR "ANNUAL VACATIONS" .,.. it is not for "Weekend Get Away's" to go and play like he is some New King Of America.

It's best for America and the American people if he does not last a year in office..... along with him, his entire cabinet needs to be gone.

I hope the Intelligence Community and the Media can uncover enough stuff to strip him of everything, and lock him away. The best thing for America is for the facts to hit the table, Try him for TREASON, SUBVERSIVE ACTS and Engagement and Find the Means to Prosecute him as one of the World All Time "Money Washers".... so there is enough charges that he never gets out of jail, and his properties are seized. "No Bail" !!!!
The Information is out there, and the quicker the Intelligence Community and the Media can uncover it and get it structured to charge him officially, the better for this nation.

It's an insult to America to have let this get this far and go on this long. IF the Republican don't do something to help get this man out of this position and into a jail cell, then they should be voted out of every office wherever a republican is listed to exist.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 03-18-2017 at 08:13 PM..

Old 03-18-2017, 07:59 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,785,304 times
Quote:
Did you read the link that I provided? Big bird has been on HBO since 2015, so your Big Bird example was fake news.

Where is your link regarding what it costs for President Trump to stay in Washington, compared to Florida.

How much does President Donald Trump's travel and protection cost taxpayers? | AL.com

I am far less bothered with President Trump and his family traveling to Florida than I am paying to clean up after protestors, and having to pay to imprison and deport criminal illegals. Not to mention the other Gov't programs illegals participate in.

This indignation over every Presidential decision has gotten ridiculous. It is self-serving, and redundant and seldom based on anything beyond emotions.
With proposed PBS cuts, three times

Sesame Workshop, which produces “Sesame Street,” inked a five-year HBO deal in August 2015, making episodes available first on premium cable and free on PBS nine months later, the New York Times reported at the time. It began airing on HBO Jan. 16, 2016.

I don't think most of the poor have HBO, but the kids can watch the reruns on PBS.

Old 03-18-2017, 08:02 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,207,148 times
Quote:

How much does President Donald Trump's travel and protection cost taxpayers? | AL.com

Here is a link regarding federal funding for NPR....Articles: How Public Is NPR's Funding?

It not bothering you, tells its own story!!!!!!

Old 03-18-2017, 08:21 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,131,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
It not bothering you, tells its own story!!!!!!
Yeah....it's my opinion....Just like your opinion is yours. Even with 6 exclamation points, No news here. Just adding my opinion to the discourse of an opinion thread.

Read the article I posted above....only 5.6% of the budget for NPR is provided by the combined local, state and federal funds. So, how much is really being cut if my Federal tax dollars aren't being used for NPR. People need to get some perspective. You make financial decisions based on economics, not emotions.

Last edited by JanND; 03-18-2017 at 08:35 PM..

Old 03-18-2017, 08:33 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,376,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
If Obama can go golfing as much as he wants, then Trump can go to Mar-a-lago as much as he wants. Trump's trips are getting costly because liberals want to assassinate him.
Umm..no. They're getting costly because....well, because...they're costly. Trump will exceed the 80 million dollars obama spent on vacations during his entire 8 years in office in just a matter of months. He's already at 15 million by taking every weekend off
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies