Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2017, 08:36 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times

Advertisements

Some truth to the fact Trump can do what he wants...and he will.

BUT...truth is -- he criticized Obama for taking ANY vacation.......there is a video where he mocks any President that would want to leave the White House.

He can't even get his wife to move in. Ironically -- families move their kids across country all the time for jobs -- not because they campaigned for the privilege but because they have no choice -- they have to go where the job is. Military families move their kids every two years....but our beloved President can't move his son to Washington DC -- even with the best resources available.....because it would be disruptive.

He mocks all of you and me too....and we just sit there grinning and saying -- he can do what he wants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 08:50 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
https://twitter.com/mattmfm/status/843187579130449920

Old 03-18-2017, 08:58 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
He is saving this country tens of billions...

Don't believe all of the hateful and anti-American ideology you hear on CNN all day...
No one watches tv news all day except for old people. Most of us catch ten minutes of it, and get the rest of our news online. If you watch Fox News or MSNBC, you are probably an old person.

Go plant some flowers and cuddle some infants at the hospital as a volunteer. You will be happier for it.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:17 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I find these threads about Trump going to FL just hilarious. After all the crap that Obama pulled as POTUS, it just seems so

When the most the libs can come up with is that President Trump and the First Lady are going to FL again, you know we have a winner in the White House!

So, yes, Trump is doing a great job and there is no way to point a finger and say he isn't without looking just plain silly!

Go Trump! Consumer confidence is up, up and away! Illegals being deported everyday! Yes, yes, yes!

For those that haven't been to FL, it is very nice there in the spring. If I could get away to go, I would go too!
You obviously don't understand the costs of his trips since you find it hilarious. He has cost taxpayers more in his first months in office than Obama did in a year. Our president should be cognizant what his travel costs us. Why can't he go to Camp David like every other president has done. Oh because, it's beneath him....too rustic. The mayor of Palm Beach is considering raising taxes or cutting services because Trump's frequent visits are costing a fortune in overtime for the police force. Do you think that's hilarious that these citizens have to pay more to accommodate Trump. I can assure you, they are not laughing.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:32 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I'd say right now they are at $12 million just for the Fla trips. God knows what Melania's NYC lifestyle is costing--many millions more. Then there are the kid's trips with the entourages and SS guys. And this is only week eight. Maybe a math wiz could jump in and give the calculation for what the Royal Trumps will cost for 4 years. I don't think the US can afford them.

But it's ok. All of the lower income voters of his don't mind at all, even as he strips them of their health care, health insurance and benefits.

Don't forget - in the famous words of Trump - "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot people, and they would still vote for me." Probably the only thing he hasn't lied about.
it's been widely reported that it costs a million a day to protect Melania and barron at trump tower. So going by that calculation that's 58 million so far, if Melania flew back to nyc the day Trump was inaugurated. His trips to mar a lago are going to cost 3 million each time. So that is 72 million in unnecessary costs just for those two. His son, Eric has racked up $100,000 as of last month, on his trips to Uruguay to promote Trump businesses.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:59 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,240,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post

How many millions blown is that? Can't he just hang out closer to home somewheres? How is there no limit to the amount of travel expenses a president uses up? Everyone else is the country have to watch their expenses outside government
Still think Trump should rent out the White House to some Russians and set up his offices in a more friendly city that doesn't want to kill him.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:01 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
No one watches tv news all day except for old people. Most of us catch ten minutes of it, and get the rest of our news online. If you watch Fox News or MSNBC, you are probably an old person.

Go plant some flowers and cuddle some infants at the hospital as a volunteer. You will be happier for it.
I'm thrilled Trump won... you must be mad, all you do is act like a baby

Old 03-18-2017, 10:04 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
it's been widely reported that it costs a million a day to protect Melania and barron at trump tower. So going by that calculation that's 58 million so far, if Melania flew back to nyc the day Trump was inaugurated. His trips to mar a lago are going to cost 3 million each time. So that is 72 million in unnecessary costs just for those two. His son, Eric has racked up $100,000 as of last month, on his trips to Uruguay to promote Trump businesses.
A million a day to have 20 guards making 40 bucks an hour... it costs 20 grand a day tops. A million if you hire Lady Gaga to perform for them 8 hours a day while they stand there. You cry babies will believe anything. A million a day? 20 k tops.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:06 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Did you read the link that I provided? Big bird has been on HBO since 2015, so your Big Bird example was fake news.
Where is your link regarding what it costs for President Trump to stay in Washington, compared to Florida.
Here's a link....and it still doesn't bother me.
How much does President Donald Trump's travel and protection cost taxpayers? | AL.com
Here is a link regarding federal funding for NPR....Articles: How Public Is NPR's Funding?
I am far less bothered with President Trump and his family traveling to Florida than I am paying to clean up after protestors, and having to pay to imprison and deport criminal illegals. Not to mention the other Gov't programs illegals participate in.
This indignation over every Presidential decision has gotten ridiculous. It is self-serving, and redundant and seldom based on anything beyond emotions.
You are a true believer, there is absolutely no sense in trying to argue with you. I hope that you don't take it too badly when you finally realize what 'dear leader' is all about, and it's not about benefiting you or keeping his campaign promises

Old 03-18-2017, 10:11 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,698,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
A million a day to have 20 guards making 40 bucks an hour... it costs 20 grand a day tops. A million if you hire Lady Gaga to perform for them 8 hours a day while they stand there. You cry babies will believe anything. A million a day? 20 k tops.
$20,000 a day so that Melanie doesn't have to sleep with the pig she's married to is still too much. I don't blame her, you understand, but she should pay for it herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies