Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 11:59 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times

Advertisements

So TrumpCare is DOA. That moves the tax cut for the wealthy down the road, and the infrastructure programs off the screen.

And yet people still come out for rallies to worship the Donald. Human behavior sure is interesting.

The Donald has treason issues hanging over his head, slander suits should Obama wish to press the issue (he won't because he is a decent guy, but if The Donald continues, he might just do it to shut him up), zero legislative successes, travel ban tied up in court, hundreds of sexual discrimination law suits, hundreds of contractor law suits, and April 21st when The Donald needs to reply in court to the issues surrounding Emolument and Impeachment charges.

Truly, our system might work slowly, but it really does. Can you imagine waking up in the morning and having al of that hanging over your head, not to mention that in two months you have pizzed off of closest allies, your wife refuses to live with you, and your health is so bad you can hardly climb a set of stairs.

The Donald pretends that he is above it all. Arrogance. Let's see how strong he really is, or will we find him sitting in the corner some morning, tears running down his jowls, and no idea where he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 12:00 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
WV was a blue state for a long time it's the Democrats fault they lose people. They refuse to accept the fact their party is garbage now and learn from their mistakes. No one even talks about coal that much anymore to be honest it's all oil and gas now. It just seems to be a thing for politicians more than anything. I don't think very many people believe coal can come back to where it was 30 years ago.

Last edited by wanderlust76; 03-21-2017 at 12:09 PM..

Old 03-21-2017, 12:15 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,786 times
Hardly a surprise and Trump never did and never will care about these folks. Besides that coal is dead in the water as a major energy source and has been for sometime, as it is no longer cost competitive with gas, wind, or solar.

Trump knew and knows all this but it didn't stop him from doing what he does best, lie!
Hopefully next time around these coal country folks, will vote their interests and not their emotions.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:16 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Dems could have done better.
No argument there, but mostly as pertains to the form of the message. The substance would have had to remain.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:21 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post

The Donald has treason issues hanging over his head, slander suits should Obama wish to press the issue (he won't because he is a decent guy, but if The Donald continues, he might just do it to shut him up), zero legislative successes, travel ban tied up in court, hundreds of sexual discrimination law suits, hundreds of contractor law suits, and April 21st when The Donald needs to reply in court to the issues surrounding Emolument and Impeachment charges.

Truly, our system might work slowly, but it really does. ...
Fingers crossed.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:22 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,797,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Hardly a surprise and Trump never did and never will care about these folks. Besides that coal is dead in the water as a major energy source and has been for sometime, as it is no longer cost competitive with gas, wind, or solar.

Trump knew and knows all this but it didn't stop him from doing what he does best, lie!
Hopefully next time around these coal country folks, will vote their interests and not their emotions.
I disagree he just wrote some checks that he can't cash...he should have just said he will try and do what he can for the coal industry, not promise to bring back tens of thousands of jobs. The only way that could happen is if we started exporting coal somewhere like Australia does.

Why would they vote for Hillary the war on coal witch over Trump anyway?

Like I said DEmocrats refuse to blame themselves for their losses. It's all what the other guy did.

It's like a sports team that loses and blames the refs. Every time I see Democrats whining that's the analogy I think of.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:31 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,456,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I disagree he just wrote some checks that he can't cash...he should have just said he will try and do what he can for the coal industry, not promise to bring back tens of thousands of jobs. The only way that could happen is if we started exporting coal somewhere like Australia does.

Like I said DEmocrats refuse to blame themselves for their losses. It's all what the other guy did.

It's like a sports team that loses and blames the refs. Every time I see Democrats whining that's the analogy I think of.
maybe they would vote for Hillary b/c she wanted to find other means of employment and retraining so these people could re-enter the workforce and provide a safety net in the meantime; instead they voted for a huckster who lied his face off promising what the rest of the world already knew was impossible. So when Trump doesn't bring back coal and at the same time cuts their Medicaid, disability, and other social safety nets, will they still blame Hillary the witch? or will it be the muslims? or the Chinese? or the globalists? or the libs? Noticing a pattern here...and you're saying liberals are the whiners??

Last edited by Metsfan53; 03-21-2017 at 12:56 PM..

Old 03-21-2017, 12:37 PM

18,489 posts, read 9,149,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Besides that coal is dead in the water as a major energy source and has been for sometime, as it is no longer cost competitive with gas, wind, or solar.
Coal is far, far cheaper than wind and solar.

Coal use is declining (for now) due to cheap (for now) natural gas, not wind and solar.

Yes, coal is a bad long-term career path, but mainly due to automation and black lung. Coal will be back as soon as we run low on "cheap and abundant" natural gas.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:38 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
The war is over, coal lost. The writing is on the wall - for the next many decades, coal will be relegated to being the back-up supply for the new players on the field. The rest of the world is moving on - even freakin' China is working on giving up their coal habit. I know the Republican like the 1950s, but - they're not coming back. Neither is acid rain and hopefully we'll have fewer black lung cases as well.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:43 PM

763 posts, read 379,071 times
Quote:

If we start exporting coal like Australia? We already export a large amount of coal, especially metallurgic coal. The ports at Norfolk are where much of WV coal goes to be exported. China and India have been the biggest consumers of US coal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies