Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 09:40 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
http://www.vox.com/energy-and-enviro...t-coal-country

“I am disappointed that many of the reductions and eliminations proposed in the President’s skinny budget are draconian, careless and counterproductive,” said Rep. Hal Rogers, a senior House Republican from a key coal-mining district in southeastern Kentucky.

Lmao, that's what you get for voting for a guy with a gold toilet.
He didn't realize he was voting for Bannon and Princess Ivanka. Surprise!

The Orange Fool on the Hill just babbles. There is nothing inside of his head other than his bottomless ego.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2017, 09:41 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Oh I don't know the democrats are the key for ousting His Orangeness in 2020. Much will lie upon DT and his handlers holding together the particular, unusual and surprising circumstances of 2016 in order to beat down a GOP challenger in the primaries.

You just *KNOW* one or more republicans are going to challenge DT in 2020 primary race. That is a given, end of story. Question will be who, how many and if the GOP has learned from past mistakes.

If as in 2008, 2012 and 2016 the GOP primary process is a nasty, drawn out and crowded field that draws everyone and their father or mother, His Orangeness might just win by default and of course the power of being an incumbent POTUS. The 2016 race was an embarrassment as you had several canidiates that didn't stand a snowball's chance in Hades of ever winning the general election.

On the DNC side much will depend upon the mood of nation and outcome of DT's policies and actions to date. Democrats are going to also need to field a candidate that goes beyond identity politics and speaks to the demographics that cost them the 2016 race; in short whomever chooses to run cannot be from the same elite liberal/left/progressive (and often North East or West Coast) like the Clinton woman and Obama. Choosing a minority for the sake of doing so be it another African-American, Latino-Hispanic or even woman would be a mistake as well.

Democrats need to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty in the vast stretches of land in the USA between the north east and west Coasts; what is commonly referred to as "flyover" country.
I agree 100%. Looking at the current Democratic Lineup in the Senate (snowball's chance in hell any Democratic House member has a chance), the only guy that COULD, in theory assuming he wins re-election in 2018, pull some weight would be Jon Tester of Montana. The guy's a music teacher and a farmer in his private life. That's as non-elitist as you can get. He's basically my kind of guy. Economically center-left, center to center-right socially, NRA loves him, and opposes illegal immigration. No scandals or skeletons in the closet to speak of. He pretty much sounds like an old school Northern Plains Democrat

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 03-17-2017 at 09:49 PM..

Old 03-17-2017, 09:43 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
http://www.vox.com/energy-and-enviro...t-coal-country

“I am disappointed that many of the reductions and eliminations proposed in the President’s skinny budget are draconian, careless and counterproductive,” said Rep. Hal Rogers, a senior House Republican from a key coal-mining district in southeastern Kentucky.

Lmao, that's what you get for voting for a guy with a gold toilet.

Anyone who knows anything about groups like Appalachian Regional Commission and any supposed Economic Development Administration group knows what the key players (legacy seeking fat cats, AKA rich people) in these groups do and that is fatten THEIR OWN wallets in the name of helping others.

This is a fact known by people who have played the politics game long enough to see the pedigreed names that appear on the boards or top positions of such groups. The complaints Rep. Hal Rogers received were from these fat cats and people who hold positions in the ARC and the US EDA and NOT from his area constituency. Think I'm kidding? Try getting a one on one sit down with your representative if you aren't a fat cat. Follow the money. Understand the shell game they (all politicians) are playing, then be wiser than the average fool.

In this particular case The ARC and the US EDA see monies that support their very existence dwindling under a Trump Administration. This is nothing more than governmental organizations and NGO non-governmental organizations clawing and scratching to keep their cushy jobs of proclaiming to help the little guy, to the tune of hundreds of millions if not billions a year.

Don't be a dope who is duped by people claiming to help others when in reality they are merely helping themselves far more than anyone else. They just have a great sales pitch to people who are gullible.

THAT is politics at all levels in every nation on this planet.

President Trump IS one of those fat cats and he KNOWS the game. That is why he knows it needs to be fixed.

Look at how many people are staffed, including the top fat cats, at these two groups. Think about how much of the money these groups spread within their own groups out of that money allocated and given to them so they can help. 2/3rds is they typical GO and NGO money that goes to feeding the behemoth GO or NGO. That 2/3rds benefits the group, NOT those they proclaim to want to help. It fattens THEIR wallets.

Last edited by KS_Referee; 03-17-2017 at 09:54 PM..

Old 03-17-2017, 09:50 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,604,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
I can already see all these people playing into trump hands yet again come 2019:

"You know that man, you remember his name? Obama, that's right Obama, his term caused bigly damage to this country than we ever thought, it is massive I tell ya, we couldn't solve all the issues in only four years, but trust me okay, re-elect me into office and I will continue this HUGE project we started together to Keep America Great"
Lol 😂😂👍👍👍 I love it

Old 03-17-2017, 09:56 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Anyone who knows anything about groups like Appalachian Regional Commission and any supposed Economic Development Administration group knows what the key players (legacy seeking fat cats, AKA rich people) in these groups do and that is fatten THEIR OWN wallets in the name of helping others.

This is a fact known by people who have played the politics game long enough to see the pedigreed names that appear on the boards or top positions of such groups. The complaints Rep. Hal Rogers received were from these fat cats and people who hold positions in the ARC and the US EDA and NOT from his area constituency. Think I'm kidding? Try getting a one on one sit down with your representative if you aren't a fat cat. Follow the money. Understand the shell game they (all politicians) are playing, then be wiser than the average fool.

In this particular case The ARC and the US EDA see monies that support their very existence dwindling under a Trump Administration. This is nothing more than governmental organizations and NGO non-governmental organizations clawing and scratching to keep their cushy jobs of proclaiming to help the little guy, to the tune of hundreds of millions if not billions a year.

Don't be a dope who is duped by people claiming to help others when in reality they are merely helping themselves far more than anyone else. They just have a great sales pitch to people who are gullible.

THAT is politics at all levels in every nation on this planet.

President Trump IS one of those fat cats and he KNOWS the game. That is why he knows it needs to be fixed.

Look at how many people are staffed, including the top fat cats, at these two groups. Think about how much of the money these groups spread within their own groups out of that money allocated and given to them so they can help. 2/3rds is they typical GO and NGO money that goes to feeding the behemoth GO or NGO. That 2/3rds benefits the group, NOT those they proclaim to want to help. It fattens THEIR wallets.
Quote:
Since its creation, ARC has helped cut the number of high-poverty counties in Appalachia from 295 in 1960 to 91 today, reduce the infant mortality rate by two-thirds, and double the percentage of high school graduates. Over the past five years, ARC programs have helped create or retain over 101,000 jobs in Appalachia through projects that include entrepreneurship, education and training, health care, telecommunications, business development, and basic infrastructure. Grants during that period have leveraged almost $2.7 billion in private investments.
https://www.arc.gov/research/researc...?REPORT_ID=113

Old 03-17-2017, 09:58 PM

763 posts, read 379,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I agree 100%. Looking at the current Democratic Lineup in the Senate (snowball's chance in hell any Democratic House member has a chance), the only guy that COULD, in theory assuming he wins re-election in 2018, pull some weight would be Jon Tester of Montana. The guy's a music teacher and a farmer in his private life. That's as non-elitist as you can get. He's basically my kind of guy. Economically center-left, center to center-right socially, NRA loves him, and opposes illegal immigration. No scandals or skeletons in the closet to speak of. He pretty much sounds like an old school Northern Plains Democrat
I agree with this. A Democratic nominee from a rural state is the way to go.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:01 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,634 times
Believe what you want. I've seen the game played at a local, county and State level. You cannot convince me that the federal level is any better. Just imagine how much better the economy would be IF the government hadn't taxed then consumed 2/3rds of that tax, just to shell out hundreds of millions if not billions to GOs and NGOs like these who also consume 2/3rds of what they get.

You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

Quote:
Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
— Frederic Bastiat, Selected Essays on Political Economy

Last edited by KS_Referee; 03-17-2017 at 10:12 PM..

Old 03-17-2017, 10:07 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
I live in coal country in West Virginia and Trump is helping us by cutting the EPA and ending some of the ridiculous liberal restrictions on coal that Obama placed.

Also, the Democrats have now become the party of abortion and illegal immigration which goes against everything we believe. They don't care about poverty in rural America, where people actually want to get back to work. The culture of welfare and government dependency and the belief in free handouts and Obamacare as a form of slavery reparations that dominates the cities (I used to live in Baltimore) is not present in rural America.

Obamacare was designed specifically to benefit the black community and illegal immigrants as a form of "racial justice" and reparation. The people who benefited from it are almost excluisvely inner city and illegal alien It takes from those of us in rural areas and gives to the inner cities and illegal alien communities and anchor babies.

Old 03-17-2017, 10:11 PM

1,805 posts, read 2,367,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom lennox 70 View Post
i live in coal country in west virginia and trump is helping us by cutting the epa and ending some of the ridiculous liberal restrictions on coal that obama placed.

Also, the democrats have now become the party of abortion and illegal immigration which goes against everything we believe. They don't care about poverty in rural america, where people actually want to get back to work. The culture of welfare and government dependency and the belief in free handouts and obamacare as a form of slavery reparations that dominates the cities (i used to live in baltimore) is not present in rural america.

obamacare was designed specifically to benefit the black community and illegal immigrants as a form of "racial justice" and reparation. the people who benefited from it are almost excluisvely inner city and illegal alien it takes from those of us in rural areas and gives to the inner cities and illegal alien communities and anchor babies.
lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo

"Obamacare as a form of slavery reparations"

OMGGGGGGGGGGG

Old 03-17-2017, 10:17 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user491 View Post
I agree with this. A Democratic nominee from a rural state is the way to go.
I triple that. But not to go with a Dem just because they're from a rural state. He/she needs to be able to bridge the gap between groups who "identify" differently, but belong to the same economic strata. And be blunt about it. We've all be played to fixate on each others supposed cultural shortcomings, while big wigs and massive corporations rob us all blind of opportunity.

There's a C-D poster, a big genealogical buff, who explained that this sort of divide and conquer has been used by the powerful since the birth of this country. Residenthere2007, if you're around, love to read your take on this.

Anyway, this is good primer on how far the left has strayed from its principals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/04/o...ntry.html?_r=0

If a candidate emerges who can refuse the money-master puppet strings that can also show the inner-city single mother and the out-of-work factory worker from Kentucky have more that binds them together then separates them, then Trump doesn't stand a chance. Authentic liberal policies are good for all working Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies