Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 08:51 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Unlike tRump's involvement with the Russians, this didn't tilt the election's outcome.

No, but it is still bad! (not a trump supporter).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 09:03 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I do not refer to this one single instance of everyone lining up for Billary.

In my dreams, all politicians and parties have to adhere to the same standard. Then I am not left to answer for them when grandsons come in with 'he did it first'. It appears to me that we are likely to give more wiggle room and forgiveness to folks we agree with. Is cheating in a national political debate any worse than cheating a person of their retirement? Cheating on your wife and family? My religious book informs me that sin is sin and that i must not say any is worse than the others.

Whatever happened to being ethical?
It's clear there is none to be found with the MSM and liars like Donna Brazile. And the fact the DNC kept her on as their leader speaks to how far that party has fallen on a national basis.

They are nothing but a regional fringe party now whose supporters spend all day making up nonsense about Trump. i.e. Trump speaks like a 6th grader.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:17 AM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,609 times
Donna Brazile gives debate questions in advance to Hillary and then lies about having done so. Hillary accepts purloined questions knowing she should not have them in advance and uses them to her advantage. Where's the outrage? Oh, right, this is on the Democrat side of the political divide so everyone gets a pass. Move along, nothing to see.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:20 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,310 times
That sure took her a LONG time to admit the truth.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:21 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,729,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hillary is on televised record answering those questions as expert in her debate against Bernie Sanders. i.e. She Cheated, there is no doubt about it. The MSM knew it, and kept quiet about it too. They were busy trying to tie Trump to David Duke.

Bernie never had a fair chance. Even so, the sure gave Hillary a run for her money. In the end, the Super Delegates had to decide it for her.
And after Brazile was busted, she lied about it, called herself a "Christian woman," and claimed she was being " persecuted."

The DNC just let her continue lying and being their leader, no concerns at all. Cheat, secretly try to help on DNC candidate win over another, and then bold face lie about it.

Bernie is wuss. The DNC was actively cheating him and lying, and he said nothing.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:26 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
It's clear there is none to be found with the MSM and liars like Donna Brazile. And the fact the DNC kept her on as their leader speaks to how far that party has fallen on a national basis.

They are nothing but a regional fringe party now whose supporters spend all day making up nonsense about Trump. i.e. Trump speaks like a 6th grader.
I misunderstood. Thought this was about cheating. More like beat up on Brazile and the Ds.

Do you judge your team's players by the same standard?

Old 03-18-2017, 09:32 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Although I don't think it skewed the election, I do think Donna Brazile did a great disservice to progressives. At best, she has allowed the totally corrupt right to have a place to point to the left.

We rant and protest against people like tRump and call him out for his dishonesty all the time. Brazile has made that task harder and she should not be excused for it.

She has been stripped of party leadership - as she should be and it should be long a while before she is permitted another leadership role. We will continue to fight against not only the corruption, but also the wrong-headedness of the right, but it should not be by following their examples.

Old 03-18-2017, 09:58 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Unlike tRump's involvement with the Russians, this didn't tilt the election's outcome.

Well, yes it did. I know of at least two Bernie supporters who didn't vote simply because their candidate was steamrolled by the DNC. This incident, along with Clinton's complicity, was probably the most vivid evidence of that steamrolling.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:02 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,285,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
And after Brazile was busted, she lied about it, called herself a "Christian woman," and claimed she was being " persecuted."

The DNC just let her continue lying and being their leader, no concerns at all. Cheat, secretly try to help on DNC candidate win over another, and then bold face lie about it.

Bernie is wuss. The DNC was actively cheating him and lying, and he said nothing.
And Hillary Clinton stood there as that leaked question was asked of her and said nothing. The least she should have done was tell the townhall debate moderator beforehand that she had been made aware of the qestion.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:06 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
What's the story though?

I never really denied it was true. It made sense. I laughed when people tried to spin it as CNN leaking the information, but the possibility of an individual actor doing this wasn't unlikely.

But so what? The debates are a joke anyway. I've never really learned anything and they're barely debates. They're poorly moderated photoshoots at best. If I want to know what Hillary Clinton believes, I look at her voting record. Her performance in a debate shouldn't be a key decision maker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies