Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 10:51 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What if it's Chocolate Milk? What about Strawberry? Does it also apply to Soy,Almond and Coconut Milk as well?
I'm so confused as to what is "racist" nowadays...

Simple, Donald Trump is racist these days.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:52 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Why are you so sensitive to what some nut says? Does Kellyanne Conway need to take your phone away too?

Old 03-18-2017, 10:54 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What if it's Chocolate Milk? What about Strawberry? Does it also apply to Soy,Almond and Coconut Milk as well?
I'm so confused as to what is "racist" nowadays...
It has nothing to do with the color or flavor of the milk. The whole discussion came about because of the fact that lactose intolerance is quite common among many ethnic and racial groups, way more so than among people of European heritage.

I don't think the food guidelines recommending dairy products are intentionally racist, but they do rather ignore reality for people who would be better off getting calcium from other sources.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:55 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Cows are Nazis.

Clearly.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:59 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
It has nothing to do with the color or flavor of the milk. The whole discussion came about because of the fact that lactose intolerance is quite common among many ethnic and racial groups, way more so than among people of European heritage.

I don't think the food guidelines recommending dairy products are intentionally racist, but they do rather ignore reality for people who would be better off getting calcium from other sources.
Northern Europeans also tend to have problems digesting dairy. As with anyone, people speak to their doctors to see what nutritional path is best for them. The federal guidelines are just that; guidelines.

In all seriousness, does anyone even know what those guidelines are without Googling it?

Old 03-18-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Cows are Nazis.

Clearly.

Ever see one salute,....just don't stand too close!

Old 03-18-2017, 11:13 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Northern Europeans also tend to have problems digesting dairy. As with anyone, people speak to their doctors to see what nutritional path is best for them. The federal guidelines are just that; guidelines.

In all seriousness, does anyone even know what those guidelines are without Googling it?
True, but not nearly in as high a percentage as some other groups. Ever wonder why there are virtually, if not literally, NO dairy products in Chinese cuisine? Or why, in many parts of the world, goat's milk is preferred over cow's milk?

The fact is, milk is the perfect food for infants, on a species-specific basis, for example, human breast milk is the best thing in the world for babies, cow's milk isn't. Once weaned, no mammal needs milk. Calcium, yes, milk, no.

And no, I am not a vegan, nor do I have any ax to grind about the evils of dairy, it's just a fact.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
True, but not nearly in as high a percentage as some other groups. Ever wonder why there are virtually, if not literally, NO dairy products in Chinese cuisine? Or why, in many parts of the world, goat's milk is preferred over cow's milk?

I just didn't realize someone could be so wrong but you are.Yes there is dairy used in Chinese cuisine as you say ,not much,but it is not bared and the reason for goat products over Cows is simple less overhead with goats than with cows smaller areas need to maintain the live stock,cheaper.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:25 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,929,893 times
Wow, the whackos that exist in America is absolutely dumbfounding. Because I'll believe everything I read on the internet....especially from a website littered with horrendous amounts of scripts and ads and from a website like 'csc media group'. It is unreal how they let any idiots behind a computer make a website that can dictate public perception.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:30 AM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Where does the lunacy end? The old saying is right: Liberalism is a mental disorder.

VIDEO: Drinking Milk Is Racist, According To Race-Baiting Leftists - C.S.C. Media Group U.S.

California State University-Long Beach’s student newspaper The Daily 49er put out an article written by Samantha Diaz, a staff writer, claiming that that the federal government, white supremacists and neo-Nazis are appropriating milk as a symbol of hate.

Ahhh.... California. That explains it.
Pay no heed to this Liberal nonsense. All just a backlash against the soda tax, which is making that sugar fix so much more costly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies