Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 11:33 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I just didn't realize someone could be so wrong but you are.Yes there is dairy used in Chinese cuisine as you say ,not much,but it is not bared and the reason for goat products over Cows is simple less overhead with goats than with cows smaller areas need to maintain the live stock,cheaper.
I'm not sure what you mean by "it is not bared." Do you mean barred, as in banned? If so, I never even hinted at such a thing. If not, would you please clarify?

I said it was rare, and in some areas, essentially non-existent. China is a big country, and I realize there are regional differences. I also understand that goats are smaller and cheaper to raise, but they have also been raised for milk in parts of the world where cattle were kept primarily as beasts of burden, yet little used for dairy products.

My goal really isn't or wasn't to argue with anyone, it was simply to point out that lactose intolerance is a thing, that it is more prevalent in some groups of people than others, and that the lower lactose content of goat's milk could account, in part, for its popularity on a global basis.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:28 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Population groups (races) differ in some important ways (like lactose tolerance). Noticing that is racist. Also, not noticing that is racist.

Old 03-19-2017, 04:52 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
I'm a white guy and I prefer chocolate milk.

I'm a white guy and I prefer white chocolate.

Decisions, decisions. I know, lets go hate on black people.

This world has gone freaking INSANE.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:09 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,166 posts, read 13,455,286 times
I thought it was anything with the term black in it that Liberals targeted, for instance blackboards became chalkboards etc.

Now it seems it's white things like Milk.

Is it still okay to drink Guinness, or is that racist as well, what about Friesian cows they are black and white, is that racist or does it embrace the whole ebony and ivory concept, although ivory is obviously not okay. I am confused, shall I go and paint myself orange like Donald just to be on the safe side or will liberals attack me for being orange.

I wish they would make their minds up as to who and what to aim their stupidity at.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I thought it was anything with the term black in it that Liberals targeted, for instance blackboards became chalkboards etc.

Now it seems it's white things like Milk.

I wish they would make their minds up as to who and what to aim their stupidity at.
Please read the articles referenced, and maybe the rest of the thread, before you assume this has anything at all to do with the fact that milk is white. It doesn't.

Old 03-19-2017, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Please read the articles referenced, and maybe the rest of the thread, before you assume this has anything at all to do with the fact that milk is white. It doesn't.
I read the article and other than milk being white and an unproven argument claiming that milk doesn't fi fight osteoporosis in black people there isn't much to them. Since when was milk ever prescribed as a treatment for Black people fight osteoporosis, and I have never heard any one make that claim. It can be claimed that milk is a good source of calcium which is important to bones but no one is suggesting anything else. I get the impression if milk was another colour non of this would be an issue.

Quote:

VIDEO: Drinking Milk Is Racist, According To Race-Baiting Leftists - C.S.C. Media Group U.S.

DumbCalifornia State University-Long Beach’s student newspaper The Daily 49er put out an article written by Samantha Diaz, a staff writer, claiming that that the federal government, white supremacists and neo-Nazis are appropriating milk as a symbol of hate.
“When you think of milk, what first comes to your mind? If you’re a millennial, you probably think of strong bones, Got Milk? commercials, or maybe eating your favorite cereal while watching cartoons on a Saturday morning.

What about racism? White nationalism? If you’re having trouble finding the connection between these institutions and milk, you’re not alone. You, along with the rest of the nation, have been so accustomed to hearing the benefits of milk that you probably didn’t even realize the subtle racism hidden in our health facts.”
This hidden racism, Diaz argues, lies within the Federal Government’s Nutritional Guidelines, where it is suggested that adults consume 3 cups of milk per day, and doesn’t mention that there are a couple of totally unproven theories that milk might not really help Black people fight osteoporosis. And that’s racist, apparently.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
I read the article and other than milk being white and an unproven argument claiming that milk doesn't fi fight osteoporosis in black people there isn't much to them. Since when was milk ever prescribed as a treatment for Black people fight osteoporosis, and I have never heard any one make that claim. It can be claimed that milk is a good source of calcium which is important to bones but no one is suggesting anything else. I get the impression if milk was another colour non of this would be an issue.
First of all, I think there is a lot of hysteria on both sides about this whole thing. But no, the problem isn't about osteoporosis. It's about food guidelines pushing milk when there are large segments of the population, particularly the non-white population, who are lactose intolerant.

If you read my earlier posts to this thread, you know that I don't think this was deliberate, but it is a problem when milk is presented as the best source of calcium to people whose digestive systems cannot tolerate it. Again, probably not intentional, but certainly out of touch with reality for many.

As for drinking milk being racist a racist act...this is the first I have heard of it. I guess it's possible that some idiot latched onto the whole lactose thing and took up milk drinking as a slap in the face, but frankly, it's hard for me to imagine the "white power" crowd being smart enough to think of that. Then again, I'm fast reaching a point where little in the way of human behavior surprises me.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
First of all, I think there is a lot of hysteria on both sides about this whole thing. But no, the problem isn't about osteoporosis. It's about food guidelines pushing milk when there are large segments of the population, particularly the non-white population, who are lactose intolerant.

If you read my earlier posts to this thread, you know that I don't think this was deliberate, but it is a problem when milk is presented as the best source of calcium to people whose digestive systems cannot tolerate it. Again, probably not intentional, but certainly out of touch with reality for many.

As for drinking milk being racist a racist act...this is the first I have heard of it. I guess it's possible that some idiot latched onto the whole lactose thing and took up milk drinking as a slap in the face, but frankly, it's hard for me to imagine the "white power" crowd being smart enough to think of that. Then again, I'm fast reaching a point where little in the way of human behavior surprises me.
You can buy lactofree milk at most supermarkets in the UK, just as you can buy gluten free products for the wheat intolerant and I have little doubt that the same is true in the US.

Problem Solved.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:42 AM

Quote:
You can buy lactofree milk at most supermarkets in the UK, just as you can buy gluten free products for the wheat intolerant and I have little doubt that the same is true in the US.

Problem Solved.
Oh, I know. You can also get goat's milk, which has less lactose. It costs a lot more, though.

Old 03-19-2017, 07:44 AM

45,375 posts, read 60,561,367 times
https://img.ifcdn.com/images/420ab226cd88f6c1320f41102282c07218d392366898848dab d13dc1bf0c23d8_1.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-19-2017 at 03:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies