Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 11:57 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times

Advertisements

LA county is set to once again raise taxes to fund another homeless program that apparently will end homelessness in the county.

Over 45,000 homeless are in the county and raising sales tax willcure the problem.

LA County voters to decide on quarter-cent sales tax to fund homeless programs

It's not the actual cost at issue but the lies by county leadership that "sell" another tax on working Americans that somehow will magically fix the next problem. How stupid does the LA county leader think of Americans? One more reason normal people are leaving California and more illegal immigrants are sneaking in for more free benefits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 12:01 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
And your solution to the problem is?

Old 03-18-2017, 12:04 PM

416 posts, read 253,357 times
This will only make their problem worse since homeless people from around the country migrate to areas with the most benefits.

But since this is funded by the California taxpayer, and I'm not a California taxpayer, more power to them. Hopefully it will reduce the homeless burden in NYC and Miami as they all run to California to cash in on those benefits. Then as those shelters become full, the California taxpayer can increase funds to pay for more shelters.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:07 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,087,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
We have different solutions but nobody should lecture their constituents that THIS NEW TAX will magically be the solution. They don't even explain how this new tax for another program will directly eliminate homelessness. Not reduce but eliminate. Lies. Democrats run another city into the ground.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:08 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Not all but much of the problem is with mental illness.....back to that in a minute.

I agree with the basic argument here. The politicians are using this to raise taxes. Period.

The solution is the solution for many of our problems. Universal Health Care where people with mental illnesses can actually get treatment.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:09 PM

3,838 posts, read 1,786,202 times
Isn't it better to have them housed verses laying about on the city streets? To me that is a much worse problem and attracts a lot of unsavory behavior.

I don't know how the average person can afford LA anyway.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
We have different solutions but nobody should lecture their constituents that THIS NEW TAX will magically be the solution. They don't even explain how this new tax for another program will directly eliminate homelessness. Not reduce but eliminate. Lies. Democrats run another city into the ground.
How will spending billions more in debt on the military going to benefit us? Is there where I argue "Republicans further running the country into the ground"?

Old 03-18-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
Isn't it better to have them housed verses laying about on the city streets? To me that is a much worse problem and attracts a lot of unsavory behavior.

The mentally ill will not simply settle down into homeless shelters.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:12 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
We have different solutions? Please provide one of your various solutions or stop complaining.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:15 PM

416 posts, read 253,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post

They don't want to live in shelters, most of them are deranged, violent and mentally ill and don't want to live with rules.

A shelter for homeless comes with rules, they only use it when it's necessary and then leave.

But I agree, I don't want to see them on the streets either. All those years of living in NYC seeing homeless people do the various from masturbating, doing drugs, defecating in public, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies