Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 05:47 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Don the Con says we lost ALL our wars anyway. He hates military that loses (his quote about McCain and GWB). So military might isn't making us "free" nor making the women or men of Afghanistan and other places free.

I agree that the Germans are now the leaders of the free world. Wasting money on military hardware is no sign of either liberty or freedom, especially when at least 1/2 of the $$ comes from debt.

Besides - if Germany wanted to they could produce a heck of a lot of weapons - including nukes - in a very short time. Part of the reason they are leading the free world is that they are setting an example by not doing so (of course, in theory they are now allowed to....but who the heck is going to enforce that?).....

Remember the well known saying "Send a German into the forest with a butter knife and he will emerge with a locomotive". If you don't understand the meaning of that....well, then, you miss the entire worldview.

Given our current trajectory, there will be a LOT of countries ahead of us in virtually every way soon. We are already #37 in health care - heck, Cuba has longer lifespans! Both the Chinese and even the Russians have more faith in their leaders and direction.

If it weren't for Silicon Valley and Boston, etc......we'd be closer to an Arab Republic (that is, all about pumping oil and gas). We do have the benefit of good farmland and ag.....

The thing about the USA is we COULD easily be SO MUCH BETTER. Instead, decisions have been made which award most of our money to the top 1% and to shareholders of domestic and foreign corporations....instead of putting the citizens of the USA first.

Sounds as if you just very eloquently damned the Obama Administration for the way it ran the USA for the past 8 years.

Aren't you glad that we elected Trump to clean up Obama's mess?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 05:48 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Comrade Trump is looking very bad on the World Stage ,the only thing worse are the trumpettes trying to defend him.
Trump has single handedly lowered the international standing and prestige of the United States.

World leaders ridicule him and mock him.

Old 03-18-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Trump has single handedly lowered the international standing and prestige of the United States.

Care to give name some world "leaders" and anything they have said about Trump since he was elected?

Oh yeah I thought so.

Obama on the other hand, is openly mocked. They use him now in anti-smoking adverts.

Old 03-18-2017, 05:55 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

However; unlike the Trump, they do so privately among themselves and not spout stupidity on Twitter. Diplomacy requires a modicum of tact. Trump hasn't a freak'n clue that doesn't mean turning the boat to leeward.

Old 03-18-2017, 05:56 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Care to give name some world "leaders" and anything they have said about Trump since he was elected?

Oh yeah I thought so.

Obama on the other hand, is openly mocked. They use him now in anti-smoking adverts.
You do know Obama is no longer president, don't you?

Old 03-18-2017, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
However; unlike the Trump, they do so privately among themselves and not spout stupidity on Twitter. Diplomacy requires a modicum of tact. Trump hasn't a freak'n clue that doesn't mean turning the boat to leeward.
So you are you saying that you would rather get your information filtered through the pundits at the MSM?

Old 03-18-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You do know Obama is no longer president, don't you?
I certainly do. You do realize that I was commenting on the mess he left behind that Trump is now cleaning up. Party I was responding to described the horrible state the USA is in now. Of course it will take time to clean it up.

Bigly.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:04 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times
Quote:
Sounds as if you just very eloquently damned the Obama Administration for the way it ran the USA for the past 8 years.

Aren't you glad that we elected Trump to clean up Obama's mess?
It's a mess the United States has been in for decades. You can't blame this on Obama.

Quote:

Oh yeah I thought so.

I have no idea what world you live in. there are dozens more

https://youtu.be/ELD2AwFN9Nc

Last edited by veuvegirl; 03-18-2017 at 06:34 PM..

Old 03-18-2017, 06:23 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,480 times
Quote:

Oh yeah I thought so.

I'm sorry to burst your hard core bubble but
Trump is the butt of all jokes in Europe.

I know you will never admit it but Trump is a clown
and get's no more respect than a mentally deranged person would. Europe
has his number and it is that he is a scared little cat with a huge ego.
Trump will bring the world to world war III, you watch as I'm sure
you will be cheering on the sidelines.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:25 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
There is no leader of the free world. That nonsense didn't really surface until Obama appeared on scene and started with the One World Government crap, and as we know, the Democratic Party went down hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies