Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 09:09 AM

6,251 posts, read 5,040,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Apparently, there are over 100 judicial vacancies and Obama tried to fill over 50+ of them but was blocked by Republicans the past 2 years. I know we have 1 SCOTUS position to fill but over 100 federal judgeships?This is the first I've heard of this and it's making me incensed that this isn't getting more attention in the news.

The judicial branch is our last line of defense against the immoral and self-serving Repugs currently in the Congress and White House now. They can easily put in young and very conservative judges who can stay on for a very long long time and change our country for the worse....

Trump may get most federal judicial appointments since 1950s - Salon.com
Others can add their "Trump is evil incarnate" "Suck it up snowflakes - your girl lost" contributions to the discussion. I'll only say one thing:

I despise the fact that judges in this country make their rulings from a partisan political perspective. Liberals judges here. Conservative judges there. I voted for Trump and cannot explain in strong enough terms how glad I am that Clinton did not win the office. But "justice is blind" is a pipe dream, nobody even questions why or how we got to this point, and I think that is a stain on this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 10:42 AM

18,446 posts, read 9,073,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Working Americans are not part of the big money donors that Trump serve. Its painfully obvious that if you are not a part of the special interests and the 400 families that fund most of the political campaigns in America, you are not well served by Trump. Huge increases in free stuff for the military, massive tax breaks for the donor class, gifts to big pharma, pushing 24 million Americans off of health care, many of them rural Trump supporters, cuts in programs that feed the elderly and the destitute. This isnt an agenda for ordinary Americans.
But Trump is on the side of white, male, evangelical Christians, so who cares about economic issues? American politics is all about tribal identity.

White, male, evangelical Christians would vote for a candidate who promised to bring back the 1870s (child labor, 12 hour workdays, unsafe food & water, unsafe working conditions, $1/day pay, etc) as long as the candidate is perceived to be "one of them."

Old 03-20-2017, 10:46 AM

27,534 posts, read 15,980,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
But Trump is on the side of white, male, evangelical Christians, so who cares about economic issues? American politics is all about tribal identity.
what's with you people and race? Think tribal when you look at voting stats and get back with us

Old 03-20-2017, 10:46 AM

18,446 posts, read 9,073,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
what's with you people and race? Think tribal when you look at voting stats and get back with us
Who are "you people?"

Old 03-20-2017, 11:13 AM

27,534 posts, read 15,980,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Who are "you people?"
You freak, and other race obsessed

Old 03-20-2017, 01:57 PM

58,610 posts, read 26,924,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Apparently, there are over 100 judicial vacancies and Obama tried to fill over 50+ of them but was blocked by Republicans the past 2 years. I know we have 1 SCOTUS position to fill but over 100 federal judgeships?This is the first I've heard of this and it's making me incensed that this isn't getting more attention in the news.

The judicial branch is our last line of defense against the immoral and self-serving Repugs currently in the Congress and White House now. They can easily put in young and very conservative judges who can stay on for a very long long time and change our country for the worse....

Trump may get most federal judicial appointments since 1950s - Salon.com
And you NEVER complained when the dems had the majority of judges.

Hmm!

The word 'hypocrite" comes to mind.

Old 03-20-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I do find it concerning that one party is taking complete control of the entire country. I'd be equally worried if it was Democrats.

In my view, it's dangerous to have one party with a complete grip on the federal government. We've seen the issues with having only two parties with real power, exacerbating that further by eliminating it down to one is not going to be good.
"I do find it concerning that one party is taking complete control of the entire country."

Were you as concerned when the dems had that control?

Old 03-20-2017, 03:03 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,056,470 times
When libs claim that Trump voters must "regret" voting for him all you have to do is remind them of the Supreme Court nominations and other appointments Trump will get to make

Old 03-20-2017, 07:37 PM

56,948 posts, read 25,881,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
When libs claim that Trump voters must "regret" voting for him all you have to do is remind them of the Supreme Court nominations and other appointments Trump will get to make
Nominations are easy, confirmations are quite another story as we have seen with Garland.

Old 03-21-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Nominations are easy, confirmations are quite another story as we have seen with Garland.
And all the nominees the dems did not vote on throughout history.

And the nominees Reid and Shumer said they would NOT vote on.

The Constitution does NOT say the Senate has to vote on ANY nominee.

If you think it does, please post it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies