Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 11:54 AM

36,520 posts, read 30,856,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Do you really support deep cuts in programs that the elderly rely on for sustenance in order to fund tax breaks for Trump and his crony capitalist friends and big gifts to big pharma? How does that make America great? The elderly can not even afford their medicine and now you want to cut these programs as well? Its savagery IMO.
You havent established deep cuts. You havent established the elderly rely on Meals on Wheels. You havent established cuts to the block grant program or any other tax cuts are funding tax breaks for anyone much less the President and his friends.

At this point your just making stuff up like some of the other wack a do liberals. You know what else I heard Donald Trump abuses animals because he doesn't own a dog! You guys are hilarious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Suicide rates among lefties since trump won?

Old 03-20-2017, 11:57 AM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
There does appear to be untreated mental illness among a section of the population.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:03 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
How I love listening to the soothing pop-pop-pop of leftist heads exploding while I sip on sweet liberal tears and melted snowflakes.

As long as the looney left is hysterical ... we can rest assured that President Trump is doing all of the right things.
So you admit taking pleasure on the perceived misery of others? Do you enjoy plucking the wings off butterflies too?

Old 03-20-2017, 12:03 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
As Trump has presented his budget, which calls for drastic cuts to programs that give the poor elderly food on the table and heating assistance so they dont starve or freeze to death, while also making massive cuts to health care for rural elderly folks, how will the elderly in America fare? This should concern all of us, as this budget is really devastating for the people we should really lift up in America, not punish in order to fund tax breaks for the billionaire class who is doing phenomenally well.
grow up. us elderly people will do just fine thank you. we might have to tighten our belts a bit now and then, and perhaps watch our money a little more, but then we have been doing this for 55+ years anyway. remember that we raised children on tight budgets, including sending them to college, bought houses, cars, food, etc.

and if those of us that are able need to supplement our incomes, we can always get part or full time jobs as needed. we are far more capable than you young whippersnappers give us credit for. and yes we might just work at mcdonalds, its called opportunity. you might see it as a four letter word called WORK. i know i am probably cussing at you, or so you might think, but trust me it happens everyday in this country.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:06 PM

23,973 posts, read 15,078,314 times
I have been married to a man who was born with sever ADHD for over fifty years. He retired when he was 52. I married him for life but not for lunch every day. Sometimes he gets a job, kinda like missionary work.

Ten years ago he took a job with a federal and state tax funded, state run-through local outfit that did weatherization on homes of elderly indigent. They also got a big bump in stimulus funding.

He inspected houses to see if they needed windows, HVAC, insulation, new doors and a lot of caulk and if it would do any good. The homes he inspected came from the list of people who qualified for utility payment assistance.

I promise you at least 1/2 of the people who qualified on paper had others living with them who had good jobs. Usually their kids or grandkids. They should never have been getting services due to household income.

Then the stimulus money came along. The only way they could spend it fast enough was put in new HVAC, windows, doors in apartments that rented to low income people. The result was huge free property improvements for slum landlords.

When DH was told by one landlord his aunt was on the board of the NGO that decided who got the improvements the chit hit the fan. DH started a brouhaha and was promptly fired. The people who run the program for the State are no better.

I am no fan of POTUS Trump. But I wish him every success in stopping this stuff.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:11 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Excellent examples of out of touch thinking and lack of ability to follow actions through to logical conclusions. Thanks ladies or gents. We need to have concrete examples of the right's inability to think about consequences to actions.
Some indication of The Left's understanding of the budget process would help.

A budget has been proposed. Lefties jump off roofs.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:12 PM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I have been married to a man who was born with sever ADHD for over fifty years. He retired when he was 52. I married him for life but not for lunch every day. Sometimes he gets a job, kinda like missionary work.

Ten years ago he took a job with a federal and state tax funded, state run-through local outfit that did weatherization on homes of elderly indigent. They also got a big bump in stimulus funding.

He inspected houses to see if they needed windows, HVAC, insulation, new doors and a lot of caulk and if it would do any good. The homes he inspected came from the list of people who qualified for utility payment assistance.

I promise you at least 1/2 of the people who qualified on paper had others living with them who had good jobs. Usually their kids or grandkids. They should never have been getting services due to household income.

Then the stimulus money came along. The only way they could spend it fast enough was put in new HVAC, windows, doors in apartments that rented to low income people. The result was huge free property improvements for slum landlords.

When DH was told by one landlord his aunt was on the board of the NGO that decided who got the improvements the chit hit the fan. DH started a brouhaha and was promptly fired. The people who run the program for the State are no better.

I am no fan of POTUS Trump. But I wish him every success in stopping this stuff.
So screw the other half who need it because someone else might take advantage.
They are targeting heating assistance too.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:12 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,281,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
So you admit taking pleasure on the perceived misery of others? Do you enjoy plucking the wings off butterflies too?
Butterflies are a higher form of life than Democrats, and so they rarely commit suicide.

Old 03-20-2017, 12:20 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,960,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So screw the other half who need it because someone else might take advantage.
They are targeting heating assistance too.
That type of logic is just way too pervasive among the right. "I know some person who cheated the system, lets cut the whole program and watch millions suffer".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies