Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 04:41 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Didn't know that. I've never used WIC. I just know single mothers get it.
WIC has pretty high thresholds for an assistance program. I know quite a few two patent households who have qualified for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 05:00 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The women I've known who had 5+ kids are either Mormon or Catholic in a solid marriage.

The women on benefits I've known with numerous children often demonstrate poor judgement in trying to build a relationship with various men by having children with them. They are trying to get the support of the men, not the government.
Inadvertanly, they do end up getting support for these kids by the taxpayer and they know it.

Old 04-15-2017, 05:20 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,378,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Has anyone actually seen more than one family of 5+ kids, NOT on YouTube, and they were on welfare? I haven't seen any, and that seems to be a stereotype perpetuated by Reagan in the 80s that hasn't died down. If you disagree, then let us know

Adding to that, I've never seen anyone with EBT buy lobster tail or king crab on food stamps. Anyone else also seen that? Allegedly
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
Where do you live?
Yeah, I'd like to know that too. It would help to put their post in perspective wouldn't it? I don't know why some people insist on being so secretive about where they live. We don't want their street address for heaven's sake, but a general region would help us understand how they feel as they do.

Old 04-15-2017, 05:31 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,551 times
I was behind a young, white woman with a loaded cart and said something like "That's a big crew your feeding." She replied "The Good Lord has blessed us with 6 children so far." I would guess that she was maybe 26 at the oldest. It was only then that I realized she was wearing a long sleeved dress that came down to her ankles on a warm summer day. She belongs to one of the fundamentalist sects around here. She did have a smart phone. Once she had finished unloading her stuff out came the government benefit card. I will say that she had no junk food.

I only had a few items so was out the door not long after her and she was at a newish looking minivan. There was another adult woman in the van along with lots of kids.

I volunteer at our local community farm and food bank and she comes there regularly to get basic staples plus plenty of fresh veggies and fruits each week.

The vast majority who come on my day there are elderly, often with canes, walkers and some in wheel chairs.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:55 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
The only woman like that that I know is Octomom. And I only know her from tv.

Old 04-15-2017, 07:59 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
This cow's chirruns

Making America great, one earned income credit at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZlNBvAFH5Q

Old 04-15-2017, 08:09 PM

1,225 posts, read 605,399 times
A lady in my apartment complex has one baby and lives with 4 people was arrested for EBT fraud of about $15k (she told everyone) about a year ago. I believe the state settled.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:11 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
I saw it once or twice so it must be. ARE YOU KIDDING ME

Old 04-15-2017, 09:34 PM

14,766 posts, read 8,093,254 times
No the Welfare Queen nowadays sits in the Oval Offices, makes up outrageous lies and crazy tweets, is a billionaire
and Quite Orange.

Old 04-15-2017, 09:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The only women I see with 4 or 5 trailing kids are upper class whites.

I don't grocery shop during school holiday times due to having to dodge kids running amoke while the clueless parent blocks the aisle while she talks to a friend or shops.

Happened today at Costco. Had to go to pick up glasses. Spent time tripping over the same 2 idiots with 4 or 6 kids each, playing tag in the aisles?
Upper class? That sounds more "lower class" to me, a person letting their kids run loose like brats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies