Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 07:37 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
What about free speech again?
what about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 07:50 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
I don't know who she is, but she looks very nice.

Old 03-21-2017, 08:09 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
oh gee another liberal who doesnt understand what the first amendment actually says, and who it actually applies to.

does she have the right to express her opinion? yes she does, but if her employer deems it harmful to the company, then they have the right to punish her as they see fit.

the government cannot punish you for exercising your free speech rights. the first amendment is a limit on GOVERNMENT. perhaps if you had read the constitution, and understood it, you would have realized this before making inane comments.
The one problem isn't Beck Libertarian? Don't Libertarians believe as long as it is not hurting them, then everything is okay?

I believe Beck got fired from a show, because his viewpoint wasn't exactly align with Conservatives. Beck's show was started because he held a different viewpoint, now he wants to make an example of Lahren, when he should be discussing this with her. After all, isn't this also a Libertarian view to give others a chance to explain their viewpoint.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:35 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
LOLOL

First of all, its a private company. They can suspend anyone who doesn't carry their brand the way they see fit. Secondly, even though I agree with her stance on abortion, I can't stand the woman so I'm not shedding any tears for her. She's a mean spirited, pompous tool of the right.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:38 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Tomi gets a bad rep because of the clips they always show of her on Facebook that are clipped and edited.

She sounds like an idiot sometimes, but women like her are needed in the future.

She always gets a bad rep for comparing BLM with the KKK, but heck, I'm black and I agree with her.

She's going to be fine and come out WAY better than Glenn Beck's crappy little network. Glenn Beck is crazy anyway. She's a modern conservative, and I see nothing really wrong with that. I rather see her than to see the zillion Ana Kasparian's of the world. "I'm F'IN BETTER THAN YOU!" all the time.

She'll probably end up on Fox or something along those lines. I just hope she doesn't join the View, but it's a good platform for her to gain national attention.

I've watched a few of her shows and I saw her on Trevor Noah. The woman is a pretty little mouthpiece for the Blaze. Please don't act as if she is being unfairly presented in the media. She does it to herself.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:41 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
She should know better, but if conservative media keep hiring not the brightest young women just for looks, they will get the entitlement empowerment attitude along with it.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:41 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post

I've watched a few of her shows and I saw her on Trevor Noah. The woman is a pretty little mouthpiece for the Blaze. Please don't act as if she is being unfairly presented in the media. She does it to herself.
You mean, the episode where Trevor Noah just talked over her?

BTW, when you're using Trevor Noah at any point in your argument....you already lost all credibility. That dude is a race-baiting moron.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
I am pro-life. I don't support her position. I have to say that I have maybe more of a problem with her working for Beck in the first place than in having an opinion that differs from mine.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:26 AM

858 posts, read 707,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I don't really like Tomi Lahren but I also think people need to realize that the vast majority of younger Republicans and conservatives tend to be supportive of gay marriage, and also of abortion in many cases. This is partly why I keep pushing the American right to move away from social issues.
I say the exact same thing. I might actually vote Republican because I do believe some of the fiscal points they point out however I cannot do so if it means the rights of gays, women and minorities are trampled on. The problem though is that these topics come up for votes. They have to vote one way or the other. The question gets asked at debates. They must have an answer.

Old 03-21-2017, 10:39 AM

15,530 posts, read 10,501,555 times
I don't even know who she is. Does Beck still own the Blaze?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies