Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you regret voting for Trump
Yes, I wish I hadn't voted for Trump 11 6.71%
No, I'm looking forward to making Russia, I mean America, great again 31 18.90%
I didn't vote for Trump and never would 122 74.39%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 09:05 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Thank you for saying that. Honestly, I appreciate it.

That's one of the very few times on City-Data I've seen a Trump supporter (I assume you're a republican?) say anything critical of Trump, even if just a brief comment about his tweeting.

Born and bread republican here but I know a trainwreck when I see one.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:06 AM

1,478 posts, read 788,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Riddle me this Batman...

If you are so sure that the government was behind 9/11 why do you support Trump's actions on banning Muslim refugees and immigrants? If our government was behind 9/11, why the need to stop Muslims from coming to this country?

(Note: I do not believe Muslims should be banned from this country either way but I find the stance on 9/11 and Muslims contradictory at best.)
What makes you think I agree with every single view of Trump? First and foremost I have never viewed undocumented Mexicans as dangerous criminals as he has. I'm very pro-Latino. But l do agree with him pertaining to simple logic and laws of economics that undocumented anyone in mass numbers will take away jobs and drive down wages of Americans at the non-skilled level.

Nonetheless, I won't attack Trump on any of it because his enemies attack him at every turn for everything, and make up lies as well.

As for the Muslim issue. The US Government used extremist Muslims. Just as they did in Libya and just as they do in Syria. They were even financing them inside Russia itself with Chechen extremist. To murder Russian children and adults.

The Einstein question you seek should be this: if Hillary and the CIA truly believed Al Qaida was this lone wolf organization, not working for the US Government, and bent on killing her, the CIA, and mass numbers of US children then why was Hillary and the CIA financing and arming them to overthrow Gaddafi and Assad?

But it is hard to control Muslim extremist when you have been arming and financing them.

So, Trump is sensible in being more cautious about mass numbers of Muslims from certain regions coming into the USA as opposed to Buddhists, Hindus, or Orthodox Christians.

Plus, a ban on the Muslim religion is not in place. I guess he is suggesting treating America the way Black-Americand treat HBCU's. They don't want a mass number of white Red Necks with Confederate shirts taking over the campuses and student body of HBCU's. But why? In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Old 03-21-2017, 09:08 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Oh, did the FBI director come out yesterday and say that the Clinton campaign was the subject of an active investigation about potential collusion with a foreign power? I must have missed that!
I'm simply happy that she did not get elected.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:10 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
There's a difference in voting for someone and truly SUPPORTING them. Lots of people voted for Clinton because they knew Trump would be far worse. Many conservatives voted for Clinton because they didn't want the Republican party permanently damaged by Trump - they decided to survive and fight another day in 2020. Unfortunately in recent years we've been forced to vote for candidates we do not truly support.
I agree that good candidates are few and far between. That being said, Hillary would have only sped up Obamas agenda to destroy America from within.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:27 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
There's a difference in voting for someone and truly SUPPORTING them. Lots of people voted for Clinton because they knew Trump would be far worse. Many conservatives voted for Clinton because they didn't want the Republican party permanently damaged by Trump - they decided to survive and fight another day in 2020. Unfortunately in recent years we've been forced to vote for candidates we do not truly support.
^^^This.

I very much wanted Sanders on the ticket. I voted for him in the primary and I know many democrats and independents who did as well.

The DNC really dropped the ball here.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:27 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Given that the Trump campaign has been under investigation since July about ties to Russia and the FBI Director outright said that some of Trump's tweets are false
People don't like admitting they were duped.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:31 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I agree that good candidates are few and far between. That being said, Hillary would have only sped up Obamas agenda to destroy America from within.
I think "destroy" is a tad dramatic.

It's not like Trump isn't well on his way to ruining the US and our relations with most other, reasonable countries.

He makes us all look like idiots.

I voted Clinton to try to avoid Trump. Period. I'm not in love with the woman, I don't worship her, and I'm fine with her not being president.

No tears, no snowflake, no need for a "safe space" or some cocoa or any of that other nonsense that right-wingers keep spewing.

I work, I own a nice home, and I take care of my family.

My husband and I pay taxes in what is close to the highest bracket in this country.

And, we are not the only people who did not vote for Trump and do not support him who aren't "lazy, mooching, libruls."

That stereotype gets so old. It's like saying all Trump's supporters are out of work hicks in rural areas.

While it is no doubt true that a good chunk were, there were also plenty who have jobs and pay taxes and live in nice homes, too.

Old 03-21-2017, 09:32 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I personally think he's wobbling down the early road of presidency like he's drunk.

But it's too early in the game to know whether Trump is ultimately as bad as many paint him to be, or as good as what I currently call the blind naive Trump followers believe he is.

It's obvious as with most president's the country is basically split on the for/against, and it's no different than with any other presidency. Trump is WAY more scrutinized due to his path to the presidency not being the typical Washington one.

Time will tell, as will the wallets of 300+ million Americans. Will the rich get richer and the poor poorer? Will business come back strong in America, and Trump's policy of internalizing the economy strengthen America's overall health? Who knows at this point.

I think it's only fair to give him the benefit of the doubt. But I liken him to a provisional bus driver. America is the bus and because he's the inexperienced driver we ALL have to watch him extra close and make sure he doesn't drive us over a cliff or off a road. So far it's a bumpy ride!

We will see how effective he is. I was hopeful at the beginning that he can turn this country around but the
more of his policies I see, the more I doubt he has the country's best interest at heart... you can also tell by who he surrounds himself with too. Scary!

Old 03-21-2017, 09:33 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
I wish we had a magic crystal ball so we could see what 2009 what would have been like if Obama had accused George W. of wiretapping his phones during the election and then the FBI director under oath said there was no evidence.

How would conservatives reacted....

Old 03-21-2017, 09:34 AM

937 posts, read 699,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
What an arrogant attitude you have towards others. How would it feel like if they said about throwing you in prison for your attitude. Have you not heard of freedom of choice in voting.
Better than having ones head in the sand where yous is. You can't see the forest for the trees.
My "arrogance" as you put it, is a only fraction of your dictators demeanor! Egotistical, power hungry anti everything that isn't for the upper class, out of control embarrassment, 100x worse than Bush Jr.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies