Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 09:34 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
If you are saying it's a dirty job, I won't argue with you but there are people who WANT to work it. If this up and coming solar industry you are talking about had blanketed WVA, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but it hasn't. In the meantime, people are without jobs and towns are turning into ghost towns. What's your solution other than welfare checks and drugs?
Are they all going to be employed now that Trump has removed environmental protections? Have they strategized on bringing other industries, increased education in those industries and become realistic toward the change the way any changing industry must do? There was a time when there were baggage handlers at the airport. Along come roller bags and the career was gone. There's not much coal left in Appalachia and what little is left is being mined through automation. Since they've been blaming the environment for their loss of jobs, what will be the excuse now that Trump has removed those protections?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2017, 09:36 PM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Trump did the right thing. Eliminate regs whose sole goal was to kill jobs, and let the Free Market play this thing out, as BO should have done.

Old 03-28-2017, 09:40 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Trump did the right thing. Eliminate regs whose sole goal was to kill jobs, and let the Free Market play this thing out, as BO should have done.
Since Appalachia treated Obama so badly and it was Obama that gave them health coverage, they deserve Trump. Let Trump take away their health coverage, tell them there's no environmental excuse and that they should be fully employed within a year since that was the excuse they used for the past eight years.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:05 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
If you are saying it's a dirty job, I won't argue with you but there are people who WANT to work it. If this up and coming solar industry you are talking about had blanketed WVA, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but it hasn't. In the meantime, people are without jobs and towns are turning into ghost towns. What's your solution other than welfare checks and drugs?
Whoa! When and where did I mention the "solar industry?" I've only shared my hands on experience with coal. This thread was solely about coal burning power plants.

All the best to you.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:07 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
Why isn't Donald stopping this? Maybe he should add some more regulations to solar and wind to keep coal jobs steady.

Old 03-28-2017, 10:19 PM

3,839 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
You'd probably have second thoughts had you worked with coal as a power plant fuel source as I have. Coal was by far the dirtiest fuel I ever worked with. Thank God I will never have to work with it again.
Thanks for sharing your experiences, its unfortunate you were treated disrespectfully by a couple posters here.

Another day of Trump signing executive orders which will further harm Americans. Rolling back environmental regulations concerning coal -----was foolish. Trump clearly doesn't care about clean air and clean water. Everything about him and his agenda is at the expense of the environment.

Old 03-28-2017, 11:27 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
That's the only goal? Funny, I thought clean air and water are important. Apparently you guys hate a clean environment.

Old 03-29-2017, 02:15 AM

34,058 posts, read 17,081,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
That's the only goal? Funny, I thought clean air and water are important. Apparently you guys hate a clean environment.
We had clean air and water before these useless regulations.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:18 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,761,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Whoa! When and where did I mention the "solar industry?" I've only shared my hands on experience with coal. This thread was solely about coal burning power plants.

All the best to you.
Do you find coal to be dirtier than 6 oil? Did you have adequate electrostatic precipitators?

Old 03-29-2017, 05:20 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,499,682 times
Quote:
We had clean air and water before these useless regulations.
No we have mercury contaminated water throughout the northeast because of coal plants in the midwest and west. We need to eliminate coal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies