Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 10:59 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,628,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
What I see in California... thanks to liberals.... is a state overrun with illegals. From Bakersfield north, the central valley is a dilapidated wasteland full of homeless people and drug addicts. The state's infrastructure is falling apart. Then you have a few fabulously wealthy enclaves like Silicon Valley and parts of LA. It somewhat resembles a third world country.

anti American, illegal alien run crap hole.... in other words... a liberal paradise

Wow, you can see all that from living in NY?

Do you have a crystal ball like the witch in The Wizard of OZ?

I live in CA, I can see snow on the mountains and flowers in bloom right outside my house.

I do agree the roads need improvement in many areas. But someone who lives in NY shouldn't be talking about infrastructure conditions.

How are all those homeless drug addicts paying for houses out in the places you mentioned? Because according to you that's all that lives in Bakersfield?

CA has issues, so does NY and many other places.

But again how does someone who doesn't even live here, and on other side of the country know so much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 11:02 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
There is no irreplaceable state. Companies would relocate. Non-seceders would relocate. Not that secession will ever happen anyway.

We would lose a beautiful coastline, though.
you do realize if the people relocated it would just mean more people the right hates in more states right? It's not like those people disappear- and I doubt Silicon Valley would head to MS or LA...

Old 03-21-2017, 11:07 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,235,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
you do realize if the people relocated it would just mean more people the right hates in more states right? It's not like those people disappear- and I doubt Silicon Valley would head to MS or LA...
My comments were not political.

However, if CA secedes, I would wager that those that are happy with the direction CA is heading (Liberals) would mostly remain while those that are not happy with the direction that CA is heading (Conservatives) would mostly leave.

Subsequently, companies would relocate based on staffing requirements, economics, political policies, etc.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:13 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,229,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Ouch. This one has got to hurt.

Yet another California company flees that state because it finds that it can no longer run its business there.

It simply costs too much money to do business in California due to policies of the Democrats which run the state.

Iconic CA Company Carl's Jr. Flees 'Golden State' for TN - Breitbart

See, this is exactly the kind of lies and and spins that the Right put forth that gives them their bad reputation.

This is like saying, "Oh, the Warriors lost another game!! They suck!!" Without mentioning that they are the winningest team in the NBA.

Carl's Jr leaving CA is such a non-news in the state that you will hardly find anyone who cares. Why? Because the CA is creating so many jobs and businesses that no one cares. Just like a team with an 80% winning percentage is not going to care about losing one away game.

California cranks out new businesses and jobs despite criticism - LA Times

Economic forecast: More businesses entering California than leaving, report finds | 89.3 KPCC

This type of spin is basically focusing on ONE single incident and tries to claim that it is the norm. Think about it, my fellow posters and readers, if CA really is in such bad shape; would the attackers and liars need to take just one single company moving away and pretend like it is such a big deal??!!!! No, they would post overall job numbers, economic numbers, and forecasts that applies to the whole state!!!!!! The reason, they don't do that is because those numbers (aka facts) do not support their lies.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:15 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,441,359 times
Wow a 3rd-tier business, second-rate burger slinger leaves CA. That'll really show the liberals!

What you morons don't realize is that for every business that leaves California, 2 start there.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:16 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,586,399 times
Why are we cheering someone's collective pain? Nashville is a great town and I get someone from Nashville cheering, but this seems more delight in other peoples' pain.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:31 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
It's really amusing to watch people sit and wait for any piece of news related to CA as an opportunity to bash liberals (and btw there are actually some conservatives in CA). They just pray for the liberal areas to fail as a reinforcement of their own warped world view.

And yet, where are the jobs? Mostly where the liberals, innovation and progress are. (Even the so-called president who just loves those rural voters in the midwest, rustbelt and south, insists on living in liberal areas rather than among his supporters).

Carl's Jr? Well--never been in one. I'm sure they are very 'iconic' though. If they can't afford CA, maybe they aren't doing that well.

CA is doing just fine, as is Massachusetts, so the liberal-haters should really look for another line of attack. If you are a high paying, talented person (and especially if you have kids needing an education) being recruited, you would probably prefer CA over TN.

Know who is not doing so fine? Those red red states. The ones whose residents bash CA.

Hey--you know what they say about Tennessee--if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere!

"...For each year since 1976, California's pace of new business creation has been faster than the U.S. rate, and often faster than Texas'.."

"...Figures from the state Employment Development Department show that California led the nation in year-over-year growth in June with 461,100 jobs added — outpacing Florida’s new 244,500 jobs and Texas, which added 171,100..."

California cranks out new businesses and jobs despite criticism - LA Times

Old 03-21-2017, 11:43 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
Carl Karcher, the founder of Carl's Jr, left the company in 1993.

The burgers, and the company, haven't been the same since then. The only thing remotely resembling the iconic Carl's Jr is the name. In-N-Out burgers are MUCH better.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:44 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,005,080 times
Why is this suddenly news? Carl's announced the move a year ago:

Latest Posts | NewsBusters

Apparently to consolidate the Carl's and Hardee's corporate functions in one building.

Note that Hardee's corporate office is in St. Louis, and it is also moving to Nashville, also announced last March:

Hardee’s moving headquarters from St. Louis to Nashville | FOX2now.com

I guess we need a new thread about Hardee's fleeing liberal Missouri.

Old 03-21-2017, 06:43 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,918,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Your right provided they can tap enough water to irrigate because without that it will revert to semi-arid waste land. As I recall the recent drought started the process in many areas along with excesive tapping of ground water to all them to get by.

But back to the topic I am surprised that Carls Jr/Hardee's is based in CA they seem so affiliated with the south...
Carls started in Ca as a hot dog stand. Merged or bought Hardees much later.

As an aside.... Carl Karcher, the founder, was a bit of a religious nut job. Pretty ironic to see the sauce dripping on boobage commercials that typify them now.

Last edited by jeffrow1; 03-21-2017 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: add
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies