Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 09:48 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times

Advertisements

Get your finances in order folks.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/4055...rump-recession
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2017, 09:54 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times
Trump is doing everything that can be done to head off the next recession, you can't blame him.

We are overdue for recession, it's up to congress now to come through with the tax cuts, and spur the economy.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:43 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
The wall street types are giving off that nervous feeling. The market jumped ahead way to fast. Now after it looks like The POTUS has a problem it is time to take some profit.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:59 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Trump is doing everything that can be done to head off the next recession, you can't blame him.

We are overdue for recession, it's up to congress now to come through with the tax cuts, and spur the economy.
can you detail what he is doing or has done to head off a recession?

seems to me Trump is against Yellen raising rates. Trump is protectionist which is perhaps a direct path to failure. Trump has no jobs bill, sixty days in. Trump's budget blows up spending. Trumps tax cuts are for the wealthy..

please tell us exactly what trump has done to support the economy? What exact steps apart from shouty word noises has he taken.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:10 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,632,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
i think Trump is a fool who has zero economic policy. His protectionism is not based on economics, it is based on fear mongering in order to maintain support within his community.

But seeking alpha is a weak site that allows any crazy fool to post rubbish. the writer has the first word of his story wrong, contrary should be contrarian, how can you take the writer seriously if they don't know the difference.

Now having said that i too believe that in this market investors should have strong cash or liquid position and should have a real exit plan in place.

we know that we have been up an upward spiral for at least 6 years now. We know valuations are rather high and we know money has been driven to our shores not due to value but merely to seek safety .

as the global economy continues to improve we may well see outflows increase. Trump's protectionist world view is likely to greatly harm our economy, my guess is that we will have a mild event that drives a major fall. But of course i am guessing.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:43 PM

4,154 posts, read 4,170,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
i think Trump is a fool who has zero economic policy. His protectionism is not based on economics, it is based on fear mongering in order to maintain support within his community.

But seeking alpha is a weak site that allows any crazy fool to post rubbish. the writer has the first word of his story wrong, contrary should be contrarian, how can you take the writer seriously if they don't know the difference.

Now having said that i too believe that in this market investors should have strong cash or liquid position and should have a real exit plan in place.

we know that we have been up an upward spiral for at least 6 years now. We know valuations are rather high and we know money has been driven to our shores not due to value but merely to seek safety .

as the global economy continues to improve we may well see outflows increase. Trump's protectionist world view is likely to greatly harm our economy, my guess is that we will have a mild event that drives a major fall. But of course i am guessing.
Trump is smart and he is surrounded himself with very smart business people.

Yes, protectionism is an issue, but the biggest issue facing this country is not protectionism, but 20 trillions in debt.

Debt can be reduced by bring our troops home but unfortunately he is going to increase the budget.

Of course, we can grow ourselves out of it. I think this is what he is trying to do by creating more jobs at home.

Another problem he is facing is the stock market is due to a correction if not a bear market. While a bear market is fine, the problem is most American has no saving. The "savings" they have is tie to the stock market. It will be blood on the street. A lot of it.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:47 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:

What is he doing specifically attempting to head off the next recession? That is other than patting himself on the back and proclaiming how wonderful he is?

Old 03-21-2017, 12:54 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Waiting on my refi on the house--- (appraisal) then I am good to go---

Old 03-21-2017, 12:58 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:

The Fed just raised interest rates. They usually do that when they think the economy is overheating. Right now the danger is inflation and labor shortages. Right now we should be paying down the debt and investing in infrastructure, all of which requires tax revenues.

When the next recession hits, that's when you lower taxes and interest rates. If you've already done that, you don't have any ammo left in your magazine.

Old 03-21-2017, 01:03 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,287 times
Wait.

Is this going to be even worse than the crash coming last November if he were to win the election?

Cause I don't think we can stand another crash like THAT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies