Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 12:06 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,900,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
what the hell does this crap even mean? Do you really believe in platitudes like this? Empty works about "freedom" that amount to nothing other than a dog whistle to work you into a lather while Ryan, Trump, and Co. pick your pocket so the upper .1% can keep a few extra bps in thier pocket? How is throwing 24MM+ people off of healthcare while giving bigger tax cuts to the wealthy "restoring liberty back to the people"? Please, move to Somalia, the govt isn't involved in your life at all over there, you'll love it...
Freedom is very important to people living in the boondocks. Get government off their backs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 12:07 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Freedom is very important to people living in the boondocks. Get government off their backs!
what freedom? what does that mean? Freedom from what? And how is that impacted from the ACA? The AHCA will have brutal consequences on rural working class...Unless you're talking freedom to die then I'm not sure what freedom is needed?

Old 03-22-2017, 12:10 PM

2,573 posts, read 3,503,431 times
Quote:
what freedom? what does that mean? Freedom from what? And how is that impacted from the ACA? The AHCA will have brutal consequences on rural working class...Unless you're talking freedom to die then I'm not sure what freedom is needed?
In America two most overrated terms that are used without thinking -

I have to have Freedom

My time is money

Old 03-22-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
No, I agree with you. I was just poking fun at stupid people who complain about silly stuff like a lack of freedom.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
No, I agree with you. I was just poking fun at stupid people who complain about silly stuff like a lack of freedom.

ah- apologies...unfortunately, it's been very difficult lately to decipher between honest satire and sheer lunacy on the POC boards.....

Old 03-22-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
ah- apologies...unfortunately, it's been very difficult lately to decipher between honest satire and sheer lunacy on the POC boards.....
No worries, sometimes the insanity on here gets too much for me to handle as well.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:20 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
no, Dems aren't adopting trickle down and they won't make America Great Again.

America was already great.

Its a shame but I thought Hillary shoulda went to the rust belt and lied like Trump. Those jobs arent coming back but most of those people refuse to hear the truth so just lie to them.
The only reason those jobs left in the first place is govt policy that favored free trade and CEOs that had zero integrity. Henry Ford willing paid his workers well and never outsourced to cheaper places. We shouldn't wall off the world but we could gain a lot of manufacturing jobs make with trade deals where everyone wins, not just China and Mexico. Many people don't have the IQ to get a college degree and are only capable of low skill jobs. Is it better to have 50k of them die of opioid abuse per year? Have 15k drug deal related homicides? Free trade isn't free when you look the at cost to society of 25% of prime age people not being able to find a job that pays a living wage.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:21 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
That's why it should be called freedumb and not freedom. Because it means NOTHING when it comes to healthcare.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:23 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
When kooky Anna is mad, you know Don is failing. Love it.

We told you that he wasn't for the working class. He's a ******. What did you expect?

Ann Coulter: Trump 'starting to look like every other Republican administration' | TheHill
Her name is not Anna, it is Ann, and she's anything but kooky. She's brilliant, a lawyer, author and syndicated columnist.

When on any program where she debates with a liberal, she always destroys them, because she knows her facts, and she knows them well.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If they let the bill get to the Senate, it will be a big embarrassment when the Senate DOA's it.

McConnell will not even bring it for a vote, because he does not have the support. It will die right there.

First, full repeal Obamacare with a clean bill. Then work on a replacement if needed, or restore all the liberty back to the people, without government deciding for you and me.
Quote:
what the hell does this crap even mean? Do you really believe in platitudes like this? Empty works about "freedom" that amount to nothing other than a dog whistle to work you into a lather while Ryan, Trump, and Co. pick your pocket so the upper .1% can keep a few extra bps in thier pocket? How is throwing 24MM+ people off of healthcare while giving bigger tax cuts to the wealthy "restoring liberty back to the people"? Please, move to Somalia, the govt isn't involved in your life at all over there, you'll love it...

so, no actual answer on this right? You'll just going on spewing your gibberish totally void of nuance and critical reasoning/logic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies