Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 02:04 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Except this isn't a "thought crime." Its legalizing sexually graphic dolls with the features of a child. I don't know if you're merely thinking about molesting a child or murdering someone unless you say so. How long before the person sick enough to want to pump a child sex doll grows tired and wants to go after the real thing? Pedophiles can't be cured.

And by legalizing it, the state is normalizing what is acceptable in some ways, which I fear could even begin to encourage/normalize such "relationships" and lead some to want to try the real thing.
You statement falls under thought crime. If the person has considered it but has not acted on it, the crime hasn't been committed. Adding criminality to the thought process is a thought crime.

Graphic media of murder and games depicting murder is legal.... btw. If we are to be worried about "normalizing" certain criminal acts, we can start with violence/murder... make RPG's of violence/murder illegal too?

Old 03-24-2017, 02:09 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,779,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
Controversial child sex dolls floated as treatment for pedophiles | New York Post

Now if we can only get sex dolls for rapists or even get them into a relationship, there will be no more rape.

Are you serious?

This is a very shallow, simplistic, and foolish view of rape.

It has nothing to do with getting "them into a relationship" with the odd subsequent logic that doing so will result in "there will be no more rape."

Rape is about power and domination. It is a sick, selfish, demoralizing, denigrating act.

It has nothing to do with the rapist being in a relationship before he/she commits the act.

So, get it straight.

Old 03-24-2017, 02:12 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,275,960 times
Over on the Virtual Reality / VIVE forums, we've had a few discussions over the past year about VR being a potential "safe" outlet for pedophiles and hebephiles (as well as would-be rapists).

Old 03-24-2017, 03:38 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Except this isn't a "thought crime." Its legalizing sexually graphic dolls with the features of a child. I don't know if you're merely thinking about molesting a child or murdering someone unless you say so. How long before the person sick enough to want to pump a child sex doll grows tired and wants to go after the real thing? Pedophiles can't be cured.

And by legalizing it, the state is normalizing what is acceptable in some ways, which I fear could even begin to encourage/normalize such "relationships" and lead some to want to try the real thing.
IT'S A PIECE OF PLASTIC!

You don't become a pedophile by humping dolls, just like you don't become a who knows fetish weirdo when you jack off into your sock when you're a teen.

Pedophiles CAN be cured from making criminal acts. The re-incarceration rate of 0% of sexual offenders in Finland proves that.

I know, it's disgusting that pedophiles hump a doll which looks like a prepubescent child. Yuck. But if it works and reduces sexual crimes, it's worth it. Because that doll is after all a piece of plastic, however disgusting it might be.

Most of you are making the argument that what if and making up horror scenarios. Like allowing pieces of plastic would be a slippery slope towards accepting pedophilia. It isn't.

Old 03-24-2017, 03:47 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,179,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Most of you are making the argument that what if and making up horror scenarios. Like allowing pieces of plastic would be a slippery slope towards accepting pedophilia. It isn't.

I think the argument being raised is that there's a chance that some might be induced to (re)turn to real children. In other words, if I were a recovering alcoholic, I don't think it would be helpful to put my coffee or coca cola in a whisky bottle, to satisfy the urge for booze. Rather, I'd prefer never to see another whiskey bottle again. Yes, the dolls might help some pedophiles, but it might have the opposite effect on others. Is it ethical to take that chance?

Old 03-24-2017, 04:08 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
I think the argument being raised is that there's a chance that some might be induced to (re)turn to real children. In other words, if I were a recovering alcoholic, I don't think it would be helpful to put my coffee or coca cola in a whisky bottle, to satisfy the urge for booze. Rather, I'd prefer never to see another whiskey bottle again. Yes, the dolls might help some pedophiles, but it might have the opposite effect on others. Is it ethical to take that chance?
That remains to be seen. I understand your point. Am I willing to experiment on this - yes.

But if you know you're a pedophile, but don't want to commit criminal acts, you could already sew a doll for yourself.

Anyway, pedophilia is not a menace. It seems that only a third of all minor sexual abuses are towards prepubescent children. IDK how it's in the US, but here the results are quite disgusting: 51% of all abuses are committed by a family member or family friend, 10% by other relatives, 10% by step-parents, 14% were jailbait cases. So we are now up to 85% of all cases, which means that only 15% are evil predators in the bushes with their trenchcoats.

If you're three times more likely to be molested, violated and raped by your own blood instead of an unknown predator, I don't see much of a market for some plastic doll.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:20 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
If an alcoholic drinks a non-alcoholic drink from a whiskey bottle and successfully uses that to keep from drinking and driving, would you still object? I certainly won't. You and I would probably never what to see a whiskey bottle again, but if it works for someone else, who are we to deny that option?

If dolls help SOME pedophiles, who are we to deny that option?

Your assertion is founded on the idea that whiskey bottle or a doll would have the opposite affect.. induce bad behavior/criminal behavior. Any studies to back up your claim? or is this speculation?

I'm not an expert in the area of study, but a quick google brings up claims with studies that state the opposite (a reduction of crime) by providing an outlet for these pedophiles.

Kinda reminds me of the whole violent game discussion. Do violent games induce violent criminal acts? If so, why are games still legal.

Old 03-24-2017, 04:22 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,959,249 times
They should load the dolls with c-4 , nails and ball bearings.. if the Pedo touches the doll in an inappropriate place..."boom"!

Old 03-24-2017, 04:36 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,179,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
If an alcoholic drinks a non-alcoholic drink from a whiskey bottle and successfully uses that to keep from drinking and driving, would you still object? I certainly won't. You and I would probably never what to see a whiskey bottle again, but if it works for someone else, who are we to deny that option?

If dolls help SOME pedophiles, who are we to deny that option?

Your assertion is founded on the idea that whiskey bottle or a doll would have the opposite affect.. induce bad behavior/criminal behavior. Any studies to back up your claim? or is this speculation?

I'm not an expert in the area of study, but a quick google brings up claims with studies that state the opposite (a reduction of crime) by providing an outlet for these pedophiles.

Kinda reminds me of the whole violent game discussion. Do violent games induce violent criminal acts? If so, why are games still legal.

If I knew a doll was going to help a pedophile keep his claws off kids, I'd order him a doll from Amazon myself. Problem is we don't know if its going to prevent, or perpetuate/aggravate the urge. I'm not saying it will, I just don't know. I can't justify taking a risk like that on an institutional level.

There's still a lot of controversy about video games too. For what its worth, I think binge video gaming is bad for kids for many reasons, but playing Grand Theft Auto once in a while is probably ok (for most).

Old 03-25-2017, 12:03 AM

153 posts, read 114,875 times
Notice how it's pretty much only men that have these issues? Even when you do her about women having sex with a minor the guys is like 16-17, and can anyone point to any time where a woman was caught having naked pictures of young children? Men are inherently as sick as they are violent!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies