Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 12:11 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times

Advertisements

So, let me get this straight.... Comey says the FBI has been investigating Trump and his campaign's ties to Russia since July, but yet, there's no evidence to support Trump's claim that he was being wiretapped / surveiled right before the election? Is it just me or do those two statements directly contradict themselves?

Are we really expected to believe that an FBI investigation doesn't have a surveillance component to it?

Trump's allegations were proven true by Comey's statements. Feel free to show what I'm missing here....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 12:12 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
So, let me get this straight.... Comey says the FBI has been investigating Trump and his campaign's ties to Russia since July, but yet, there's no evidence to support Trump's claim that he was being wiretapped / surveiled right before the election? Is it just me or do those two statements directly contradict themselves?

Are we really expected to believe that an FBI investigation doesn't have a surveillance component to it?

This really begs the question, exactly how stupid are the American people, that they are willing to believe someone who lies right to their faces?

Trump's allegations were proven true by Comey's statements.
They went through his dumpster behind Trump Tower. Of course he was wiretapped... Americans are dumb. Most can't think for themselves..

Old 03-22-2017, 12:29 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
This is the same guy who said Hillary clearly broke the law but decided not to prosecute.

Comey got issues.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:32 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
They didn't wiretap. They just got everyone's voice on a telephone recording somehow. Yep.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:19 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
This is the same guy who said Hillary clearly broke the law but decided not to prosecute.

Comey got issues.

Actually, he said no reasonable prosecutor would pursue the case, and that's true because the FBI gave all the witnesses immunity and promised to destroy the physical evidence.

Of course no reasonable prosecutor would pursue the case because the FBI deliberately destroyed everything that could be used to prove the case.

Then, after all that, Hillary's E-mails showed up on the Weiner laptop.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:22 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Actually, he said no reasonable prosecutor would pursue the case, and that's true because the FBI gave all the witnesses immunity and promised to destroy the physical evidence.

Of course no reasonable prosecutor would pursue the case because the FBI deliberately destroyed everything that could be used to prove the case.

None of the liberals have chimed in yet, and already "But her emails!"

Really?

And yes the FBI investigates lots of people without wiretapping them.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:22 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,805,229 times
I love how trump is under investigation by the FBI, and this is what people are focused on.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:11 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I love how trump is under investigation by the FBI, and this is what people are focused on.
Hillary was under investigation by the FBI but I'd bet 10:1 odds you voted for her anyway.... That moral high ground sure does turn in to quick sand in a hurry, doesn't it?

Show me something that shows the slightest bit of proof that Trump or his campaign conspired with the Russians to leak John Podesta's Guacamole recipe in an effort to swing the election, and then I'll care. Until then, it's a baseless political witch hunt.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:40 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Well even before that his findings clearly showed she broke the law.

I worded my original response poorly.

It's just that since it was Hillary the laws didn't apply. And for good measure the evidence was destroyed.

Old 03-22-2017, 03:33 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,178 posts, read 13,461,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post

Trump's allegations were proven true by Comey's statements. Feel free to show what I'm missing here....

Everyone is wiretapped, the intelligence services wiretap the entire fibre optics network including undersea cables and satellite communications. They gather more information than is held in the entire Library of Congress numerous times every hour of the day and have systems picking out anything or anyone of interest.

As for GCHQ they wouldn't dream of spying on any one.

Extreme surveillance' becomes UK law with barely a whimper - Guardian

What is the Investigatory Powers Bill and what does it mean for my privacy? - Telegraph

The UK's Investigatory Powers Act allows the State to tell lies in court - The Register

Investigatory Powers Bill officially passes into law, giving Britain the 'most extreme spying powers ever seen' | The Independent

Investigatory Powers Act goes into force, putting UK citizens under intense new spying regime | The Independent

Last edited by Brave New World; 03-22-2017 at 04:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies