Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 09:06 AM

76,990 posts, read 47,311,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Same sentiment from me. Incompetence is not a criminal offense. There is no evidence to convict or even charge him for a 'high crime or misdemeanor."
The question was not whether or not he will be impeached right now, but "will Trump be impeached". My prediction is that he will be impeached. I believe the case to impeach him will be made by the Republican party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 09:10 AM

7,801 posts, read 10,071,019 times
I don't think he'll be impeached, rather the Republicans will find a way to force him to step aside to prevent his toxicity from sinking them in the midterms. I am thinking sometime between November 2017 and May 2018.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:15 AM

11,198 posts, read 8,236,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The question was not whether or not he will be impeached right now, but "will Trump be impeached". My prediction is that he will be impeached. I believe the case to impeach him will be made by the Republican party.
I believe he will not finish out his term. I don't think it will be via impeachment, and I'm OK with that. As much as I despise the guy, I think that the fallout from impeachment would be harmful to our country.

Arguably, it would not be as harmful as leaving him in office, but my hope, and prediction is that he'll continue to lose support from within the GOP, things will get tougher and tougher for him, and he'll find a way to bow out before he is removed. A face-saver of sorts. He, or Melania will get a terrible diagnosis, or his doctor will advise he needs to step down, or something like that.

Just my prediction, based on nothing more than hope and a guess. We'll know how it turns out in 4-8 years or less.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:29 AM

8,326 posts, read 4,303,904 times
Unfortunately its not against the law to be stupid, even if you are president.

There could be a 'no confidence' motion which is symbolic but potentially laced with political consequences.

Impeachment is reserved for criminal conduct or major ethical violations.

If Trump is not a criminal, it is obvious he has no ethics. His fame or infamy so far revolves around his ability to lie.

If it comes to impeachment, I would hope he would have enough sense to resign instead.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:30 AM

28,572 posts, read 18,607,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Okay, let's just imagine he's going to whip out a gun and shoot someone next year and then be impeached.

The question makes no sense unless the assumption is that he's already committed an impeachable offense. Otherwise, it is indeed just a liberal fantasy.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:41 AM

51,580 posts, read 25,554,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I don't think he'll be impeached, rather the Republicans will find a way to force him to step aside to prevent his toxicity from sinking them in the midterms. I am thinking sometime between November 2017 and May 2018.
Likely happen when his favorability ratings drop under 30.

GOP will want him around long enough for tax breaks, Repeal and Replace, and social service cuts.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:44 AM

35,384 posts, read 20,762,276 times
the money folks gave him the hand

Wall Street Journal: Trump has sabotaged his credibility | TheHill
The Wall Street Journal's editorial board on Tuesday harshly criticized President Trump for damaging his own credibility and undermining his presidency with "his seemingly endless stream of exaggerations, evidence-free accusations, implausible denials and other falsehoods."

these are the BIG BOYS in the neighborhood- just a matter of time- impeached or- sat in a corner quiet to be an occasional puppet

Old 03-22-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Likely happen when his favorability ratings drop under 30.

GOP will want him around long enough for tax breaks, Repeal and Replace, and social service cuts.
Well, they can probably get those things more reliably from Pence.

Old 03-22-2017, 09:47 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,471,527 times
How many years are we going to keep hearing this?

Old 03-22-2017, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
How many years are we going to keep hearing this?
Well, we listened to it continually for eight years with the previous president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies