Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2017, 12:40 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,746,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have no idea, OP. I like him fine, but then I like quirky individualists. What I think is strange is that other quirky individualists, like the artsy fartsy and the show buzzers, don't like him more.

I believe he sincerely wants to make a difference for average Americans. It makes no difference to me if his motives are his own personal aggrandizement or not.

Think the Libs thought they had a toehold on the quest to ruin the country, and now they are severely threatened.
I don't understand how anyone can like him. Let alone believe he really wants to make a difference.

Trump has always been out for himself and the betterment of his appearance. I disliked him during his campaign, and now since he was elected I despise him even more.

He is representing this country by tweeting lies and falsehoods. The world is laughing at the US. Trump is every bad thing people think about America. A racist, selfish, misogynistic ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2017, 12:52 PM

624 posts, read 370,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Really? How is it irrational? NK just declared today they're ready for war with us. Trump is destabilizing the world at record pace.
Like Obama wasn't for 8 years giving millions to Iran

Old 03-22-2017, 01:11 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
One of my criticisms of Trump is that he doesn't respond appropriately to reality but personalizes that which displeases him.

Frankly, because of it's potential power I would be in favor of reinstating the Fairness Doctrine although I appreciate the danger of the phrase "in the Commission's view."

If not a "Commission," why should it be Trump who decides what does and does not have "merit"? Unfair coverage is a reality, a fact of life encountered by most politicians. Obama made a series of comments about Fox coverage. Contrast, though, the way in which the two men did it. One (Obama) was a discussion, an airing of his concern that biased coverage only increases division. The other (Trump) is a whiny personalized rant marked by hypocrisy.

Press can have a "profound negative impact on our policies, our life and our environment" - IF you let it.

A certain responsibility goes with the capability of turning on a dial or reading a line - to discern the reasonable from the unreasonable.

Frankly, I appreciate that some of the propaganda is skillful and that folks limited by time, inclination, or frankly ability may not always do this - and for that I have no solution. None at all. But do know that a mindless chant of "Fake news" from a President who himself eats it up is NOT a solution but part of the problem.
Can we not regulate the media just like we regulate civilian firearm ownership?

Old 03-22-2017, 01:34 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
The OP needs to quit Watching Fox News. They are even getting weary of his antics. Trump is a fraud. He conned his way into the White House. The man isn't fit to be president. He is making a mockery of our country and praising Russia.
Where do you figure I watch Fox News just from wanting to know people's viewpoint on why you dislike him?

Old 03-22-2017, 01:40 PM

107 posts, read 180,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I don't understand how anyone can like him. Let alone believe he really wants to make a difference.

Trump has always been out for himself and the betterment of his appearance. I disliked him during his campaign, and now since he was elected I despise him even more.

He is representing this country by tweeting lies and falsehoods. The world is laughing at the US. Trump is every bad thing people think about America. A racist, selfish, misogynistic ass.
Exactly how I would answer.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:02 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Well, that's why I made the post. I have my opinions, but I want to know yours. Not just short replies telling me that no one can "enlighthen" me. (BTW, I don't know what enlighthen means...).
As many have explained here ,Trump is the unpopular kid
in school, the one always needing to be heard and noticed.
There is no way he had many friends growing up nor as an adult because his
personality sucks up all the attention in whatever room he is in.
Crude and rude manners which at his age there is absolutely no excuse for,
one can get the same point across without being crude and bombastic.

I think in another world he would have made it far in the mafia because
imo that is how he operates. Now we have him on the worlds stage and
it is not good.

You happy now? Did this enligthen you?

Old 03-22-2017, 02:13 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
He wasn't perpetuating a false narrative. It was a legitimate concern. U.S. Constitution requires a U.S. President to be born in the U.S. Obama could have put it all to rest by providing his birth certificate.

And what makes you think he didn't? You are just another shmuk on a message board, and yet YOU know the requirements for presidential eligibility. But you assume Congress didn't think of it? Or his political opponents? Nobody asked for proof of Obama's birth in the U.S. until Donald Trump came along? Nobody does a background check on the new President? Really?

Doesn't that sound pretty stupid in retrospect?

Old 03-22-2017, 02:28 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I have no idea, OP. I like him fine, but then I like quirky individualists. What I think is strange is that other quirky individualists, like the artsy fartsy and the show buzzers, don't like him more.

I believe he sincerely wants to make a difference for average Americans. It makes no difference to me if his motives are his own personal aggrandizement or not, because he is results oriented.

Think the Libs thought they had a toehold on their quest to ruin the country, and now they are severely threatened.
Is saying idiotic things like your last paragraph really necessary? What does that accomplish? People who disagree with you are on a quest to ruin the country? Perhaps they want to save it just as much as you do. I don't see a reason for those deliberately-stupid types of remarks no matter what your political outlook.

But to address the first sentence in the second paragraph--WHY? Honestly. What specifically about this person makes you think he "sincerely" wants that? Another poster believes him to be "the most patriotic person they have ever seen."

Again, seriously, why? Because those types of statements elicit a confounded HUH??? from those of us who see a huckster, a con man, the same as he had always been seen before. Tell me please why you believe he is something different.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:32 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Honest Question: Why do people hate Donald Trump and why are they scared of him?

Hate is silly, it only saps the hater's energy and does nothing to the hated. But, spend some time researching Trump's history and you should get a pretty clear picture of why so many distrust him.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:32 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
He is a lying crook who wants a worthless wall as a monument to his bloated ego. And he is apparently intent on damaging our international relations for no reason.

I wouldn't say I hate the man, but he has no business being the POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies