Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2017, 06:14 AM

57,287 posts, read 26,206,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
If I recall, McCain was going after him, and when Trump fired back, they criticized Trump for going after a "war hero", and Trump said, "He's a war hero because he was captured? I like people who weren't captured".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k1ajHAeXMU

I get tired of people telling me that anyone who serves in the military is a hero. That if you served in any war ever, that you're a war hero. They even ramble constantly about how every single police officer is a hero. Even going so far as to say that police dogs are heroes.

Lets be honest hero, the mere act of serving in the military doesn't make you a hero. And the mere act of being a police officer doesn't make you a hero either.

The reason we worship the military and the police, is because we are told to, and attacked as unpatriotic if we don't.

Do I think McCain is a better man than Trump? I do. But that doesn't mean that I think he is a hero, nor does it mean that I want McCain to be president. I mean, I think Obama is a good man, but a terrible president.

Obama made race-relations worse during his tenure. Obama's racists in the justice department, made racial incidents, such as the Trayvon Martin affair, worse, by claiming everything was a hate-crime. In the case of Baltimore, it was a black-majority city, with a black mayor, and Obama and the other race-baiters in his administration, did everything they could to exacerbate the problem.

He should be held accountable.

Not that I agree with such a policy, but does it violate the 4th amendment? It was on the books for years and never struck down as unconstitutional.
McCain was a POW and had an opportunity to secure his own release, he refused and ended up spending several more years in a concentration camp while his body broke down. He is a hero in my book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 06:27 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Trump isn't mesmerizing parts of the population, he is speaking to them. Saying the things they are already thinking.
Trump isn't saying the things people are already thinking; he's telling people what they want to hear, regardless of the reality.

Example: Trump, during the campaign, flew down to coal country and promised to a cheering audience, "I'm going to get your high paying jobs back!" Clinton went to the same areas and said, "those jobs aren't coming back. We need to retrain you for new jobs and provide for those too old to retrain."

Oh, the people didn't like what Clinton was saying, even though that's the reality of coal in America. Those jobs aren't coming back. Fracking has made coal not as cheap as it used to be and America's coal demand can be satisfied by strip-mining in the West that uses a fraction of the workers.

So, they voted for the guy who told them the lies that they wanted to hear. The same lies with health care, "I have a plan that is terrific. It covers everyone, is a fraction of the cost and have better benefits." All he needed to add was, "and everyone gets a pony." But, the suckers buy this nonsense -- like Trump U students.

Old 03-27-2017, 06:51 AM

13,601 posts, read 4,932,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It's foolish to think that no one wanted him to succeed, it would be counter productive to root against your own president but he has done everything in his power to alienate the left instead of trying to unite the country..
On Inauguration Day I vowed for one day not to say anything negative about Trump, and to wish him success. And he spent that day lying about how big his crowds were and that he won by a landslide and how God personally stopped the rain for his inaugural speech, and I lost what little respect I had for him right there.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:11 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
This is why

Narcissistic personality disorder Symptoms - Mayo Clinic

Read this and see if you don't agree that POTUS is suffering from this.
Friendly correction - HE doesn't suffer from his narcissism.

The rest of us do.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:15 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
To some people he's not the most likable guy, but I still think his plan for the country would be good for jobs, the economy, security, etc. IF he was able to get things done without fighting with the media and the leftists.
He's also fighting with the rightists. It wasn't leftists that torpedoed Ryan's bill. True, we leftys HATED it. But he didn't give a damn what we thought.

If he had put together a coalition of Ds and Rs, he might have actually gotten something done.

Old 03-27-2017, 07:47 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight
It's foolish to think that no one wanted him to succeed, it would be counter productive to root against your own president but he has done everything in his power to alienate the left instead of trying to unite the country..
All I can think about is how Mitch McConnell on Inauguration Day said, "our number one priority is making Obama a one-term president" and then the GOP spent 8 years trying to undermine him.

I don't want a president to succeed if his goal is to profiteer from his office, slash taxes on billionaires like himself, cut aide to the poor and middle class and increase unnecessary military spending.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:33 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Trump isn't saying the things people are already thinking; he's telling people what they want to hear, regardless of the reality.

Example: Trump, during the campaign, flew down to coal country and promised to a cheering audience, "I'm going to get your high paying jobs back!" Clinton went to the same areas and said, "those jobs aren't coming back. We need to retrain you for new jobs and provide for those too old to retrain."

Oh, the people didn't like what Clinton was saying, even though that's the reality of coal in America. Those jobs aren't coming back. Fracking has made coal not as cheap as it used to be and America's coal demand can be satisfied by strip-mining in the West that uses a fraction of the workers.

So, they voted for the guy who told them the lies that they wanted to hear. The same lies with health care, "I have a plan that is terrific. It covers everyone, is a fraction of the cost and have better benefits." All he needed to add was, "and everyone gets a pony." But, the suckers buy this nonsense -- like Trump U students.

So, 6 weeks in office and he is an utter failure and is lying because he hasn't been able to completely fulfill his promises to his base yet? Give me an example of one president that has been able to do that in such a short period of time. I at least see him working on it.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:36 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
The hate and venom coming out of the hearts, minds and mouths of radicalized liberal leftists toward Trump is appalling. As an independent, I accept Trump...and could never have such hate in my heart as the liberals do toward Trump. Sure Trump is rough around the edges..we all know that. His tweeting and often his rhetoric is embarrassing much of the time. He still is the president. He still should be respected and given the chance to govern. He deserves that much. He's far from perfect...but that does not compel me to hate him or to spew hateful venom. The radicalized leftists are the ones who want wide open borders, war with Russia, they want the USA to let half of South America to pour across our borders...They want 100's of 1000's of middle eastern refugees to pour in. Pretty soon there won't be any space left in America if the left has their way. Trump wants to enforce those laws that the left hates due to their white guilt. I'm glad Trump is going against the grain....attempting to befriend Russia...enforcing immigration laws....and etc. About time we had someone with some balls. If he doesn't do great, then he's gone in 4 years. So be it. But he should be respected and allowed to govern. But the hate from the liberal media and the radicalized leftists is likely not going to let him.

The absolute truth.

Old 03-27-2017, 08:46 AM

2,646 posts, read 1,846,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Pretty much. This also fits many other people I have come in contact with, on both sides of the political spectrum.
Yes, there are many others, that have a narcissistic personality disorder. However, our President and Commander in Chief, should not be one of them. This is a horrible disorder and people with this disease, are prone to violence and rage if their superiority comes under question. Not someone you want as a world leader. IMO

Old 03-27-2017, 08:55 AM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Yes, there are many others, that have a narcissistic personality disorder. However, our President and Commander in Chief, should not be one of them. This is a horrible disorder and people with this disease, are prone to violence and rage if their superiority comes under question. Not someone you want as a world leader. IMO
That among many things is a scary thing. The President should be an example for this nation, not show himself as a bully/petulant person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies