Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2017, 09:53 AM

63,040 posts, read 29,243,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollygee View Post
Yes, there are many others, that have a narcissistic personality disorder. However, our President and Commander in Chief, should not be one of them. This is a horrible disorder and people with this disease, are prone to violence and rage if their superiority comes under question. Not someone you want as a world leader. IMO

Obama had one of the most narcissistic personalities I have seen in a president in years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 10:46 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,784,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Is saying idiotic things like your last paragraph really necessary? What does that accomplish? People who disagree with you are on a quest to ruin the country? Perhaps they want to save it just as much as you do. I don't see a reason for those deliberately-stupid types of remarks no matter what your political outlook.

But to address the first sentence in the second paragraph--WHY? Honestly. What specifically about this person makes you think he "sincerely" wants that? Another poster believes him to be "the most patriotic person they have ever seen."

Again, seriously, why? Because those types of statements elicit a confounded HUH??? from those of us who see a huckster, a con man, the same as he had always been seen before. Tell me please why you believe he is something different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Look, lady, I don't call your misguided opinion idiotic, even though I think so. This is a typical liberal reaction. Instead of pulling for the success of the current administration, you hope for the worst. This is a sick and sad perspective.
You have to see, that some people look at the exact same facts and form a different opinion than you. Take a pill.
Yep, like today and the past week. Millions of middle class people who were smart to put money aside to fund their elderly years are not losing money because Democrats refuse to work with Republicans. They want Obamacare no matter who it hurts. And Democrats are taking pleasure in this.

Liberal mentality hoping for failure is sick.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:47 AM

88,691 posts, read 85,035,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I watched some videos about Trump from the late 1980s/early 1990s. He came off as a sleazy businessman.
I'm old enough that I didn't have to watch the videos. That's just who he always was, which is why it was so surprising to so many from the NYC metro area that people fell for his stories. But then again, it's not surprising. That IS what he has always been good at.

I don't hate him, I'm just perplexed that so many people think he's "patriotic" and "concerned about America". He is first and foremost a huckster. If you voted for him because that's what you'd rather have in office than a slimy career politician, allrighty then, but don't try to reinvent him into something he's not.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Another poster believes him to be "the most patriotic person they have ever seen."
In what way do you believe that politicians who want to force people to give their money money to or subsidize people who won't work, make bad life decisions, do drugs, in what way do you consider the takers patriotic?

Old 03-27-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Don't hate..hate is a personal thing with me..I don't know the man.

Fear him? I fear his incompetence...I fear he's empowered people who are using him for their own goals...and are not doing things in the best interests of our country.

I also loath some of the people that have crawled out from under their rocks..using his remarks and his pandering to them as a way of bringing their racist, misogynist and religious intolerance into our lives.

Trump..at the end of the day...is a tool.
Yes. I'm not sure Trump is actively racist himself, and I don't think he cares about LGBT people one way or another. And of course, Muslims are a huge part of his customer base. But the sleazy part is that he knows people do hold prejudices, and he played on that to get their votes.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
In what way do you believe that politicians who want to force people to give their money money to or subsidize people who won't work, make bad life decisions, do drugs, in what way do you consider the takers patriotic?
What are you talking about? I never said anything like that and you know it.

Please don't pretend my post said something it didn't as a platform for what you want to say. That's cheesy.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Yes, and this is also why he would not attract women, otherwise learning to take what he wanted from them. Can you imagine this "thing" actually dating or courting a woman, being kind and unselfish, instead of just having put his hands and something else wherever he wanted? It is why he has had to BUY women from other countries to be his wives.
Wait, now. Marla is from the USA. And he picked her up in an American church while he was still married to Ivana, remember?

Old 03-27-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:

I don't hate him, I'm just perplexed that so many people think he's "patriotic" and "concerned about America". He is first and foremost a huckster. If you voted for him because that's what you'd rather have in office than a slimy career politician, allrighty then, but don't try to reinvent him into something he's not.
Quote:
What are you talking about? I never said anything like that and you know it.

Please don't pretend my post said something it didn't as a platform for what you want to say. That's cheesy.
In your post you talk about a c-d member that said Trump was patriotic. You stated it in such a way that you disagree. So I ask you.. instead of diverting around my question, answer it.

What is so patriotic about someone who doesn't pay their own way, who expects someone else to pick up their tab, someone on welfare who refuses to pull their own weight, someone who has children they can't support, someone who won't support their own offspring, someone who does drugs etc.

What makes people like that patriotic and Trump not?

Last edited by petch751; 03-27-2017 at 11:10 AM..

Old 03-27-2017, 11:03 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,144,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Yes, and this is also why he would not attract women, otherwise learning to take what he wanted from them. Can you imagine this "thing" actually dating or courting a woman, being kind and unselfish, instead of just having put his hands and something else wherever he wanted? It is why he has had to BUY women from other countries to be his wives.
To be fair, when he was young, he was quite handsome and was known as a ladies man. It wasn't until he got old and fat that he showed his pervy side.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:04 AM

73,108 posts, read 62,755,053 times
Quote:
Yes. I'm not sure Trump is actively racist himself, and I don't think he cares about LGBT people one way or another. And of course, Muslims are a huge part of his customer base. But the sleazy part is that he knows people do hold prejudices, and he played on that to get their votes.
This is how I see him. He made some disturbing comments that makes me think he looks down on Blacks. What else could a person think other than racist?

Appealing to those who hold prejudice is scary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies