Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2017, 01:10 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Not.
Can I have my rep back?

(I "rushed to judgment")

Oy vey.

Old 04-26-2017, 04:32 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The outlines of this debacle are starting to fall into place. It's beginning to look like the FBI based their FISA request on Christoper Steele's ridiculous dossier on Trump. Not only that, the FBI either planned on paying for the dossier or financed part of it (too many links to include...just Google).

So who hired Steele for the dossier in the first place? Are we looking at a situation where the Obama administration had Steele create the dossier then instruct the FBI buy it, giving the FBI the go-ahead for a FISA warrant so the Obama administration could have Susan Rice start leaking the collected data to the MSM?

Maybe GCHQ had Steele create the dossier with the same outcome.

This has the appearance of a massive conspiracy, one that the intel committees are right to take their time with.

Check out Molly Hemingway in The Federalist - Did The FBI Use Garbage Opposition Research To Spy On An American?
I think you hit the nail on the head! Thus I repped the post.

If any administration is "pure Nixon" it's Obama. Including the abuse of the IRS to audit opponents.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:29 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,954,468 times
Why is this still a sticky? We know Obama was spying on Trump and nobody cares, or is even really surprised.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Why is this still a sticky? We know Obama was spying on Trump and nobody cares, or is even really surprised.
It show that Trump's tweet, for which he was vilified, was spot on.

Old 04-26-2017, 10:27 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Obama was NOT spying on Trump, was NEVER spying on Trump. There is ZERO evidence to support that, numerous prominent Republicans have so publicly stated.

No one, with two brain cells, should believe that any part of Donald Trump's irresponsible, reckless, lying tweet is true.

However Donald Trump's Mantra - "repeat a lie often enough, eventually people will believe it" - are clearly alive and well on this thread, never to die among the low-IQ among us.

Old 04-26-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
However Donald Trump's Mantra - "repeat a lie often enough, eventually people will believe it" - are clearly alive and well on this thread, never to die among the low-IQ among us.
Were you with Trump at a TM session? Did he tell you his mantra? He wasn't supposed to.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:47 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
While we figure out who the FBI was keeping tabs on and why, here's a fascinating piece to puzzle out.

Just when it looked like he might actually do something besides stonewall his committee's investigation, Chaffetz announced he is taking a break for three to four weeks from Congress and the investigation.

Seems that 12 years ago, Mr. Chaffetz fell from a ladder and had some hardware put in his ankle. Now he insists that this doctors have told him that this hardware need to be removed or he risks infection. He is calling this a "medical emergency."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTXlsQtgAXr/

Now why he is suddenly at risk of infection is anybody's guess. Or why didn't he schedule the surgery during the two week break and use a wheelchair or one of those roll around gadgets that you put your knee on while finished his recovery?

I wonder who has what on Chaffetz and whether we will ever see him in Congress again.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:59 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I care, but mostly I want to see the truth rubbed in Democrats faces. Not that they'd ever believe it.

But the House and Senate committees investigating different aspects of the Obama administration's misbehavior and the Russian fairy tale have buried everything with no one allowed off the reservation to make unapproved comments to the press. The one senator to keep an eye on and making occasional comments is Chuck Grassley, Chairman of the Judiciary Committee. But he's been around since 1981 and no one is going to challenge him.

IMO, we're never going to get the whole truth. Washington protects their own, no matter how sleazy. Especially ex-presidents.

Last edited by Dockside; 04-27-2017 at 07:59 AM..

Old 04-27-2017, 09:47 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Why is the WH trying to cover up Flynn's crimes?

Democrats Release 3 Bombshell Documents Showing That Trump WH Committed Crimes

Old 04-27-2017, 10:54 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I have a young politically active nephew who is very liberal, even more than I am...

He is a pacifist, anything but violent when it comes to how he expresses his political opinions. He has a very dim view of Republicans to the point that I asked him not long ago if he had any Republican friends like I do. Two of my oldest best friends are Republicans.

He told me "no." He explained to me that he has no want of any Republican friends. He is not a "centrist," and for him it is a moral issue.

I read so many of the comments in these threads that are essentially expressing the same sort of extreme, from both liberals and conservatives. All I can say yet again about those sorts of feelings and comments is that they are entirely unbalanced, unfair and unproductive.

Policy, examples, specifics, or don't waste everyone's time with still more inflamatory rhetoric and nonsense...
This past election cycle has been and continues to be so nasty and divisive it amazes me. My son who is a conservative leaning Libertarian was unfriended on Fakebook by his long time friend (and our long time family friend) and former H.S. teacher/mentor just because of politics. His teacher and his wife (who's also a teacher) are FLAMING liberals who worshipped at the feet of Obama/Hillary and up until this election cycle we all got along and have fun,spirited conversations about our different opinions.

Evidently (sadly) that along with a 15 year relationship has ended now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies