Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 08:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
I noticed when Al Franken had 4 minutes to ask his final questions, he really struggled to put his thoughts together and ended up just giving a lecture for about 3 minutes without a point.
When you see how lost Franken is mentally, you see that Bernie Sanders will destroy Franken in 2020.
Maybe Colbert could take Franken's seat as their both supposed comedians...

Old 05-10-2017, 08:34 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yeah... Cuz people with nothing to hide always surprise fire the nation's top cop during a sensitive administration investigation...

Guess Trump admin is feeling the heat? And as they say, where there's smoke, there's fire...

He's not going to get away with it. This just brought a lot more attention to what he's trying to hide.
Then shut up and prove it. The sane and unbiased among us will wait...

Old 05-10-2017, 09:25 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Then shut up and prove it. The sane and unbiased among us will wait...
Are you in luck.

Subpoenas are going out at this very moment.

How long it takes Congress to get to the bottom of things depends on how many Republicans are willing to ruin their political careers to slow things down a week or two.

I have high hopes eventually we will get down to sufficient Representatives and Senators left who are willing to do their jobs.

As to shut up -- you first.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:13 PM

10,726 posts, read 4,334,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Yeah... Cuz people with nothing to hide always surprise fire the nation's top cop during a sensitive administration investigation...

Guess Trump admin is feeling the heat? And as they say, where there's smoke, there's fire...

He's not going to get away with it. This just brought a lot more attention to what he's trying to hide.
The AG and deputy AG recommended Comey be fired.
President Trump was wise not to fire Comey in January, because the AG and deputy AG was not confirmed yet.
President Trump needed those guys confirmed so they could do a review of Comey.
I think the final nail in the coffin was last week when Comey got several facts wrong regarding Hillary's emails, when testifying.
He appears to be very confused, and you don't want someone like that representing the FBI.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:12 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
President Trump was wise not to fire Comey in January, because the AG and deputy AG was not confirmed yet.
I think the final nail in the coffin was last week when Comey got several facts wrong regarding Hillary's emails, when testifying.
He appears to be very confused, and you don't want someone like that representing the FBI.

Trump doesn't require anyone to fire the head of the fbi. And I'm totally not buying your narrative. There's too many conflicting facts.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:19 PM

8,491 posts, read 4,552,009 times
The WH cannot even all get on the same coverup page. Huckabee Sanders indicated that trump had been contemplating firing Comey since he was elected. Pence then asserts that Trump took decisive action. How can something that we were told was in the making for six months be considered decisive action? All the different answers by this administration look mighty shady.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Trump doesn't require anyone to fire the head of the fbi. And I'm totally not buying your narrative. There's too many conflicting facts.
I don't mean he legally required the AG and deputy AG, I mean to be thorough and to back-up your decision its best that you conduct a review via the AG and deputy AG before firing the FBI director.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
The WH cannot even all get on the same coverup page. Huckabee Sanders indicated that trump had been contemplating firing Comey since he was elected. Pence then asserts that Trump took decisive action. How can something that we were told was in the making for six months be considered decisive action? All the different answers by this administration look mighty shady.
Yeah of course Trump thought of firing Comey since January, but he didn't.
He may have thought, 'I'll see what my AG and deputy AG think'.
A President will think about many things.
It means nothing.
Trump is thinking of things that he'll do or not do in 2 or 3 years from now too.....so what?

Old 05-10-2017, 02:46 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
The other point is all the wrong doing and the wiretapping by. the Obama Administration. The unmasking by Rice and other within the organizations.
The Dem's are terrified the investigation will turn on them.

Old 05-10-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The other point is all the wrong doing and the wiretapping by. the Obama Administration. The unmasking by Rice and other within the organizations.
The Dem's are terrified the investigation will turn on them.
Very true, will be great to get some fresh eyes in to analyze the Obama administration
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies