Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2017, 12:52 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Oh, I forgot. The whole world is conspiring against Trump. This includes...

-Access Hollywood
-The Pope
-The Bureau of Labor Statistics
-Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court
-The Arnold
-Comey
-Megyn Kelly (who did not treat him very nicely)
-Nordstrom
You forgot to list the countless things he's been accused of with no proof but that's ok, your team allegiance/hatred is showing like many.

You have an odd sense of logic to assume every "investigation" is valid/will turn up something that you hope will occur. And what I see as a naive trust in a broken/bought off/corrupt system. But if it proves your world view on the way things should be, it's all ok of course no matter how it's all done, hook or crook.

A wink is as good as a nod to a blind horse as they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Bet you weren't protesting intelligence being too political when Comey decided to announce Clinton's investigation a week before the election because there was nothing on Weiner's laptop.

Bet you were advising about safe spaces and pendulums swinging both ways.
It's all political/corrupt in my view. I don't play teams. I trust none of them. Like or hate trump, if you don't agree with his term that it's all a swamp, I think one is beyond naive.

Old 03-22-2017, 12:53 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Conservatives are freak'n out and blowing their minds and are outraged I'm sure......

Old 03-22-2017, 12:57 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
This is a very good thing for Trump - proves he was right. The billion dollar question is: who ordered it and was it legal? Who "unmasked" the identity of those being recorded? This is a HUGE deal and is not going away.
Even the Fox article mentions that it was collected legally and that it was part of FISA, isn't that the order they need to spy on foreigners which again goes back to it being a taping of Russians not Trump himself.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:02 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
No matter what Trump and his cohorts will see this as proof positive 'Obama was wiretapping' Trump Tower doesn't matter what the facts are.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:07 PM

10,764 posts, read 4,346,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No matter what Trump and his cohorts will see this as proof positive 'Obama was wiretapping' Trump Tower doesn't matter what the facts are.
The facts haven't been revealed yet.
So how can you criticize Trump supporters when you don't even know the facts?

Old 03-22-2017, 01:08 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Nunes on March 15th - Devin Nunes confirms it: The evidence of Trump Tower being wiretapped just doesn’t seem to exist
The Republican chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, who has been one of the few defenders of Trump's claims, made clear Wednesday that there is zero evidence to suggest Trump Tower was wiretapped.

Nunes on March 22nd - House Intel chairman: Trump's personal communications may have been collected

Nunes said at a news conference he discovered the potential surveillance of Trump himself while reviewing intelligence reports, but said it was not related to Russia.

"I'm actually alarmed by it," Nunes said.

Nunes said the collection included Trump transition officials and that it happened after the election. He said he could not say whether it meant that Trump was "spied on"

I guess something was found recently. Trump said last week to wait a couple of weeks...
Why is he alarmed, in the article itself Nunes says it was collected legally and through FISA (again a warrant to spy on foreigners).

Old 03-22-2017, 01:16 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,079,579 times
So, through legal wiretaps, the President or his gang were heard saying things which they should not have said to people they should not have said them to.

It is not a stretch that this would happen given everything else we know about this lying creep.

Nunes: "The president should be concerned".

Great. One step closer to the door.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:18 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
That's not news. Everyone knows that operatives' phones, such as that of the Russian ambassador, are monitored. That's how Flynn's conversations were known.

This info does not support tRUMP's false tweets about wire taps on Trump Tower. Those tweets remain lies.

Nothing's changed.
Wiretap (noun) ...

an act of using a listening device to conduct surveillance.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:22 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
If an American citizen is on the line and it's not a criminal investigation then the surveillance is supposed to end immediately. That didn't happen. And then the call details were leaked. Also illegal.
No, per minimization protocol, they can continue listening in to find out what the American citizen's connection to the person under surveillance.

Old 03-22-2017, 01:27 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
Why is he alarmed, in the article itself Nunes says it was collected legally and through FISA (again a warrant to spy on foreigners).
That is an odd pair of statements. Seems to speak to a legal cause to take action that maybe went further than it was supposed to go. But I don't know... only he knows right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies